TV wars: who is having the better tournament

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

who is having tge better tournament

• itv

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • bbc

Votes: 51 86.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Simple who is ahead think the beeb have lost the opening credits battle plus badly holed by jonathan pearce

I am gonna be contraversial and say I dont mind adrian chiles that much I think ITV are edging it. But the intrusion of adverts will mean the beeb will catch up and pull away.

Rio ferdinand Alan Shearer Phil Neville.... Says it all. Swap Lineker for Chiles and get rid of adverts and ITV would be on to a winner.
Although I've found Seedorf and Henry to be good quality... Shame they got paired with Robbie fucking Savage. Thats like having chips with your champagne and caviar.

demotivation.us_I-choose-Slow-death_132673147952.jpg

Thought BBC are head and shoulders above ITV. Lineker is fantastic, Shearer makes me laugh every time I see him as he looks like a tall baby, Henry and Seedorfs insights are very good. Lawrenson and Juninho who seems absolutely terrified are low points.

Oh and this obviously... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27867939

"The BBC has received 445 complaints from viewers about Phil Neville's BBC One commentary on England's World Cup match against Italy."

Neville was sooooo fucking boring I thought I'd fall asleep, I actually used the red button to change the commentary to I don't know who but it was better than Neville...it was well worth it.

With the Neville problem sorted and the lack of adverts, the beeb wins it for me.

Lineker is brilliant, (while discussing a handball) "Thierry, would you ever handle the ball like that?"
And Shearer's BBC column; "The question I would ask England manager Roy Hodgson - is Wayne a left or right-sided midfielder? And the answer is no.". It's had a few laughs.

Neville was sooooo fucking boring I thought I'd fall asleep, I actually used the red button to change the commentary to I don't know who but it was better than Neville...it was well worth it.

With the Neville problem sorted and the lack of adverts, the beeb wins it for me.

Lineker is brilliant, (while discussing a handball) "Thierry, would you ever handle the ball like that?"
And Shearer's BBC column; "The question I would ask England manager Roy Hodgson - is Wayne a left or right-sided midfielder? And the answer is no.". It's had a few laughs.
I was in a pub so all i could hear were a couple of student birds asking questions like "If this stays a draw does it go to penalties"
I haven't actually heard anything of young neville yet if I'm honest.

I was in a pub so all i could hear were a couple of student birds asking questions like "If this stays a draw does it go to penalties"

He managed to suck the excitement out of the occasion which was pretty good going.

It's his brother who has managed to piss me off more since doing tv work, I was wanting him to dislike him as much as I did during his playing days, but Gary is actually a very interesting commentator and talks a lot of sense...just like his playing days, annoyingly he just knows his stuff.

Really starting to feel like we're being punished. Endless mistakes, ludite Pearce, Lawrenson and Neville who are about as joyful as listening to Radiohead minus anything that resembles talent and now Savage moaning about someone scoring after 31 seconds not singing the national anthem.

Bad enough spending the last 12 years having zero faith in your country and knowing every tournament will be an exercise in which team with any idea of ability will embarrass us first but now the entire tournament needs alternate commentary or to be watched on mute to detract from the bloody commentary. Commentary should accompany the match not feel like a distraction.

Holy fuck all that and I haven't even mentioned the talking scrotum that fronts ITV's coverage. Thought after Motson gave up live coverage that we had something to savour, instead it's going backwards

Plus do away with the bloody arty-farty VT sections they feel the need to elbow in to every pre-game. I'm not looking for a week-old highly stylised documentary with lots of moody slo-mo shots of disappointed England players, I want actual pre-game discussion, insight and analysis. Sure show previous games, form and goals but these pre-prepared VTs are kettle time.

Well done, reminds me of Euro 04 going to pubs ensuring I was stood next to the fittest two birds for when a goal goes in, I know what you are up to, it's on a plate, sad thing is the flawless system relied on England

How in god's fuck are the beeb doing so well in the poll. They ve got neveile, pearce and savage too. Lineker is very smooth but no amount of rose oil can hide that stench

How in god's fuck are the beeb doing so well in the poll. They ve got neveile, pearce and savage too. Lineker is very smooth but no amount of rose oil can hide that stench

The BBC have never cut away to adverts missing key goals in FA Cup semis or World Cup England openers.

BBC could have Mr Blobby as the main pundit they'd still be light years ahead of the laughably amateur ITV.

I honestly cannot say, I only tune in a minute before kick-off, usually find something constructive to do at half-time and then switch over at full-time. However, I fucking hate Clarke Carlisle and nothing that the BBC could throw at me could possibly be any worse than that cunt.

Back
Top Bottom