Tottenham's 17/18 Champions league campaign

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Madrid ticket info

The away section is in the top two tiers of the corner of the Fondo Norte, blocks 531/533/631/633 on the plan below (near the "D").

Otherwise, you’ll have to go in with the locals. There are no “neutral” areas as such but you won’t have any problems. In 2011 I was among ST holders and spent most of the match hurling alcohol-fueled abuse at Madrid, specifically at Ronaldo and Adebayor and often in Spanish, and people took it really well, took the piss back, it was all a laugh, handshakes all round at the end. Might have been different if we’d looked like getting a result I suppose, but away fans will be fine.

Avoid the 1st tier of the Fondo Sur and Fondo Norte. These are normally all ST but as these games aren’t included there will still be the odd ticket available. The right-wing Ultra Surs hoolie group were disbanded a few years back, a “singing block” was established elsewhere but it’s been moved back to behind the goal this season. So avoid that area especially, and the tier immediately above. If you want to be further careful, don’t drink in the bars on the south side of the ground, but seriously, it’s pretty low key, you’d have to go out of your way to find trouble.

In 2011 there were pockets of Spurs all over the ground, the Madrid lads around me were amazed, said we were the best away support they’d ever seen.

So anyway, capacity is 82,000, group games never sell out. Just checked attendance for the 2014 Madrid-Liverpool group stage game and it was 79,000, bear in mind they have a much bigger profile here than we do.

More to follow...

product_1545.jpg

Madrid ticket info Part 2

So if you’re buying tickets outside our section, the easiest way is through the Madrid website. It’s in English and easy enough to negotiate.

Real Madrid Tickets at Bernabéu | Official Real Madrid Website

You have to pick up your tickets before the game from a row of cashpoint-like machines, make sure you have the credit card that you used to buy the cards with. These machines are in a hall next to the big Adidas store roughly where you see Block 705 above between letters A & D (at street level though, obviously). The system works very efficiently but to avoid the crowds, make a separate trip to the ground at lunchtime or whenever, it’s easy enough to get to.

The biggest problem is that like other Spanish clubs, Madrid don’t put tickets on sale till late compared to England, two weeks before is usual. Before this, some “VIP” tickets will be made available, but these will be about 4 times the normal price. The seat is the same as a normal one but there is a special area for you where you get complementary drinks and tapas (very nice apparently), but even so, it’s a rip off. Hold out until general sale, you won’t have any problem.

If you want to make extra sure, and be able to buy tickets a day or two before general sale, become a “Madridista” (see the tab on the right in the link above). The “basic” package is enough and only costs €30. I did this in 2011 and split the cost with my mate. We had a great pick of seats, pretty much anywhere we wanted. Think of it as a booking fee.

By the way, this is the view from the away section...

getting-close-to-kickoff.jpg

Goes without saying that any wonderful ST holders with a lot of points that aren't going to Madrid...if you'd like to apply and help a fellow yid out I'll happily buy you plenty of beers...
:adegrin:

Madrid ticket info Part 2

So if you’re buying tickets outside our section, the easiest way is through the Madrid website. It’s in English and easy enough to negotiate.

Real Madrid Tickets at Bernabéu | Official Real Madrid Website

You have to pick up your tickets before the game from a row of cashpoint-like machines, make sure you have the credit card that you used to buy the cards with. These machines are in a hall next to the big Adidas store roughly where you see Block 705 above between letters A & D (at street level though, obviously). The system works very efficiently but to avoid the crowds, make a separate trip to the ground at lunchtime or whenever, it’s easy enough to get to.

The biggest problem is that like other Spanish clubs, Madrid don’t put tickets on sale till late compared to England, two weeks before is usual. Before this, some “VIP” tickets will be made available, but these will be about 4 times the normal price. The seat is the same as a normal one but there is a special area for you where you get complementary drinks and tapas (very nice apparently), but even so, it’s a rip off. Hold out until general sale, you won’t have any problem.

If you want to make extra sure, and be able to buy tickets a day or two before general sale, become a “Madridista” (see the tab on the right in the link above). The “basic” package is enough and only costs €30. I did this in 2011 and split the cost with my mate. We had a great pick of seats, pretty much anywhere we wanted. Think of it as a booking fee.

By the way, this is the view from the away section...

getting-close-to-kickoff.jpg
Can't stand the club but been to Bernabéu many times and got to say it's a great stadium. Above the middle tiers when you first walk out feels like you're going to fall onto the pitch, weird sensation.

Went when we last played them, one of the best European away days I've had.

Fuck's sake - I'm trying to buy my ticket for the RM game - stick it the basket, tick the box that says my seat will be moved for the CL games, click 'Checkout' and it spits out an 'there is an error on this page' message.

Capture.png

Anyone else getting that?

Fuck's sake - I'm trying to buy my ticket for the RM game - stick it the basket, tick the box that says my seat will be moved for the CL games, click 'Checkout' and it spits out an 'there is an error on this page' message.

Don't think you can buy tickets individually yet - the system listed them individually but thats for the package deal. So you need all 3 to complete purchase at this stage (you'll see the pricing is £31, £31 and £33 = £95 (example from my tier)

If you just want to buy your seat for Real Madrid only you'll need to wait until they sell individually. It will be Cat A pricing, minimum, I would expect £55 +.

Capture.png

Might be that big red splodge causing the problems! :dembelelol:

Seriously though, must be annoying :dierpochhug:

Don't think you can buy tickets individually yet - the system listed them individually but thats for the package deal. So you need all 3 to complete purchase at this stage (you'll see the pricing is £31, £31 and £33 = £95 (example from my tier)

If you just want to buy your seat for Real Madrid only you'll need to wait until they sell individually. It will be Cat A pricing, minimum, I would expect £55 +.
Ah right, I see, thanks - am I right in thinking though they'll hold my seat until that point? i.e. I'll still be able to buy it when they sell individually, and someone else won't have bought it between now and then?

Ah right, I see, thanks - am I right in thinking though they'll hold my seat until that point? i.e. I'll still be able to buy it when they sell individually, and someone else won't have bought it between now and then?
Yep you'll get a purchase window for your seat in due course. It won't be on sale until then.

I just brought the cheap package (£75) as this is all they had left, wanted to get the £95 yesterday but was waiting on a mate

- I am not a member this year (family reasons) but it let me get them and didn't charge me any fees on top of the £75. Think they have messed up somewhere but not complaining.

Is it really that inconceivable to better Dortmund? The bookmakers have us as slight favorites over them to advance.
I never said it's inconceivable, but I don't fancy our chances anywhere near everyone else here apparently does. But I'm obviously a gooner troll, so what do I know.

I never said it's inconceivable, but I don't fancy our chances anywhere near everyone else here apparently does. But I'm obviously a gooner troll, so what do I know.
I god damn love it. Most of us aren't blind man. This is the Group of Death and we're facing an uphill battle here.

But playing in the Champion's League means glory nights against the biggest teams in the world. Glory doesn't mean begging for the easiest draw.

I god damn love it. Most of us aren't blind man. This is the Group of Death and we're facing an uphill battle here.

But playing in the Champion's League means glory nights against the biggest teams in the world. Glory doesn't mean begging for the easiest draw.
I am really disappointed in the draw, if we could of got out of the group you get the opportunity to play a big team like Madrid and now we have no chance!!

Back
Top Bottom