U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too early to say that, but give it 5/10 years and I think we'll be considered to be up there.
We don't even have the best academy in England. United is far in front. Granted last few years they've fallen off but they've largely been playing youth players this year as well and have been pretty good in the league. They also had Pogba in their youth academy and Morrison who was almost more highly rated.

We don't even have the best academy in England. United is far in front. Granted last few years they've fallen off but they've largely been playing youth players this year as well and have been pretty good in the league. They also had Pogba in their youth academy and Morrison who was almost more highly rated.
Yeah, but both Pogba and Morrison left because of a lack of first team opportunities...

Man Utd vs West Ham.. 1-1 draw, 1 youth product.
Spurs vs. Woolwich.. 2-1 win, 4 youth products.

The point of the Academy is to develop young players who are ready to play for the first team at the Premier League level. While it can be hard to judge if managers/coaches are unwilling to use the Academy prospects, I think judging the number of Academy products in the squad is a reasonable approach. On that basis, we're pretty damn good.

I didn't think thought utd bossed the 2nd half,they should have made 2-2.
Once we got the 3rd they weren't in it.
Impressed with number 11,Ismail and the number 5 centre back.

Onomah was different class - he just makes things look so easy, it seems like he has an extra few seconds on the ball. Azzaoui's finish was quality - he looks like a proper top class prospect. All in all a very good performance. Slightly OT but Stylinanides reminds me of a Ukrainian hitman.

Man Utd vs West Ham.. 1-1 draw, 1 youth product.
Spurs vs. Woolwich.. 2-1 win, 4 youth products.
What even is this? You'd can't possible think that surpasses the youth players that have come from United. Even if it was 20 years ago getting Beckham, Scholes, The Nevilles and Giggs all in one year is unbelievable and they also had 1 youth player at least in their starting XI since 1937 or something. Almost 3700 days. We have a long way to go to be saying we have he best youth academy in England.

and more recently Pogba.

Completely played them off the park tonight.

Check the loans United have out. Clearly not their "best XI". Two years ago they beat us, i think, in the u21 league final as it were?

Granted we had a large amount of loans as well but Michael and Will Keane were probably higher rated than our missing players. They had also just invested in Nick Powell just like we have with Alli.

Our academy is probably not better than Southampton either. Most academy's I believe dont hold excessive amounts of weight on winning titles and cups. More about how the individual progresses. I'm sure you know this SpursLegend SpursLegend

Don't get me wrong, I'm incredibly excited to see just how far we can go with our academy right now. I am 100% behind Poch and I'm one of the few who credit TS with promoting Harry in the first place and Bentaleb but it's still early days to be going around gloating about having the best academy in England. We'll turn into the Dippers.

Suso was supposed to be Gerrard incarnate. Sterling is good but he was plucked right out of QPRs academy.

Check the loans United have out. Clearly not their "best XI". Two years ago they beat us, i think, in the u21 league final as it were?

Granted we had a large amount of loans as well but Michael and Will Keane were probably higher rated than our missing players. They had also just invested in Nick Powell just like we have with Alli.

Our academy is probably not better than Southampton either. Most academy's I believe dont hold excessive amounts of weight on winning titles and cups. More about how the individual progresses. I'm sure you know this SpursLegend SpursLegend

Don't get me wrong, I'm incredibly excited to see just how far we can go with our academy right now. I am 100% behind Poch and I'm one of the few who credit TS with promoting Harry in the first place and Bentaleb but it's still early days to be going around gloating about having the best academy in England. We'll turn into the Dippers.

Suso was supposed to be Gerrard incarnate. Sterling is good but he was plucked right out of QPRs academy.
Michael Keane is 22 (thus Will is too), this was U18s.

For me the outstanding players for us on the night were Amos, Walker-Peters and Azzaoui but plenty of others did well too.
Interesting to see loads of pressing (higher than usual), obviously that's getting passed down.

FYI:
United are 4th in the Northern Group but will go 3rd if they win their games in hand.
We're 3rd in the Southern Group, 13 points behind Chelsea but with two games in hand.

On paper this was well matched, but we blew them away for large parts of the match and could have scored more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom