Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anthony Taylor will probably be the referee. He is a Woolwich fan and does all their hardest games. He just had a terrible game as said by Jamie Carragher in the Everton-Forest match, not giving 3 clear penalties to Forest. Reason? Nuno Espírito Santo is the manager and was once with Spurs. Taylor hates Tottenham!

Anthony Taylor will probably be the referee. He is a Woolwich fan and does all their hardest games. He just had a terrible game as said by Jamie Carragher in the Everton-Forest match, not giving 3 clear penalties to Forest. Reason? Nuno Espírito Santo is the manager and was once with Spurs. Taylor hates Tottenham!

That doesn't make any sense. Anyone who dislikes Tottenham should fucking love Nuno.

That doesn't make any sense. Anyone who dislikes Tottenham should fucking love Nuno.
TBF it's hard to feel anything for Nuno, he was only in the job 5 minutes and was a strawman tbh, I feel like he was defo hired by Levy knowing he wasn't the right calibre for the job so he could give himself time to work on a better appointment, and in the meantime just pray it works out, similar to when Jol became manager and when Redknapp came in. Hard to hate a guy whose pinnacle was finishing in the top half with Wolves not knowing how to meet and/or exceed expectations of a fanbase who had seen their team play in a champions league final 2 years prior.

I was happy to see Woolwich beat Wolves. When we beat them, it will be the reason they are out of the title race. It will be amazing listening to their complaints and tears.

I see it already. "At least we are in a race" "Trophyless club" etc etc and it's going to be so sweet.

Isnt that the fear going into every NLD?

Possibly in many.

I just think we have been a real let down for the high majority of the last ten games or so, and to have confidence going into this match would be entirely misplaced..

5th, given our squad is still just above par I feel, so in that sense it's still progress, although I would not now be surprised if we ended up 6th. Newcastle are so much better than us..

But no part of the team or Poatecoglou has been really good.

So yes, it's the fear against a really good side but too often how it has been full stop, regardless of who we face.

Last edited:
Possibly in many.

I just think we have been a real let down for the high majority of the last ten games or so, and to have confidence going into this match would be entirely misplaced..

5th, given our squad is still just above par I feel, so in that sense it's still progress, although I would not now be surprised if we ended up 6th. Newcastle are so much better than us..

But no part of the team or Poatecoglou has been really good.

So yes, it's the fear against a really good side but too often how it has been full stop, regardless of who we face.

Similar form to Chelsea and Newcastle last 10.
+2 GD tells you all you need to know about us those 10 games.

Only scored 18 which is a real concern. Less than United!!
Same timeframe. Woolwich 30. Chelsea 26. Need to be on our game defensively.

Definitely facing our hardest run of games this season over the next 6.

I’d probably just roll 3 dice to guess how many points we will get.

Think the result against the chavs will be huge if they drop points a bit of air is out of their baloon ,they win they will be in good spirits. Obviously will be a difficult match really hoping for the best on recent performances.
Chelsea are Woolwich's fluffers so they'll do their usual and lay down for the gooners.

I swear to god if I hear the phrase...

"Tottenham seem surprised by how fast Woolwich have come out of the blocks today"...

Uttered by the commentators, I'm throwing the dog at the TV.

Seems like that's what they've said every game for the last 15 games.

I mean how the fuck can we not know that they're going to be supercharged and run their arses off at us for the first 20 minutes at least.

So often in NLD‘s the team that score first lose but if Woolwich score first that would also be bad. We need to keep it goalless until the 2nd half when we need 2 quick goals. However recent performances and history of losing when Woolwich in title race give me no confidence.

When we beat them 3 nil under Conte the atmosphere was amazing in the stadium. We booed their every touch from kick off and it seemed to help put them off their game. They are lucky at the kick off time, I wish it were an evening game as they seem to always be a bit more fiery. Basically we need to make it as horrible for them as possible on the day, any small percentage to help us win, we need.

When we beat them 3 nil under Conte the atmosphere was amazing in the stadium. We booed their every touch from kick off and it seemed to help put them off their game. They are lucky at the kick off time, I wish it were an evening game as they seem to always be a bit more fiery. Basically we need to make it as horrible for them as possible on the day, any small percentage to help us win, we need.

Yeah, this game never seems right when it's not a game under the lights.

I hope the atmosphere is even as half as good as it was that day. They completely froze.

Everything about us at present is bizarrely off.

Next to no expectation from me.

Sleep Yawn GIF

Back
Top Bottom