We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can’t believe I’m so calm about this. After the title there is nothing I have coveted so much for so long and even then it’s a close run thing. I believe we will come of age in Madrid. It’s the only thing we haven’t won and as we’ve won the old cup-winners cup we would enter a pretty select group as winners of all the European trophies.

This is the calm before the storm........ It's calm because there's still 2 weeks to go!!

The media have been concentrating on the Premier league win and then the FA cup..... They've had plenty of stuff to fill out the pages.

Now though, there's only 2 matches left, the Europa League Final and then the big one.

I think the microscope will be firmly pointed our way now and I think this week and then next week the tension will be ratched up higher and higher - we've still got the old will he won't he be fit saga for Kane to come.

So I've been trying to think which domestic fan bases will be supporting Spurs or Liverpool for the final.

Backing Spurs:
Man U
Everton
Leeds
Tranmere Rovers

Backing Liverpool:
Chelsea
Woolwich
West Ham
Palace
Burnley
Southampton
Fulham
Aston Villa
Millwall
Nottingham Forest

Neutral (no clear support either way):
Man City
Wolves
Leicester
Watford
Newcastle
Bournemouth
Brighton
Cardiff
Huddersfield

Feel free to add your own thoughts

So I've been trying to think which domestic fan bases will be supporting Spurs or Liverpool for the final.

Backing Spurs:
Man U
Everton
Leeds
Tranmere Rovers

Backing Liverpool:
Chelsea
Woolwich
West Ham
Palace
Burnley
Southampton
Fulham
Aston Villa
Millwall
Nottingham Forest

Man City
Wolves
Leicester
Watford
Newcastle
Bournemouth
Brighton
Cardiff
Huddersfield

Don't really care who's for us or against us TBH. If we weren't in it, I doubt I would care who won it or even bother to watch it.

Not only is it grammatically incorrect. The bird is facing the wrong fucking way.

Scousers. Can't even do a photoshop job right.

Everywhere I see Liverpool supporters, and neautrals for that matter, the view seems to be that anything can happen but Liverpool are better than us and if they play to their potential/turn up then they beat us and the trophy is theirs.

BULLSHIT!

I do think Liverpool have been better than us this season. But we've had multiple handicaps, the main one being a constant plague of injuries. The break means we will have a somewhat fit squad for the first time I can remember, no more round plugs in square holes, our best players out, etc. I don't think we are any weaker than Liverpool in terms of our overall squad except in CM and RB but we should have enough for a one of game in those positions.

The idea that they won't turn up, or that we won't turn up i find nonsensical - it's the final of the CL. Both teams will obviously play out of their skin. And both teams have shown there is no mental weakness whatsoever, we aren't going to be overawed by them or the occasion.

Liverpool being marginally better than us (though not evidenced in the CL this season) is not going to mean if they play well they will beat us. It's just lazy arrogant thinking. We are not Watford and they are not City. They are favorites but we are not true underdogs.

The final will be won on tactics most likely, where I think Poch has an edge over Klopp, overall bringing the game level or even slightly in our favor. Or it will be won on moments of brilliance from individuals on one team or the other who reach superstar status by raising their game because it's a final.

Backing Spurs:
Man U
Everton
Leeds
Tranmere Rovers

Backing Liverpool:
Chelsea
Woolwich
West Ham
Palace
Burnley
Southampton
Fulham
Aston Villa
Millwall
Nottingham Forest

Man City
Wolves
Leicester
Watford
Newcastle
Bournemouth
Brighton
Cardiff
Huddersfield

General vibe I am getting is everyone in general supports us bar West Ham, Woolwich and Chelsea fans as they can’t stand Liverpool fans and media wankfest.

That is hideous

Oh they get better...

D69BT0xX4AEZS4n.jpg

Backing Spurs:
Man U
Everton
Leeds
Tranmere Rovers

Backing Liverpool:
Chelsea
Woolwich
West Ham
Palace
Burnley
Southampton
Fulham
Aston Villa
Millwall
Nottingham Forest

Man City
Wolves
Leicester
Watford
Newcastle
Bournemouth
Brighton
Cardiff
Huddersfield

I think you’d be surprised just how many will be backing us. It’s not just us and the Mancs that find the Scousers insufferable cunts.

Can't stop watching the highlight videos. How many times were we minutes from going out. It has to be written. It's fate. Please please please let this fairy tale campaign end with us bringing the trophy home. It just can't end on a losing note. :avbpray:

Backing Spurs:
Man U
Everton
Leeds
Tranmere Rovers

Backing Liverpool:
Chelsea
Woolwich
West Ham
Palace
Burnley
Southampton
Fulham
Aston Villa
Millwall
Nottingham Forest

Man City
Wolves
Leicester
Watford
Newcastle
Bournemouth
Brighton
Cardiff
Huddersfield

A bit general loads of spammers and Chavs prefer us over dippers.

I'm sure most spammers are jealous of us but on KUMB they seem to dislike dippers equally?

Interesting view. Personally, I can’t see any West Ham fan preferring to see Spurs win the Champions League over Liverpool. They might hate Liverpool, but we are their number one enemy, make no mistake about that.

As long as we treat this like a European game and not a PL one we will be alright, I fully expect us to concede within the first 10 minutes but we will win in the end, I reckon we equalise on the 80th and Kane scores the winner on the 93rd!

Back
Top Bottom