Tottenham Hotspur vs Shakhtar Donetsk, Sunday 6th August, 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are winning everything this season so if Kane wants some silverware just sign da ting! Innit!

incomparablyme GIF
I remember when they were filming that scene outside my local sports centre. All my mates were going around acting like Ali G for the entire summer holidays 😂 😂 😂

We have a better stadium than City, We have a better art gallery and food stalls. Our ticket prices are more expensive. We earned only slightly less . Why is our team inferior so inferior?
We just do not have an unlimited funding source!

Man Eating GIF by Socialize

Is it REALLY beyond the capabilities of the people who run the most impressive football stadium in Europe to organise a press conference where you can hear the bloody questions?

It's not us that films and broadcasts them, mate......

We just mic Ange up for the sake of those in the room.......

[Annoys the piss out of me too though.]

We just do not have an unlimited funding source!

Man Eating GIF by Socialize

200 million difference doesn't make City unlimited money spenders, or does it. Face it Levy has bought a lot of Crap.

Best we've played in a long time, every player did well, Romero was excellent as was Emerson, really enjoyed the match, topped with an excellent goal from Scarlett.

Best we've played in a long time, every player did well, Romero was excellent as was Emerson, really enjoyed the match, topped with an excellent goal from Scarlett.
What worried me was that Shakhtar offered virtually nothing going forward but got in behind Spurs, 1v1, on at least 4 occasions with a hopeful ball over the top of our defence.

Davies and Udogie also both gave away chances, through individual error / poor control, that would probably have been punished by Premier League opponents.

We could have conceded two or three goals against a nothing team who were toothless up front.

It took Spurs a while to score the first goal and it was only when we went two goals ahead that we looked comfortable.

I'm not convinced at all.

Without Kane it does not look good in my honest opinion.

It looks like mid table at best without the defenders the team needs.

200 million difference doesn't make City unlimited money spenders, or does it. Face it Levy has bought a lot of Crap.

FFS; literally everything you post is poorly informed and ignorantly interpreted.

You're comparing Net vs Gross, you thicko........

..........And that's before considering their huge wage bill.

They're also up on 115 charges of cheating.

Last edited:
What worried me was that Shakhtar offered virtually nothing going forward but got in behind Spurs, 1v1, on at least 4 occasions with a hopeful ball over the top of our defence.

Davies and Udogie also both gave away chances, through individual error / poor control, that would probably have been punished by Premier League opponents.

We could have conceded two or three goals against a nothing team who were toothless up front.

It took Spurs a while to score the first goal and it was only when we went two goals ahead that we looked comfortable.

I'm not convinced at all.

Without Kane it does not look good in my honest opinion.

It looks like mid table at best without the defenders the team needs.
I think we'll get another CB in this window. I do accept that points you made. We do look much better with this front foot football though. I'd guess that Richarlison would have scored all those Kane goals, none of them were difficult per se.

I think we'll get another CB in this window. I do accept that points you made. We do look much better with this front foot football though. I'd guess that Richarlison would have scored all those Kane goals, none of them were difficult per se.
Would Richarlison have taken up the positions for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th goals?

I'm not sure.

It will be VDV.

Would Richarlison have taken up the positions for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th goals?

I'm not sure.

It will be VDV.
He would've definitely been in position for the 4th one, pouncing on defensive mistakes is one thing he does very well with his engine and workrate.

Back
Top Bottom