We are Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone fancy putting some stats together on this? I'd be interested to see if my gut feeling is right, that we don't sack managers more frequently that the average.
Season/No. of Premier League Managers Sacked

00/01 7
01/02 8
02/03 4
03/04 6
04/05 8
05/06 9
06/07 9
07/08 11
08/09 12
09/10 8
10/11 9
11/12 10
12/13 9
13/14 13

By Club - No. of managers since 92/93/Years played in Premier League
(Here are the top 10, plus a few select teams)
Spurs 20/22
Newcastle 19/20
Chelsea 18/22
Southampton 14/15
Aston Villa 13/22
Man City 12/17
Crystal Palace 11/5
Sunderland 11/13
West Ham 11/18
West Brom 10/8
Fulham 10/13
Blackburn 10/18
--------------------
Woolwich 6/22
Man Utd 4/22
Portsmouth 9/7
Wigan 5/8
QPR 6/6
Liverpool 8/22
Bolton 7/13

I included years spent in the Premier League as teams are under much more pressure in the top division and therefore more inclined to make managerial changes.

But, whichever way you look at it, we've had more managers than any other club.

Season/No. of Premier League Managers Sacked

00/01 7
01/02 8
02/03 4
03/04 6
04/05 8
05/06 9
06/07 9
07/08 11
08/09 12
09/10 8
10/11 9
11/12 10
12/13 9
13/14 13

Spurs 20/22
Newcastle 19/20
Chelsea 18/22
Southampton 14/15
Aston Villa 13/22
Man City 12/17
Crystal Palace 11/5
Sunderland 11/13
West Ham 11/18
West Brom 10/8
Fulham 10/13
Blackburn 10/18
--------------------
Woolwich 6/22
Man Utd 4/22
Portsmouth 9/7
Wigan 5/8
QPR 6/6
Liverpool 8/22
Bolton 7/13

I included years spent in the Premier League as teams are under much more pressure in the top division and therefore more inclined to make managerial changes.

Palace on 2+ managers season average in the their prem years?

No no. They've had 11 managers since 92/93, but only played 5 seasons in the Premier League in those years.

Sorry, just a quick overview with randomly selected fields.

#BringBackCJJ

Ahhh got you (Could be me being retarded). Was about to suggest that we don't have enough managers for a moment then.

Look at Watford. Top of the league and on their 36 manager of the season.

No manager has been sacked yet this season, that feels like the longest start to a season without a sacking in a while. Martinez, Rodgers and Redknapp appear under the most pressure but after their previous season are likely to be given more time.

No manager has been sacked yet this season, that feels like the longest start to a season without a sacking in a while. Martinez, Rodgers and Redknapp appear under the most pressure but after their previous season are likely to be given more time.
Of the group, I'd expect Redknapp and Pardew to go first. Pardew will be Ashley's sacrificial lamb when the crowds get too restless at the lack of effort from the club.

Isn't Pardew's contract to 2018 or something? Pretty expensive dismissal.
Depend on the clauses within the contract, but it could be. Ashley seems determined to spend the least effort possible to run the club without getting relegated. At some point, the fans are going to turn on him pretty hard when they clue in.

Spurs 20/22

Are you including all those caretaker managers in that? I count twelve, not twenty:

Are you including all those caretaker managers in that? I count twelve, not twenty:

Yeah, he's definitely including caretaker managers. Which I think should absolutely should be included. The one thing I have NEVER understood is the mindset that sacking someone without an immediate replacement is a good idea.

THIS is Tottenham to me
the-1972-team-with-the-uefa-cup-5540155.jpg
And me, fond childhood memories.

Yeah, he's definitely including caretaker managers. Which I think should absolutely should be included. The one thing I have NEVER understood is the mindset that sacking someone without an immediate replacement is a good idea.
It isn't, but sometimes you aren't given that choice.

Someone has probably already mentioned this but for me I want to see players in the team that are exciting to watch.
Like Ginola, Berbatov, Moric, VDV, Bale, Lennon (when he was younger and every time he got the ball thousands of blokes would shout 'GO ON" watching him speeding past people) King, Keane, Defoe etc. etc.

I don't feel like there is anyone like that in our team at the moment. Eriksen is the closest but even he doest get me that hard.

I also want a 'Mr Tottenham'.

I just don't feel like we have an identity at the moment and its sucking the enjoyment out of watching Spurs for me. maybe thats my problem, but I don't think I'm alone.

Football becomes less exciting as you get older because you see it for what it is.. We are Performing no better or worse than recent years gone by. For me It's all about whether we believe the club/ team are moving forward. . I can remember moans that we played too much fancy football and couldn't defend. Now we still can't defend but play a pressing game? We do need a Bale to out score the oppersition. We do need a Roberts to rally the troops. We do need a Perryman to lead from the front. A Gascoigne to dominate some games . We just need them all at the same time. That's Tootenham for me , great Players but different eras. We need them all now!

Back
Top Bottom