Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watched him last night. Got his goal and assist, also hit the bar...unlucky to slip on the frozen pitch just as he took the shot.

Easily would've had another goal or two if his teammates weren't so poor - or selfish like them wingers playing alongside him, especially that Driouech...man, does he love watching himself play that Ronaldo wannabe.

Troy was a bit lazy with his press in the first half, though that also seems to be a tactical instruction...his manager seems to want him ready to pounce and attack the space as soon as they get the ball back...but 9 times out of 10 the ball ain't coming. In the second half he was a lot more involved in the defending, pressed better, won the ball back and held it up well.

I wish we'd send him to a better side, be it in Eredivisie or Serie A or here in England. Bet he wishes the same...despite his playing time & decent stats with Excelsior, he's gotta be frustrated by the lack of quality around him and some of his teammates playing for themselves.

Watched him last night. Got his goal and assist, also hit the bar...unlucky to slip on the frozen pitch just as he took the shot.

Easily would've had another goal or two if his teammates weren't so poor - or selfish like them wingers playing alongside him, especially that Driouech...man, does he love watching himself play that Ronaldo wannabe.

Troy was a bit lazy with his press in the first half, though that also seems to be a tactical instruction...his manager seems to want him ready to pounce and attack the space as soon as they get the ball back...but 9 times out of 10 the ball ain't coming. In the second half he was a lot more involved in the defending, pressed better, won the ball back and held it up well.

I wish we'd send him to a better side, be it in Eredivisie or Serie A or here in England. Bet he wishes the same...despite his playing time & decent stats with Excelsior, he's gotta be frustrated by the lack of quality around him and some of his teammates playing for themselves.

Yeah i think we focus too much on loaning our young players in the “best side” for their development. Everyone thought Scarlett in the perfect scenario and he never played. Everyone was worried about Devine on a bad negative football side. He went there and instead of playing down to the squad’s level he literally raised the level of the entire squad. Now he’s playing a higher level mid season.

The quality always rises to the top.

Parrott is expected to remain in Rotterdam for the remainder of the season and then a decision will be made this coming summer over what comes next. He has a contract with Spurs until 2025 and there is understood to be an option within it for the club to extend that by another year.

The young striker wants to catch Postecoglou's attention after injury robbed him of the chance last summer. If he still cannot then the fact that he has a European passport as an Irishman will make him a wanted man on the continent

The striker though wants to repay the faith Tottenham put in him when they brought him over from Ireland as a child. Ultimately, whatever decision is made, at just 21 years old and his career on an upward trajectory as all that potential is starting to be realised, the future looks bright for Troy Parrott.

Yeah i think we focus too much on loaning our young players in the “best side” for their development. Everyone thought Scarlett in the perfect scenario and he never played. Everyone was worried about Devine on a bad negative football side. He went there and instead of playing down to the squad’s level he literally raised the level of the entire squad. Now he’s playing a higher level mid season.

The quality always rises to the top.
You put Troy at Twente, AZ or even Sparta, he'd have hit double figures already. I've watched Excelsior a few times this season and man they are bad. It's actually credit to the lad to have scored and assisted that many considering who he's playing with.

You put Troy at Twente, AZ or even Sparta, he'd have hit double figures already. I've watched Excelsior a few times this season and man they are bad. It's actually credit to the lad to have scored and assisted that many considering who he's playing with.

Good to hear. Prefer it that way. It won’t be easy for some of these young players to get into our side. Put them in a situation where they have to prove it.

I think the purpose of the loan is to see if he has what it takes to score and assist regularly in what is actually a mid table (not bottom) team - and if he does then its clear his goals/assists are a lot to do with him.

And he's playing against the better teams whether AZ, PSV, Feyenoord, Sparta, with better defenders so he's got to show he's better.

If he went to a top team in the division, playing with better players he's less likely to stand out at a player ..... at Excelsior (currently 9th in table with 20 points, 5 points behind Sparta and only 8 points behind Ajax) his contribution is more likely to be overlooked.

And if he doesn't make it at Spurs, a few Dutch teams will know of him which may be no bad thing

Good to hear. Prefer it that way. It won’t be easy for some of these young players to get into our side. Put them in a situation where they have to prove it.
I agree. Force them to become the big fish in a small pond while trying to hit the level right where they can be.

Like Devine. He quickly became a big fish at Port Vale, perhaps too easy, so they moved him up a level and with the confidence gained from the first venture maybe he can fight to be a big fish again.

The worst is when they barely play, or is an attacking player who sees the ball twice a game.

It all depends on what Troy wants to do.
I think he is a smart player. A lot of his goals are Kane-esque.
Loads of other players would have missed that goal he scored yesterday.

Spurs for their part are keeping an equally close eye on his development. The club's head of football strategy Andy Scoulding has travelled to the Netherlands to watch Parrott in action five times this season and was in the stands on Friday night to witness the Irishman's latest exciting display and report back to Postecoglou.

9th top scorer. Joint with Bergwijn.

Worth saying he's top scorer at Excelsior.

And all of the 8 players who have scored more in the Dutch league (except the player at Zwolle) play for 'bigger' better known clubs.

So he's probably doing as well as could be expected : could always be scoring more but at the club where he is, goals will always be hard to come by.

Back
Top Bottom