We can be HEROES Barca Spurs 11/12/2018

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If any of you lot are in town please do come and introduce yourselves. Look for the best looking guy drinking near the BarcelonaSpurs banner in Plaza Reial.

I'll be the one stood next to him.

Looks like Lamela is travelling. Definitely no Aurier or Trippier though so it really does look like KWP may get the biggest start of his career. (Unless Poch does something silly and tries to experiment with Sissoko at right wing back or something).

Looks like Lamela is travelling. Definitely no Aurier or Trippier though so it really does look like KWP may get the biggest start of his career. (Unless Poch does something silly and tries to experiment with Sissoko at right wing back or something).
Don't joke... I can see it happening!

Few rumours flying about that Messi is being rested tomorrow night. He was in Madrid Sunday for the Copa game. Hardly a long flight, but interesting.

Let’s hope it’s true!

I didn't see Foyth either so the only other plausible option could be Davies or Dier in DC and Alderweireld right back. Or even Dier at RB. Doesn't sound very Poch though. I'd bet on KWP.

My take on Messi being proven a bit here.....shit your pants, accept defeat, pull your pants down, let Messi raft one up yer bum.

That’s basically the attitude of La Liga defenders for the last 10 years.

Hopefully our boys have a bit more self respect.
Lol.

This is nonsense and you know it.

For starters, we aren't playing the game.

There is such a thing called pragmatism.

What was the main reason we lost to Barcelona at Wembley?

Is it a bit mad that i’ll be gutted if Messi doesn’t play? I’m flying over tomo and i’ve Never seen him play and to see him play vs Spurs would be so amazing? Obv I want us to go through but I want us to beat Messi’s Barca!

Maybe I’m mad?

If any of you lot are in town please do come and introduce yourselves. Look for the best looking guy drinking near the BarcelonaSpurs banner in Plaza Reial.

I'll be the one stood next to him.
I’ll be there with the other half staying well clear of you with your good looks I intend to leave with my relationship intact or I can say hello if a free beer is on offer

Checking out the ol' Barcelona forum - they seem to think these players will definitely play:

Cillessen (GK)
Semedo (RB)
Chumi (CB)
Miranda (LB)
Arthur (CM)
Munir (FW)

I hope it's Vermaelen at centre back with Chumi if that's the case because that'd be a seriously average back four for a club the size of Barcelona and we would definitely be able to create chances for Kane.

Is it a bit mad that i’ll be gutted if Messi doesn’t play? I’m flying over tomo and i’ve Never seen him play and to see him play vs Spurs would be so amazing? Obv I want us to go through but I want us to beat Messi’s Barca!

Maybe I’m mad?
yes its mad.

Lol.

This is nonsense and you know it.

For starters, we aren't playing the game.

There is such a thing called pragmatism.

What was the main reason we lost to Barcelona at Wembley?
Barcelona are very good and we were poor at marking for at least two of their goals

But don’t tell me, we lost to Messi FC

Arthur ran us ragged at Wembley, everyone talking about Messi but the Brazilian did the work in the middle.

Would be a result if he didn't play.

Exceptional talent.

He's just coming back from an injury though and is probably likely to start to regain match fitness. So unlikely to be at 100% anyway. But I agree, he was really really good at Wembley, arguably the best player on the pitch that night not named Lionel.

That's a unique of avoiding saying Messi was the difference.

Your avoidance of giving Messi any credit is far more absurd than any ''overrating'' of him.

He’s world class. But so are his team mates.

All this “if Messi plays we won’t win” is nonsense is you ask me.

Maybe we should ignore the likes of Rakitic wandering into our box unmarked and put everyone on Messi

Back
Top Bottom