Vs Inter in Oslo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just my tuppence worth from being at the game, different perspective and all that:

CCV had a good game but distribution wise was a bit shaky, definitely not ready for a Premier League start but would be nice to see him get some cup minutes / sub appearances to build the confidence. Rest of the defence was business as usual.

Lamela was the stand out player by far. Covered the ground and was effective with the ball too, what a finish as well. Soon as it left his foot you knew it was in. Dier, Mason, Alli all steady. Eriksen was a bit disappointing but we all know what he can contribute. Substitutions wise I was very impressed with Winks.Someone else has already mentioned it but the way he moved the ball quickly and forwards and took possession under pressure was pretty special for one so young against Inter. Edwards looks so lightweight but made one defender look daft, went past him like he wasn't even there.

Kane got involved as he always does but Janssen I was obviously keeping a close eye on. He's a bit of a lump in the way he moves around and does look slightly sluggish, but his link up play, close control and vision were impressive. Took his goal well and looked comfortable holding the ball up and bringing others into play. I don't think we'll see him AND Kane too often but its definitely something we can ue and a different option which we didn't have last season.

Quick note on Wimmer, he did some jogging/sprints with a fitness coach post match. Had some strapping on his knee and didn't look entirely comfortable. Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make the Everton game so we could see Dier in at CB with Toby, Wanyama and Mason in the middle I expect.

Harsh to sack Mancini for a friendly loss. Yes it was a bad loss but it was just a friendly and we are a very good team, better than Inter in recent years, so not a bad loss in many ways.

Harsh to sack Mancini for a friendly loss. Yes it was a bad loss but it was just a friendly and we are a very good team, better than Inter in recent years, so not a bad loss in many ways.

You'd have to think, there was loads of tension between him and the owners already. Surely, they were just looking for an excuse. As you note, a sacking for a friendly loss would be madness :levywtf:

Feel sorry for him, he is a club legend and I think a decent coach too. How Inter have been run is so poor and along with Milan lead the way in the decline of Serie A and it's iconic clubs. Another club taken over by foreign ownership, another fuck-up, why some people on here lust after Chinese/American/Thai/Russian ownership is utterly beyond me.
I have nothing against Mancini personally but i don't feel sorry for him or anyone earning millions of pounds, he's hardly going to be slumming it down the dole office. I'm of the opinion that football is one of the few areas of life that you can be rewarded well for failure and get another chance on the managerial merry go round.
Agree on the ownership issue but with the money sloshing around now i think foreign billionaire owners are going to be the norm sadly.

The problem is £30 million won't get you a marquee signing nowadays, it will get you Sadio Mane or a project like Batshuayi.
If you want a real marquee signing you are looking at £75 million and up.

Fair enough but I still think we don't need one!

Just another keeper!
:llorisunsure:

Back
Top Bottom