U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he saw something in anyone, it would have been one of the 3 O's.

Ogilvie (18), Oduwa (19) and Onomah (17) our best players.

Ugo Ehiogu said in his interview on the official that he thought our center back pairing of Ball and Veljkovic were superb. Pochettino is familiar with Veljkovic from the preseason tour and such, wouldn't be surprised to see him get a game at some point. Ugo also highlighted Onomah, Winks, and Oduwa as quality performers.

On a side note, I don't know much about Ugo other than vaguely remembering his playing days at Boro but I have been extremely impressed with his interviews on the official site after u21 games. Seems like a stern and thoughtful guy who sounds like a good coach. Interested to see how he develops in that role.

Ugo Ehiogu said in his interview on the official that he thought our center back pairing of Ball and Veljkovic were superb. Pochettino is familiar with Veljkovic from the preseason tour and such, wouldn't be surprised to see him get a game at some point. Ugo also highlighted Onomah, Winks, and Oduwa as quality performers.

On a side note, I don't know much about Ugo other than vaguely remembering his playing days at Boro but I have been extremely impressed with his interviews on the official site after u21 games. Seems like a stern and thoughtful guy who sounds like a good coach. Interested to see how he develops in that role.
Think I have posted this before but what the hell:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...go-Ehiogu-England-need-DNA-continue-fail.html

Wow, so impressive. Definitely confirms my opinion that he was an extremely thoughtful guy. Love the way he talks about thinks about football and development. Seems to be very in touch with the man management side of dealing with youth footballers. I think most of us were shitheads when we were teenagers and we weren't potential professional footballers, so it is important to have the right type of person to handle the type of issues that come along with that. Basically the feeling I get from all his interviews is that he seems like a smart helpful guy but you would never want to be caught fucking around during one of his training sessions because he might kill you. That is the perfect balance for a coach, IMO.

JDK JDK

The problem with Veljkovic is competition is now very strong for a chance at centreback in the senior side. Let's say Kaboul and Vertonghen are the preferred pairing, leaving Dier, Fazio and Chirches as players for cup games, he'll want a lot of injuries/out of form players to get a chance above those players you'd imagine.

JDK JDK

The problem with Veljkovic is competition is now very strong for a chance at centreback in the senior side. Let's say Kaboul and Vertonghen are the preferred pairing, leaving Dier, Fazio and Chirches as players for cup games, he'll want a lot of injuries/out of form players to get a chance above those players you'd imagine.

True, not looking easy to break into the center of midfield as well. We'll see though, Veljkovic like Mason got starts and looked solid on the American tour. Pochettino has proved if he thinks a player has earned it they will play.

Cameron Carter-Vickers played 61 minutes today for the United States' U23s in a 3-0 loss vs. Brazil. He was very good, easily the most composed defender on the team and looked very good. He was up against stiff-competition as well including Anderson Talisca (the top scorer in the Portuguese league) along with a bunch of other Brazilians with loads of first-team club experience. In fact, when he was subbed off, the whole team's defense went to shit (conceded 2 goals very quickly)... He's outstanding for a soon to be 17 year old.

Cameron Carter-Vickers played 61 minutes today for the United States' U23s in a 3-0 loss vs. Brazil. He was very good, easily the most composed defender on the team and looked very good. He was up against stiff-competition as well including Anderson Talisca (the top scorer in the Portuguese league) along with a bunch of other Brazilians with loads of first-team club experience. In fact, when he was subbed off, the whole team's defense went to shit (conceded 2 goals very quickly)... He's outstanding for a soon to be 17 year old.
I had no idea he was American. Seen him play a few times now and he is one of the most promising talents we have IMO.

I had no idea he was American. Seen him play a few times now and he is one of the most promising talents we have IMO.

I think he was born and raised in England but one of his parents is American so he qualifies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom