Tottenham v Barnsley in the whatever it's called cup!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Edwards will never play for our first team Im starting to feel
Not too bothered - he's been overhyped massively by YouTube 'scouts' like Totti - and shown very little product tbf. I'd trust Poch on this one over some fanboi wankers on a football forum

Last edited:
The writing was on the wall as soon as he got tagged Mini Messi.

See also: Balkan Beckenbauer, Baby Drogba, New Lampard et al
Hasn't Poch himself said that he regrets penning the "Mini Messi" moniker for this very reason? I seem to remember a interview where he said that.

Poch saying he needs to improve physically????

I guess it depends on how it's read.

He said physical condition which doesn't necessarily mean stature. It could mean as Guido says, fitness, ability to press etc.

The only gripe I have with it is that Edwards has always been highly rated, so you'd think he'd have got the right coaching to be able to strengthen, build up and get his fitness in check. If that is the reason itself.

Is he still training with the first team?

Wembley isn't the problem, it's how the opposition is setting up. Swansea were a prime example of that.
True to some extent, but how many times did we face that same defence at WHL last season? I think all the home advantages of WHL (noisier crowd, closer to pitch, players feeling more at home, knowledge of sight lines and whatever else forms home advantage) were important in getting that first goal which forces the opposition to change tactics. Statistically, teams struggle when they change grounds, or play at a temporary different stadium, so it would be weird if we were not affected by that at all.

True to some extent, but how many times did we face that same defence at WHL last season? I think all the home advantages of WHL (noisier crowd, closer to pitch, players feeling more at home, knowledge of sight lines and whatever else forms home advantage) were important in getting that first goal which forces the opposition to change tactics. Statistically, teams struggle when they change grounds, or play at a temporary different stadium, so it would be weird if we were not affected by that at all.

Agree.....forget the "curse".

Wembley is a problem because the oppo are setting up their in ways we are struggling to break down, and its a neutral ground that gives the away team as much advantage as us.

The number of our fans matters little when the atmosphere is poor (due to the crap stadium and the club making zero effort to house like minded fans together).

So Hoodoo aside, we still have a problem in that stadium

Untitled.png

This cup isn't important. It's crap. Players won't stay or come because we won a freakin EFL cup. It gives nowhere near the money that CL qualification or advancement does. This is money we need because we don't have infinite budgets like most of our rivals. We need the CL going into next year when our new stadium opens. We would be a HUGE draw for players. No one will want to come here or stay just because we won the crappiest cup. This cup gives you guys as fans bragging rights over your Woolwich buddies, but it doesn't do the future of the club much good. Getting out of the group in the CL is far more important.

If we were offered this trophy or getting to CL round of 16, I'd take CL all day (assuming we don't go on to win Europa).

We are only one game into UCL and already are guaranteed 14.2 million. We would get another 9.5 million if we qualified for the round of 16 (assuming 2 wins and a draw). We'd get a whopping 100,000 from winning the "insert terrible name here" cup.
Are you a supporter of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club or ENIC plc?

That's the Europa League not the EFL Cup. This is a Europa league place.

Whatever I'll take it but it's 6th in importance to me:

1) Champions League title
2) League title
T3) Top 4
T3) FA Cup
5) Europa League title
6) EFL cup
That list makes no sense because the EL gives you CL entry anyway, so surely EL must be third because you get CL + a trophy.

1. League title
2. CL
3. EL
4. FA Cup
5. Top four
6. League cup

IMO but can understand 5. and 6. being the other way around, and there's not much between them for me, I just don't like the thought of losing lots of league games as I think it would create a negative atmosphere around the club, as well as the other advantages top four brings.

Back
Top Bottom