Tottenham vs City - EFL Cup Final - Ref Fucks Up

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why dont you read what I said first. I said we were shite theres no disputing that. My point is city have been tactical fouling for years and getting away with it for too long. Ask yourself this would the ref had sent off a spurs player for doing the same thing. Dam sure he would. Oh and Mr Tierny (Ref) is from Wigan a stones throw from Manchester 25.8 miles away.
City don't "get away with it". They get penalised for every tackle that's spotted. The laws of the game are applied. And were applied within the spirit of that game too, La Porte wasn't given a yellow (should have), but neither were Lo Celso or Reggie!! That's usually applauded for trying to keep the game flowing.

It would seem you have a problem with the laws of the game. What should a ref do when there's a tactical foul?

Leave me out of your conspiracy theories, that's just embarrassing.

I'm not saying its not clever. It's clearly incredibly effective.

I'm saying that they're stopping other teams playing by committing intentional fouls. By definition, a foul is a foul because its not allowed in the rules of football - therefore any gameplan that involves intentional fouling is anti-football.
And therefore ‘cheating’

And another devastating disappointment at the end but fuck the fans and how do you know it was 100% of all Spurs fans having a vested interest?

It’s not even 100% of posters on here!!

All we can agree on is Levy is a cunt and has fucked up big time since Poch arrived!
I cannot believe that I find myself agreeing with most your posts that I have read today after all we disagreed about Poch and Mourinho in the Mourinho thread.

City don't "get away with it". They get penalised for every tackle that's spotted. The laws of the game are applied. And were applied within the spirit of that game too, La Porte wasn't given a yellow (should have), but neither were Lo Celso or Reggie!! That's usually applauded for trying to keep the game flowing.

It would seem you have a problem with the laws of the game. What should a ref do when there's a tactical foul?

Firstly you say “City don’t get away with it “!

Then you say “La Porte wasn’t given a yellow but should have’

So City got away with it then?????

Yes.

But I'm not supposing or guessing an outcome on what didn't happen.

He wasn't booked (he should have been). He, therefore, wasn't on a yellow so he, therefore, he could make, and did, a yellow carded tackle to break up play. This is what happened.

To imagine something different from this happening is utterly pointless. To assume that had he got a yellow that he would have got a 2nd is utterly pointless, it would have probably been another player that made the tackle, why because they know exactly what they are doing, they are trained to do this, it is a pattern of their game, it's is part of their gameplay, they are prepared to do just this. It means they aren't out of control, they are in total control of what they are doing.
I didn't assume he would get a 2nd yellow. You made the assumption he wouldn't and I merely pointed out that had the referee done the job properly, the outcome MAY have been different.
and, like I said, once you've been booked, sure you're gonna be careful but doesn't mean you won't be booked a 2nd time (like you said).

I cannot believe that I find myself agreeing with most your posts that I have read today after all we disagreed about Poch and Mourinho in the Mourinho thread.
That’s the beauty of a Forum though surely!

The thing is moving on from what happened to Poch and Jose and the crisis we’re facing now and in the close season is far more worrying!

Levy is solely interested in making money and he couldn’t give a shit about the Club

Joe ‘the Alligator’Lewis is 84 and just not interested in football
He’s called ‘the alligator’ because he spends a long time inactive but suddenly springs to life in a flurry of activity!

He owns 70.6% of ENIC formerly the English National Investment Company

Levy and his family are beneficiaries of a trust fund that owns the other 29.4%

ENIC owns 85.6% of the Club
The other 14.4% are owned by private investors who refused to sell up in 2012 when Lewis delisted it from AIM to try and raise funds for the stadium rebuild

The club is currently running a £604.6 million net debt which includes building the stadium and receiving emergency funding from the Bank of England of £175 million
This £175 million was due to be repaid last month but has been extended until next March!

So what happens if Lewis dies?
Sell up?

In 2014 an American group including the LA Dodgers co owner Todd Boehly made an approach valuing the club at £500 million and we have since left attracted interest from Saudi and Qatar
Nothing happened and it isn’t known who made the decision not to sell

Lewis and Levy are close at the moment but this can’t last!

Worrying times indeed!!!

Those facts I regurgitated I read in an article yesterday by Oliver Shah in the Business Times

We’re not the only club in the shit btw

Calm down. Who are you Peps agent!!!
They do get away with it. Fernandinho is the biggest culprit and how many times does he get booked. Point is its cheating.

He was penalised and we were awarded a foul.
But he ‘got away’ with not receiving a yellow which would have restricted him for the rest of the game and is the whole point of this debate

Whenever PEH gets a yellow he becomes anonymous

I didn't assume he would get a 2nd yellow. You made the assumption he wouldn't and I merely pointed out that had the referee done the job properly, the outcome MAY have been different.
and, like I said, once you've been booked, sure you're gonna be careful but doesn't mean you won't be booked a 2nd time (like you said).
Mate, we are splitting hairs on the use of English, or what I specifically didn't say, aren't we? Sure I should have said "maybe" but I'm trying to draw the distinction that when he got a yellow, he played and didn't commit another yellow card offence.

Even those bleating on and on about it are saying that City always play like this, ergo it's planed, it's part of how they play, it's a defining aspect of their game, they know what they are doing and are in complete control. As opposed to these being desperate last man challenges.

It's simply a nonsense to even bring this what-if moment up, in a game we were totally outplayed in. It makes no difference to the result. He wasn't booked, our players weren't booked.

...Son was so poor - contrast with Sterling constantly beating Aurier to get into dangerous positions, while Son's "move" was to get to the edge of the 18 and pass backwards or hand the ball over to the nearest City player...
COYS

But he ‘got away’ with not receiving a yellow which would have restricted him for the rest of the game and is the whole point of this debate

Whenever PEH gets a yellow he becomes anonymous
You said they weren't penalised. They were, they conceded a foul.

I know what it meant Baz, he wasn't booked through. Just as Lo Celso wasn't booked (twice) and Reggie (twice).

You haven't said a word about our boys not getting yellowed, and how they could continue to tackle and foul City without having to worry about picking up a 2nd yellow. Ref's bent though right?

...Son was so poor - contrast with Sterling constantly beating Aurier to get into dangerous positions, while Son's "move" was to get to the edge of the 18 and pass backwards or hand the ball over to the nearest City player...
COYS
And never once attempted seriously to take on a City player

I don’t know if it’s the contract talks are affecting him but he’s been very poor since Xmas

COYS
Son was attacking a world class full backs in Kyle Walker.
Sterling wasn't.

You said they weren't penalised. They were, they conceded a foul.

I know what it meant Baz, he wasn't booked through. Just as Lo Celso wasn't booked (twice) and Reggie (twice).

You haven't said a word about our boys not getting yellowed, and how they could continue to tackle and foul City without having to worry about picking up a 2nd yellow. Ref's bent though right?
We’re not discussing our boys

I didn’t say they weren’t penalised but they weren’t penalised properly by receiving a yellow for the first foul
Why do you twist people’s words?

We’re discussing City cheating and getting away with it and it’s not just me saying it

Well you haven’t called me a weirdo yet so I should be grateful

But as you love the way City play so much and you clearly idolise Pip I suggest you head over to Blue Moon and support them in future instead of making stupid remarks about me playing dominoes

We’re not discussing our boys

I didn’t say they weren’t penalised but they weren’t penalised properly by receiving a yellow for the first foul
Why do you twist people’s words?

We’re discussing City cheating and getting away with it and it’s not just me saying it

Well you haven’t called me a weirdo yet so I should be grateful

But as you love the way City play so much and you clearly idolise Pip I suggest you head over to Blue Moon and support them in future instead of making stupid remarks about me playing dominoes
Get some rest fella.

Back
Top Bottom