Under 21s at Norwich

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They reckoned about 10,000 earlier. Tickets are free though, still 'impressive'. Obviously limited things to do on a Tuesday in Norwich!

Nice.

Whats the turnout for this do you know?

I don't get sound on my computer so I don't know if they've mentioned it but it looks like quite a lot of Norwich fans showed up. They must miss being our bogie team.

Little bit of a frustrating result. Thought we could have pushed on for an equalizer but gave up an unfortunate third to Norwich on the counter. Considering how young our team was (only two players in their twenties plus a 16 year old and two 17 year olds) and that we were missing four starters (Oduwa, Winks, Ball, and Veljkovic) it wasn't a bad performance. The second half was a real improvement on the first. Onomah, Oglivie, and Ceballos the most impressive.

Wait, Kane is U21? I thought he was 21
I think in International terms you just have to be Under 21 at a set date at start of qualifying campaign (which could last 2 years) so in theory you can be 22, almost 23 and still play for U21s...

Just got back from this, as yeah there isnt much to do in Norwich on a Tuesday night :) Crowd was 10,000+ due to free tickets (i know a mate who got FIFTY of them) so the majority were kids. You all probably had a better angle on Bt Sport to see eveything but FWIW heres my thoughts

1) very unlucky goal, though Oglivie did alright other than that, missed it as i was just walking in the ground from the pub though so saw it on replays
2) our keeper played well, 3 good saves with one particularly good one low down to his right. Bizarre throw in later in second half where he was invited to come out of his area near the left touchline and chest it before clearing (!!!!?!?)
3) Ceballos looked the only player with craft
4) Miller looks tidy with his passing but is probably too small to play that role in the middle
5) the two full backs were caught up the pitch a lot but some very sharp norwich ine touch balls from the middle out to the wings
6) just like the senior team we get in good positions but struggle to finish
7) have no idea why our number 10 moved so deep in the second half when he looked a menace up top with his running and strength, at one point he was picking the ball up from our keeper in our box

I watched the first half, got depressed by how superior Norwich were, so couldn't face the second half. Just saw the goal by Ceballos though, top drawer.
Don't be downhearted, 9 of Norwich's players have PL experience compared to 3 of ours, plus they're squad was considerably older than ours, we had two(?) 17 year olds playing. Also winning games isn't as important as it would be in the premier league, it's more about player development and trialing footballing systems.

Don't be downhearted, 9 of Norwich's players have PL experience compared to 3 of ours, plus they're squad was considerably older than ours, we had two(?) 17 year olds playing. Also winning games isn't as important as it would be in the premier league, it's more about player development and trialing footballing systems.

Our squad today was so young. Onomah (17), Walker-Peters (17), Maghoma (16), Ogilvie (18), Miller (18), Akindayini (18), Sonupe (18).

It definitely showed. Norwich's players looked like adults and ours looked so young. Still, we were the much more skilled team and pretty much dominated the second half after a tough first half. I thought that rebound was pretty impressive for such a young group missing four starters.

Fair comments, but it didn't make my viewing any easier. Just couldn't enjoy it. On another site a couple of people have been suggesting KWP should start in the first team, good job they don't pick the team, he's way short of first team on that showing. Of course he may make it and I hope he does, but he's a lot to learn yet.

That's not to say he was the worst defender, just he's the one people have been saying play him instead of Naughton or Dier.

The only one who looks first team material ATM is Ceballos, and guess what he's already played for the first team and was IIRC an 'overage player' last night.

Fair comments, but it didn't make my viewing any easier. Just couldn't enjoy it. On another site a couple of people have been suggesting KWP should start in the first team, good job they don't pick the team, he's way short of first team on that showing. Of course he may make it and I hope he does, but he's a lot to learn yet.

That's not to say he was the worst defender, just he's the one people have been saying play him instead of Naughton or Dier.
I was at the easter tournament in Düsseldorf ( my hometown) and KWP really impressed me. Is there a chance that he will be loaned out this season? I guess 6-9 loan spells and he will be in the first team season 2018/19. :townhmm:

I was at the easter tournament in Düsseldorf ( my hometown) and KWP really impressed me. Is there a chance that he will be loaned out this season? I guess 6-9 loan spells and he will be in the first team season 2018/19. :townhmm:
Well it was the first time I've seen him and he looked off the pace against Norwich, so I wouldn't want to see him for his and our sake against the likes of City. Probably 2018 sounds about right, but I kid you not some people actually think he should be playing in the Prem now. Mind you, maybe they've seen some sense now after yesterday.

Good thing KWP is 17 years old and only playing in his second or third U21 game. Anyone suggesting him for the first team is nuts, doesn't mean he isn't a massive talent. He's just really young.

Back
Top Bottom