U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was. Took a knock from their centre back. Looked like a twist to me. Sat on the bench getting treatment for about 20 minutes afterwards.

jackson.jpg

Really enjoyed watching the U21's for an hour! Game changed massively when Ball was sent off. Think we should be tougher to break down even with 10 men.

Am not as familiar with many of the players as most of you if course. Had my season ticket for 10 years or so but only my 3rd U21 game ever. Thought our #2 has a real chance - is that Alex McQueen? Looks a bit slight but will fill out as he gets older I'm sure. Gets up and down, rarely does anything flash, but rarely gives the ball away or makes a wrong decision. Impressed with him.

Sandro's pass completion rate must have been about 15% but his demanding the ball rate was 100%!! He could have just hidden and popped the ball about easily but not a bit of it ! He put a real shift in but looked short of match fitness. A top man, made a point of saying hello to my little girl and I briefly before the game as we were stood on our own.

Kane, Fryers and Rose stood out. Coulthirst and Coulibaly worked hard but we did insist on kicking it long to them!

The penalty and sending off really changed the game though, and we didn't seem to try and change anything to stay in the game which was disappointing and a bit worrying. We'd bossed it till that point! Should have been 3 or 4 before half time really. Seemed to be loads of other managers (Phil Brown the most notable) and Scouts there so maybe we didn't change to give the youngsters the best chance of securing a decent loan?

The highlight for me though was Franco Baldini running to get a ball that had gone for a corner! Hilarious! Good to see Tim shake every player by the hand before kick off as well. He acts like he's in charge, which again I think is a positive. He encouraged from the sideline but let the coaches do their thing. If he and Baldini have problems with each other they hid it well!

Sorry that's a bit long and boring - bit thought is share what I thought. Oh, and Kaboul came over and watched the last 20 minutes - he's an absolute monster of a man! Playing against him must be horrific!!

Looking at Charlton-QPR and the pitch looks like it's half sand half grass.
Are all the pitches like this in the Championship? Thinking it might have an impact on young Carroll's performances...

He's starting for them today btw!

Edit: he just missed a really good chance to score because the ball just wobbled about as he let his foot go.

Squad: Archer, Coulibaly, Coulthirst, Dombaxe, Gallifuoco, Lameiras, McEneff, McEvoy, A McQueen, Miles, Miller, Oduwa, Ogilvie, Stewart, Winks.

Interesting squad for today's u21 vs Southampton.

Ogilvie, Winks, Oduwa, and Miller all move from the u18s. Windy predicted a couple of weeks ago on the podcast that we'd see a few move up considering how well the u18s have played this year. Good to see.

Squad: Archer, Coulibaly, Coulthirst, Dombaxe, Gallifuoco, Lameiras, McEneff, McEvoy, A McQueen, Miles, Miller, Oduwa, Ogilvie, Stewart, Winks.

Ogilvie, Winks, Oduwa, and Miller all move from the u18s. Windy predicted a couple of weeks ago on the podcast that we'd see a few move up considering how well the u18s have played this year. Good to see.
Very happy with that. Shame not to see Carter-Vickers there, but his time will come.

What did they say about it?
They focused on the increased ticket prices and the 'decline' in atmosphere across top flight football. Then there was an interview with flav and he was talking about how 1882 has developed over the last 18 months, youth games Charlton/Barca next gen/Woolwich etc. Emphasised that it wasn't ALL about the result but the experience and how it was important to create a good atmosphere for the players.

I'm sure it's available On Demand, worth it just for have a gander at flav's dapper dayglo attire. :chicco:

I'd forgotten that, but you're right - I did. The Under-21s is the right place for some of these players.

As fans, we need to not worry about results for the Under-18s and 21s. the experience the players are getting is far more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom