Transition Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wow, someone's firmly on the poch train.

Indeed, but also an aspiring sports journalist. Needs to work much harder on his English is he has aspirations of journalism, mind. I think I'm yet to read a blog with a decent level of grammar and punctuation, seems to be quite common.

I really don't know what to make of Pochettino, but the Southampton fans don't seem to have been quite so keen on him - smacks of double standards a little, what with us lot normally having to explain why we wanted to see the back of Tim to our rival fans.

I'll back whoever comes in, but have a feeling we're going to get short-changed.

Mate, half the people under 25 who write football blog posts are "aspiring sports journalists". :harrylol:

I guess so.

I hate writing, not even keen on reading any sort of literature, but ironically I seem to know how to use a semi-colon; I also have a good grasp of grammar and spelling.

(see what I did there?)

I guess so.

I hate writing, not even keen on reading any sort of literature, but ironically I seem to know how to use a semi-colon; I also have a good grasp of grammar and spelling.

(see what I did there?)
Missed a comma after 'ironically', and put a hyphen in semicolon. 1-1 AET.

Missed a comma after 'ironically', and put a hyphen in semicolon. 1-1 AET.

'Semi-Colon' is more accepted in advanced English, due to the nature of the word; it distinguishes a gradation of comma.

I also believe the conjunction before 'ironically' allows an acceptable omission of the trailing comma, as there is no long a pause required.

neutral-feel-like-a-sir-clean.jpg

:adegrin2::adegrin2:

'Semi-Colon' is more accepted in advanced English, due to the nature of the word; it distinguishes a gradation of comma.

I also believe the conjunction before 'ironically' allows an acceptable omission of the trailing comma, as there is no long a pause required.

neutral-feel-like-a-sir-clean.jpg

:adegrin2::adegrin2:
I grant you your 'acceptable omission', anything that can save time in the modern world is a wonderful thing. Are you sure that you can speak Latin?
:adethumbup:

Last edited:
Indeed, but also an aspiring sports journalist. Needs to work much harder on his English is he has aspirations of journalism, mind. I think I'm yet to read a blog with a decent level of grammar and punctuation, seems to be quite common.

I really don't know what to make of Pochettino, but the Southampton fans don't seem to have been quite so keen on him - smacks of double standards a little, what with us lot normally having to explain why we wanted to see the back of Tim to our rival fans.

I'll back whoever comes in, but have a feeling we're going to get short-changed.
tumblr_ltt11zlKsG1qkwc1u.gif

I'm not trying to be a journo or make money from spelling, so :p

Every now and again I post things on here, then come back and find I've either completely missed a word out, or used the wrong one. Must be getting old...
He's only 17, nowt wrong with having big dreams.

Back
Top Bottom