Tottenham Vs Fulham - Scott Parker returns

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And cost us how many millions and loss of profile etc etc. I probably would not be so angry about tonight if it had not been for 2005 ! Weird I know but I still feel the anger
I also look back on that game from how much it would have cost Woolwich, not qualifying for champs league with new stadium costs coming. This, and the role of Scudamore, Dein's close friend who he was having lunch with on the day (last game at Highbury). He was probably alerted to the illness news by 11am, announcing on sky sports news that it couldn't be postponed, he couldn't get there in time and without having any medical evidence, accused Spurs of exaggerating.

I don't go down conspiracy routes as a rule but do think there's different narratives and agendas that apply to different clubs by both media and administrators (e.g. if we had won Champions League and finished 5th, would UEFA had changed their rules to allow us to compete the next season and defend our trophy, as they did for 'European royalty', Liverpool? Would Sepp Blatter had really openly laughed at a request to replay a game after Henry's double handball against Ireland, if it had been Brazil asking?)

so, as the article below points out, what would have been the decision from Scudamore if the role's had been reversed?

Scudamore: The Lasagne Legacy. Richard Scudamore will step down from… | by Ags Connolly | Medium

towards the end of the article it lists the precedents: a match in Spain that year that FIFA allowed to happen after the season deadline; that West Ham agreed to the postponement as long as it happened after the FA Cup Final, and that they have subsequently allowed postponements at the end of a season e.g. United v Bournemouth bomb scare.

I think the relationship with Woolwich and Scudamore, plus how unimportant we were viewed as, were the deciding factors here.
On a different note, however, with all the money involved, to think that corruption doesn't exist is naïve.
If Grobelaar was investigated for Southampton vs us in the 6-2 , then why not Martin Fulop in last game of the season for West Brom vs Woolwich, when again we lost out. I don't like speaking ill of the dead. Woolwich fans called him a hero when he passed, for his 'goalkeeping' in this match. Has to be seen to be believed. Woolwich VS WEST BROM 3-2 13/05/2012 - YouTube

Parking the bus on bricks and postponing a game of football. Same thing really innit.
Yes. Our season in a nutshell.

car fail GIF

One of the issues here is that this probably isn’t going to be the last COVID flare up in the PL.

The PL needed to either go the route that the NBA did — only schedule half a season and leave a bunch of flexibility for this in the second half — or what the NFL did — I don’t care how many cases you have, those people can’t play but the match is still happening, play a youth squad if needed.

Instead it’s half assing this. No room for reschedules AND they are postponing for what doesn’t quite look like an insurmountable amount of positives.

Scudamore responded with claims that he could not have reached the hotel before 2pm, that he believed Spurs had exaggerated the number of sick players and that the club could have called up any number of 52 eligible reserve and youth players if they so wished

It was even worse, Scudamore was at Highbury at the invitation of his good friend David Dein when making these decisions-cunt.

City getting their way yet again has set a precedent and now the season is absolutely fucked

Ironic that city are the team with 50 million pound players in their reserves as well

‘oh we can’t play Bernardo Silva as he has covid so we’ll have to cancel rather than play 50 million pound ferran torres instead’

wankers
I thought Newcastle were one of the first to get a game postponed?

City getting their way yet again has set a precedent and now the season is absolutely fucked

Ironic that city are the team with 50 million pound players in their reserves as well

‘oh we can’t play Bernardo Silva as he has covid so we’ll have to cancel rather than play 50 million pound ferran torres instead’

wankers

Good news a few days later the squad have no further cases!

So basically if we get injuries to Son and Kane and a few others , a bit like last season we just need to fake a few covid tests and get the games rearranged for when they are fit ?

Time to call the season off, it’s pathetic.
People being told they can only meet one person outside their household yet two entire squads, officials and the rest of it can mingle and spread Covid around like “whatever!”

Sun17/01/202114:00Sheffield UnitedA
Sat23/01/2021FA CUP 4th Round
Thu28/01/202120:00LiverpoolH

I suppose there is a gap midweek after the Sheff U game?

Back
Top Bottom