Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bissouma cannot be on the pitch for this. He's been so poor the last 2 months, and the midfield has been so weak.

Hojbjerg would be the better choice. He understands when to sit in, as well as allow Sarr/Bentancur to push forward.

while i totally agree hojbjerg is a better "defender" than bissouma he can't and wont cope with arsenals press. he'll be pressured into mistakes all afternoon. Bissouma is calmer and better in that respect by far. But doesnt track runners well or fill in gaps when CBs have to go wide to cover the missing fullback

so pick your poison i guess

I hope I'm wrong but Woolwich look a very good unit that is tactically flexible. I fear they'll low block be solid and pick us off on the counter. It's going to require the performance of the season to get 3 points this weekend.

Certainly levels above at the same age.
He just oozes class and glides about. Get him on the bench and try get him on at some point between now and the end of the season and see what he’s got. He’s the type that nobody will know about and could get us a goal. Being 16 or 26 is of no interest to me. If he’s showing up well at training get him involved. I look at the two lads at Barca,16/17 and now regulars. I love that.

16 though, he’s a kid. Can’t play PL football that young. Fine training with the team but he shouldn’t be anywhere near men’s football matches. He’ll be finished at the top level by his mid 20s if he does.
Drip feed time into him. Get him involved then take him completely out of it. A wee taste will keep him hungry for more.

He just oozes class and glides about. Get him on the bench and try get him on at some point between now and the end of the season and see what he’s got. He’s the type that nobody will know about and could get us a goal. Being 16 or 26 is of no interest to me. If he’s showing up well at training get him involved. I look at the two lads at Barca,16/17 and now regulars. I love that.

Yeah,, I love Mikey Moore. Pure footballer who plays like he hasn't been coached out of how to be expressive yet. Guess most 16 year old are like that though. Arguably top 2 youth footballer in the country at his age.

Promising that he's training first team (when we haven't got any injuries) and left out of U18s and U23 football.. Because it means Ange sees what we all see.

I don't think he'll be in the squad for Woolwich, but depending on how our season goes, he could definitely be in the squad for Burnley and Sheff Utd.

Yeah,, I love Mikey Moore. Pure footballer who plays like he hasn't been coached out of how to be expressive yet. Guess most 16 year old are like that though. Arguably top 2 youth footballer in the country at his age.

Promising that he's training first team (when we haven't got any injuries) and left out of U18s and U23 football.. Because it means Ange sees what we all see.

I don't think he'll be in the squad for Woolwich, but depending on how our season goes, he could definitely be in the squad for Burnley and Sheff Utd.

Agreed.

Who is Number 1 at that age group?

Saw someone say we shouldn't look leggy.....but that's exactly how teams look when they've not played in about 2 weeks as is the case with us.

Then we play too much and we are tired. It's excuses however we look at it. The ref, bias, cheating this and that.

Time for a performance that suggests something coherent and is full of pride.

A performance that avoids gifts being given and stupid mistakes being made. A game where all our players are on it from 1st to last.

Been so so long.

And it's increased pressure because we have made it more important a game for us than it should have been.

Last edited:
With respect so what?

As I have stated we have bigger issues than the full backs or whatever stupid term they are referred to.

We can't ruffle them as our midfield is neither aggressive or fluid, we dont have an out and out striker, and crucially we lack confidence.
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

16 though, he’s a kid. Can’t play PL football that young. Fine training with the team but he shouldn’t be anywhere near men’s football matches. He’ll be finished at the top level by his mid 20s if he does.
I seem to remember a 16 year old called Rooney having quite a long career.

Back
Top Bottom