U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
10628513_273185266185351_3706346774228555_n.jpg

Croatian newspaper running a full article on our academy!

Quick highlight from the match yesterday. Turned into the Keanan Bennetts show for a little while there. Quality not the greatest but wanted to be able to show the goals and most important bits.

Well that game was quite something! Excellent way to wrap up the season, every player was a 10. Woolwich albeit a younger side were totally overhwelmed, defenders arguing with each other. It was brilliant to watch. COYS

Talking of youngsters going abroad to get chances, an interesting interview with Milos Velijkovic who many/most youth watchers thought was a nailed on future first teamer for Spurs but who left in 2016 for £300k to Werder Bremen.

Now aged 22 he's a first team regular at Werder Bremen having played over 60 games and almost certainly part of Serbia's World Cup squad this summer. His value now - difficult to say but anywhere between £25m and £45m would be my guess.....especially as he would qualify as a home grown player for PL clubs.

In the interview he talks of his immense pride both for himself and his country at winning the u20 World Cup as part of a 'golden generation' of Serbian players, but against all expectations that they should win. The interview then goes on -

But it (the u20 world cup win) was also one of the catalysts that pushed him out of Tottenham Hotspur. Veljkovic, who had played just three times for Spurs, felt his time to play regular first-team football had come:
“It was a really big experience for me but then to come back to Tottenham and not get a chance that also got me a bit upset.”
“After this, I wanted to be able to get a chance. Obviously, I can’t play every game then but I needed a chance or I needed to go somewhere else. So that was what I decided.

“Unfortunately I could not go straight away to Werder Bremen but after six months the club agreed to let me go. It was also a relief because after winning the under-20 World Cup all of my team-mates went to big clubs or were playing with their respective clubs. I didn’t get the chance This was a bit disappointing from my point of view.”

Such a feeling should certainly come as a warning for English teams, with such an abundance of talent in the Premier League likely feeling the same way Veljkovic did after his summer triumph.

Worth a full read
Exclusive: Milos Veljkovic – Werder Bremen hopes, World Cup chances and Spurs exit

Word up here in Sweden is that Spurs have tabled an offer for Swedish U21 striker Joel Asoro. Currently at Sunderland. He's been with Sunderland since 2015 so should class as a home grown?. He's 19 years old but very highly rated up here and seen as one of Sweden's brightest attacking prospects. Word is Sunderland has accepted the offer.

I'll see if I can find anything more

Don't know if posted before but we've taken an U-15's (I think) squad to play in the International Champions Cup "Futures". We play an American College youth team tonight at 10:35 that can be streamed Futures! More info on the website but it's a tournament structure with 8 other European teams (including Woolwich and the scousers).
Games are only an hour long so it may be an "interesting" watch if anyone is missing the World Cup and Football that much.

A reminder that Tottenham Hotspur U21s play Woolwich at Hotspur Way, Enfield on Saturday 23rd February, KO 12:00.

The public are allowed access to these matches, so it may be well worth paying the lads a visit.

Spurs are currently top of the Elite Group with 13 points from 5 matches with Woolwich in 7th place in the 8-team group on 2 points from their 3 games played so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom