Tottenham v Pacos de Ferreira (1945 GMT) UCL 2nd Leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

VICTORY!

mKDFbw1.jpg

ATTENTION ALL MATCHDAY STEWARDS:

Take a good look at this, because it's the last time you're going to see it...

SBAM9jL.jpg

...and I don't need any Americans telling me I've sliced it the wrong way.

Last edited:
First English club to score in the Conference League.
First English club to win in the Conference League.
First English club to make the group stage of the Conference League.

Making history in Europe again.

Absolute pleasure watching romero tonight. Ok a medoicre opposition but he gave a clinic tonight how to play. Another clean sheet. Have to praise dier as well. Hes been exemplary. Going on sunday for first time in 2 years. Hopefully top of the league by sunday.

Even if we won it, other clubs would dismiss it as the Mickey Mouse European trophy. Even our two "recent" league cups are dismissed as real trophies.

I saw some of us knocking Leicester claiming the Community shield as a trophy. We would 100% claim that if we'd won it.

Some fans just think unless it's the League or FA cup, of the other two European cups then they aren't proper
Those are the attitudes we need to challenge and confront. We won't change them overnight but if we win the Conference League, it lends the Tottenham Hotspur name to the competition and adds credibility. "Tottenham Hotspur won this" sounds a lot better than "Tottenham fielded a weak team and got beaten by some team we can't remember".

And, if we win other teams will win after us and increase the competition's profile. We have the opportunity to be the trailblazer again. We were the first British club to win a European competition in 1963 and we can play an important role in establishing a new one.

Am going with the boy, his first time at the lane!*

And mine since they redid it. South stand upper, area 322. Looking forward to it!

*Have also booked him the stadium tour for next Thursday which is his 9th birthday.

Back
Top Bottom