United's kit deal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what we have to compete with. And people get upset we don't finish top 4.
United we're shit last season, have no champions league or even Europa league and have a long way to go to catch back up with city and even Chelsea.
Yet the strength of their brand a thanks to the proliferation of the premier league means they can command a fee like this.

Not saying they don't 'deserve' it. Those years of success were hard fought. But let's not kid ourselves we have more than a very outside chance each season of finishing above these clubs

Cue somebody saying "75m per season for United, so because we finished 5 points above them last season we should be asking 80m."

As I have said many times Man United are still the biggest club in Britain, they took £1 billion of debt/interest and through size alone managed to support it when any other team even RM would have fallen.

The Glazer debt has severly damaged United as otherwise they would have had many hundred of millions more to spend on players over the last decade than what they did but with this deal United will be in a position again to spend like City or Chelsea (although unlike City or Chelsea entirely self-funded not sugar daddies) with debt almost cleared they can go and buy for 50 even 80 million on any player they want.

Of course with Van Gaal as well United could go through a rapid rebuilding, top 4 as you say Jimmy will be nigh on impossible unless Poch is a genius or we find 2-3 Bale quality players. The debt is going, Moyes is gone and Van Gaal is here, Bugger!

As I have said many times Man United are still the biggest club in Britain, they took £1 billion of debt/interest and through size alone managed to support it when any other team even RM would have fallen.

The Glazer debt has severly damaged United as otherwise they would have had many hundred of millions more to spend on players over the last decade than what they did but with this deal United will be in a position again to spend like City or Chelsea (although unlike City or Chelsea entirely self-funded not sugar daddies) with debt almost cleared they can go and buy for 50 even 80 million on any player they want.

Of course with Van Gaal as well United could go through a rapid rebuilding, top 4 as you say Jimmy will be nigh on impossible unless Poch is a genius or we find 2-3 Bale quality players. The debt is going, Moyes is gone and Van Gaal is here, Bugger!

Van Gaal will flop imo - the press desperately want him to be a success for some reason, but I think he'll struggle.

Van Gaal will flop imo - the press desperately want him to be a success for some reason, but I think he'll struggle.

He is a very good manager, I don't think he will solve everything in 6 months or even the first season but he is far superior to Moyes, the money makes a huge difference as well, left with the old rag tag United team of fat Rooney he is limited but being able to pick and choose players he can bring in the players to fit his style.

I believe that this transfers window is more important to us than most Spurs fans think, as well as clearing the deadwood we need top 4 quality strikers (Bony/Remy for example) to solve our left back problem and maybe even a cheeky bid for someone like Draxler which is being reported in the media.

Why, because it is better now to solve our deficiencies even if that means a bit of a crazy transfers window and then let Poch develop the team than leave it. Arsenals, Chelsea, Liverpool are strengthening and Man United is rebuilding, we need a top 4 first 11 before they begin to pull away from us too much.

Our squad is too big which is good in some ways in that we can sell to raise cash and as long as we buy quality not quantity (3-4 players) in key positions I think we will do alright. I am just concerned that with Rose at left back and a misfiring Soldado/Ade up front we will be in no position to aim for anything but 5-7 this season.

It's like a user exchange programme. The united forums had to put up with Arseface for 8000 odd posts, so we get this guy. To be fair, we got a way better deal than they did.
I find comments based on 'physical appearance' highly ironic coming from you, Tom.

I fucking loathe United. I desperately want to see them do a Leeds.

No shit it's not going to happen. You don't need to point it out.

Back
Top Bottom