We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What strikes me now I've wiped the tears away is some of these men were not great players. But they were undoubtedly men.

Danny Rose was Doncaster belligerent, Sissoko was not someone you'd mess with, ditto Wanyama. Vertonghen and Alderweireld, Lamela was a sith Lord of the dark arts, Loris was a world cup winning leader of a notoriously fractious French squad. Whatever his failings as a footballer Eric Dier is as honest as the days long. Lucas Moura headless but not a quitter.

Not many speciality celebrations or dance moves among the people I've named granted ( 🎯 ) but fair bit of heart and fight we need more like them an our next phase of recruitment needs to look to this side of the footballers we buy.

Last edited:
Just remembered who was in goal for Ajax (see, fumble in goal #2) and who their manager was !
He and his players get a lot of stick for not shutting the game down at the end and still trying to attack but think it was always destined to be.

To come back after the humbling in the first leg, then going behind and still keeping the faith, absolutely destined.

I've never told this story...

The morning of "that night" we found out my wife had a miscarriage. After years of trying we had finally gotten pregnant and it ended with tears. Of course the game helped soothe some of the pain but obviously we were devastated.

A couple years later we got pregnant again. This time it worked out and our beautiful boy was born. We thought it fitting to name him Lucas. He's now 2 and loves watching "Tah-num" games.

Last edited:
I was watching at a friend's house. When the 3rd goal went in both he and his g/f went absolutely bananas, I just sat there in stunned silence for about 20seconds. I think it was part disbelief and partly because of the VAR decision against City. I half expected it to be disallowed. Once the reality hit home, I went fucking crazy.

I then went nearly as crazy when Lamela started doing stepovers on the edge of our own box after the restart.

The hangover was legendary... what a night...

The morning of "that night" we found my wife had a miscarriage. After years of trying we had finally gotten pregnant and it ended with tears. Of course the game helped soothe some of the pain but obviously we were devastated.

A couple years later we got pregnant again. This time it worked out and our beautiful boy was born. We thought it fitting to name him Lucas. He's now 2 and loves watching "Tah-num" games.
Jesus. Talk about a fucking rollercoaster of a day.

:angehug:

The morning of "that night" we found my wife had a miscarriage. After years of trying we had finally gotten pregnant and it ended with tears. Of course the game helped soothe some of the pain but obviously we were devastated.

Sad Matthew Mcconaughey GIF by Legendary Entertainment

Can you guys stop please 🙏

Congrats mate and welcome Lucas!

XLDs.gif

Love that. Bless you all .

I'm filling up here!

I'm fortunate enough that I've never known that pain, but my Sister did. It was awful to observe, and the powerlessness you feel wanting to comfort, but knowing that nothing you can ever say will give any comfort.

I'm so pleased you came through that tragedy to have the joy of your boy. Nothing on Earth can ever match the joy your Child can give you.

I'm made up for you Bruv, and your Missus too. Squeeze every moment you can out of your time with him. All too soon they've grown up and your home feels empty when they're gone. My eldest moved out a month ago, my youngest is living his best life doing musical theatre on a cruise ship, then he's moving out when his contract is up. I miss them both more than I ever would have imagined.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom