U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracking introduction for him. Hope he has a great spell there.

One player who really impressed me when I went to the training ground for the Charlton game. He'll do well with Millwall and will hopefully return to us an even better player. Just a shame we have Walker (In a nice way) who has that RB place nailed down.

One player who really impressed me when I went to the training ground for the Charlton game. He'll do well with Millwall and will hopefully return to us an even better player. Just a shame we have Walker (In a nice way) who has that RB place nailed down.

Think I read somewhere he has a very good left foot. Not sure how right that is though. So could be good competition for both flanks. And will be good for Walker to have some pacey competition too.

Just got back from the training ground, where our U18s drew 2-2 with West Brom. WBA were 2-0 up at HT, and we pulled it back in the second half, but it's no exaggeration to say we could have won 7-2. Even in the first half we were the dominant team, but two sucker punches had us on the back foot. Their first goal came straight after a blatant hack down on our CM but the ref gave nothing. Fair to say our bench wasn't impressed!

Josh Onomah (16) and Cameron Carter-Vickers (only just turned 16) were probably our two best players, which given their age is hugely encouraging. CCV reads the game so well, and for his size and build, he is very good on the ball. Onomah just doesn't give the ball away. Strong on the ball like Dembele, but has the agility and footwork of a winger. He's got a bright future.

Their keeper was definitely MOTM - great saves from Oduwa (who was also class), Akindayini, Ogilvie and Sonupe. Our keeper had nothing to do but pick the ball out the net twice! He also seems to have a thing for rolling it out or kicking it short, even if it's not really on. Nearly got us in trouble a couple of times.

Anthony Georgiou came on after 60 minutes and scored soon after following a cracking through ball from Winks. He then equalised with 5 minutes to go - Luke Pritchard tried to touch it, but failed, and I think he was offside. Nothing was given though and it's another of those interfering / not interfering situations. We deserved to get the decision though because as well as the foul before their first goal, we had a goal disallowed at 2-1 for a foul, but nobody around me could work out where this foul was.

The whole second half was attack vs defence, and we had chances right up to the end, but we couldn't find a winner. Can't really be disappointed about a 2-2 draw when you were 2-0 at HT, but if there was such a time, it's today!

Also, I was stood next to the pushiest, most demanding, and to be honest most annoying parents ever. I think it was Kane Vincent-Young's Mum and Dad, and they just could not find anything positive to say about anyone, especially Kane. I wanted to hit them both after about 5 minutes. They seemed to think they knew more about how to play football than anyone on the pitch. Felt sorry for their kid having to go home to them - it was so obvious he was just going to get an earful even though he played perfectly fine! Rant over!

Highlights of the WBA U18 game (see above) here:

The non-foul in the build up to their first goal was truly laughable. Thought it was ridiculous at the time, this clip makes it even worse! Obviously just showing the goals doesn't show our dominance. Hopefully Spurs do a longer clip, but I'd be surprised!

Highlights of the WBA U18 game (see above) here:

The non-foul in the build up to their first goal was truly laughable. Thought it was ridiculous at the time, this clip makes it even worse! Obviously just showing the goals doesn't show our dominance. Hopefully Spurs do a longer clip, but I'd be surprised!

That is shit but as always with the development teams performance is more important than the result. Glad to hear we were dominant.

Just got back from the training ground, where our U18s drew 2-2 with West Brom. WBA were 2-0 up at HT, and we pulled it back in the second half, but it's no exaggeration to say we could have won 7-2. Even in the first half we were the dominant team, but two sucker punches had us on the back foot. Their first goal came straight after a blatant hack down on our CM but the ref gave nothing. Fair to say our bench wasn't impressed!

Josh Onomah (16) and Cameron Carter-Vickers (only just turned 16) were probably our two best players, which given their age is hugely encouraging. CCV reads the game so well, and for his size and build, he is very good on the ball. Onomah just doesn't give the ball away. Strong on the ball like Dembele, but has the agility and footwork of a winger. He's got a bright future.

Their keeper was definitely MOTM - great saves from Oduwa (who was also class), Akindayini, Ogilvie and Sonupe. Our keeper had nothing to do but pick the ball out the net twice! He also seems to have a thing for rolling it out or kicking it short, even if it's not really on. Nearly got us in trouble a couple of times.

Anthony Georgiou came on after 60 minutes and scored soon after following a cracking through ball from Winks. He then equalised with 5 minutes to go - Luke Pritchard tried to touch it, but failed, and I think he was offside. Nothing was given though and it's another of those interfering / not interfering situations. We deserved to get the decision though because as well as the foul before their first goal, we had a goal disallowed at 2-1 for a foul, but nobody around me could work out where this foul was.

The whole second half was attack vs defence, and we had chances right up to the end, but we couldn't find a winner. Can't really be disappointed about a 2-2 draw when you were 2-0 at HT, but if there was such a time, it's today!

Also, I was stood next to the pushiest, most demanding, and to be honest most annoying parents ever. I think it was Kane Vincent-Young's Mum and Dad, and they just could not find anything positive to say about anyone, especially Kane. I wanted to hit them both after about 5 minutes. They seemed to think they knew more about how to play football than anyone on the pitch. Felt sorry for their kid having to go home to them - it was so obvious he was just going to get an earful even though he played perfectly fine! Rant over!

Great write up. I was also in attendance and I would pretty much along with all that other than I thought Oduwa was so frustrating and rightly subbed.

Interesting note regarding the pushy parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom