Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Flav

The Fighting Cock
Rrgardless of tonight you were Tottenham fans. The reason why any of you fell in love with the club wasn't because Chelsea were playing Bayern Munich tonight. You loved Spurs well before we got done 5-2 at the scum. You loved spurs before Peter Crouch headed that goal at Eastlands. You were there when Poyet and Sherwood were our midfield. Some of you saw Dozzell and Edinburgh and Austin. Fuck some of you saw Kevin Scott.

I'm 25 years in and I still love the misery!

:baletroll:

My first year as a fan we finished 10th. It then took a further 9 seasons and five managerial changes for us to finish above 9th place. That's why it makes my laugh to see some of the newer fans (or those with short memories) complaining about the fact that we "should've finished third" and our season was "not good enough". Sure, the season has been gutting to say the least, but we have certainly come a long way over the past decade. Hell, we've finished in the top in five of the past seven seasons (with the exceptions being further managerial change years). If that's not decent progress then I don't know what it. Other clubs should be afraid of us.

It's not just about being Tottenham in our blood anymore. I reckon our time is finally coming. We just have to be patient and accept that set backs are part of the journey. Overall we are heading in the right direction.

I wish I could share your optimism, SS, but I can see us slipping back to that 5th-8th territory we used to live in. It's the realization that it's a money game these days and we just aren't equipped to compete in that arena. I'm not advocating that we sell our souls like City or go off on a risky, unsustainable buying binge, but I'm keeping my expectations low and hoping we can push for those CL places now and then.

docomospur said:
I wish I could share your optimism, SS, but I can see us slipping back to that 5th-8th territory we used to live in. It's the realization that it's a money game these days and we just aren't equipped to compete in that arena. I'm not advocating that we sell our souls like City or go off on a risky, unsustainable buying binge, but I'm keeping my expectations low and hoping we can push for those CL places now and then.
The same was said last year when we finished 5th and, but for a fluke Final, we were back in CL contention this year.

When Ramos sent us tumbling everyone was convinced we had no chance to return to finishing in the top six, but we did.

I think there is a long term plan and Levy does not want to leave before he has his legacy. Its a shame, in a way, that there isn't an additional investor for the club, one who has uber millions, but that would keep Levy in place as the chairman. In other words, allowing us to compete financially, but with Levy's business accumen and game plan. But since that's not going to happen I reckon the key is to strive to have us finishing in the top six each year, ideally the top four, until we get our new stadium built. We will then be able to compete financially with Liverpool and Woolwich, and maybe even United.

I think our day is coming. We just have to be patient, even if it takes another ten years.

Boys lets be realistic this time next year, Ryan Nelsen (who somehow stays at WHL) lifts the Europa League. Newly appointed captain Sandro will have hoisted the Premier League trophy, Tom Huddlestone will be in team of the year. We Beat Burnley in the Carling cup final 3-2. And we are going to win the FA cup against Woolwich, with BAE scoring a volley of the season to make it 2-1 after Vedran Corluka made it 1-0 then 1-1.

And it will be Hi-Ho Tottenham Hotspur

COYS!!!!!!!

Freudlyuchenko said:
Boys lets be realistic this time next year, Ryan Nelsen (who somehow stays at WHL) lifts the Europa League. Newly appointed captain Sandro will have hoisted the Premier League trophy, Tom Huddlestone will be in team of the year. We Beat Burnley in the Carling cup final 3-2. And we are going to win the FA cup against Woolwich, with BAE scoring a volley of the season to make it 2-1 after Vedran Corluka made it 1-0 then 1-1.

And it will be Hi-Ho Tottenham Hotspur

COYS!!!!!!!

Not with Redknapp in charge!

Would love to have a proper go at the Europa League though.

I feel like I have been dumped, beaten up and pissed on but I have also never wanted retribution so much. I can't wait for next season to start so we can actually do something about this instead of talking. I'll take Sandro over Dozzell and Kaboul over Calderwood every day of the week.

COYS

I'm numb too but it doesn't hurt like lasagne.

We fucked it but in the grand scheme of things it's tiny.

We're still just grains of sand on a beachball spinning in an endless universe. We need to remember the spiritual balance of all things.

Fucking Chelsea cunts. Fucking Redknapp cunt against Villa. Why settle for a draw you stupid gutless baconmooey cunt?

And I had to pay £50 to a goon. And I can't change my avatar until work on Monday. Cunts.

I started supporting when we finished 11th, I don't give a fuck to be honest. Still follow the Yids even if we was in League 2.

My first game in the terraces (can't remember which side it was, think it was shelf) and we were 3 up against Everton at half time. Drew 3 all at FT and this is the team for me...I support spurs because I am a fan of football first, not winning.

Reptile_16 said:
S.L.R said:
Would love to have a proper go at the Europa League though.

Quite unlikely that we will, probably do the same as this year, not get out of the groups...

If it means the same rollercoaster ride but with another top 4 finish and without the same fucking shambles at the end then i'm all in.

Back
Top Bottom