Tottenham Hotspur vs Millwall FA CUP

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Millwall cunts having a go at Park. Knew it before KO. Millwall are utter scum.

Let's make a poll. Chelsea or Millwall. Who is most racist out of the two scum clubs?

What I find strange is that they wanted more tickets.
Yet only 7,000 odd Millwall fans turned up at the new den for their last tie v Watford.
9,000 odd and 2,000 odd were Watford.

It's about time we retire this "no noise from the pikey boys" nonsense. No point being angry about Son and then singing that. The underlying message is either that "it doesn't matter cause it's only gypos" (which is in itself incredibly racist) or "it's just banter", well the same could be said for what Millwall sung, it's either racist or it ain't.

I'm not some PC wanker, I used to join in with it but then I realised what a cunt I was being and had a word with myself.

It's about time we retire this "no noise from the pikey boys" nonsense. No point being angry about Son and then singing that. The underlying message is either that "it doesn't matter cause it's only gypos" (which is in itself incredibly racist) or "it's just banter", well the same could be said for what Millwall sung, it's either racist or it ain't.

I'm not some PC wanker, I used to join in with it but then I realised what a cunt I was being and had a word with myself.
Double standards. Plain & simple. As you rightly say, it's racist to call a traveller a "Pikey" & a bit rich to complain about some of the abuse our players/fans get, whilst using similarly offensive chants. I used to know a few travellers & I can honestly say that every single one of them would have flattened any gobby cunt who called them a "pikey".

Millwall cunts having a go at Park. Knew it before KO. Millwall are utter scum.

Let's make a poll. Chelsea or Millwall. Who is most racist out of the two scum clubs?
giphy.gif

No fat people were hurt in the making of this film

Double standards. Plain & simple. As you rightly say, it's racist to call a traveller a "Pikey" & a bit rich to complain about some of the abuse our players/fans get, whilst using similarly offensive chants. I used to know a few travellers & I can honestly say that every single one of them would have flattened any gobby cunt who called them a "pikey".
Do you condone the use of "Yid"? I'm in a minority, but I've spoken vocally on this in the past. I, or rather my parents and grandparents, are/were of a generation when Yid was used against Jewish people a slur, my grandfather including during his working life. Yet I am told the word is repurposed because it is apparently a chant of solidarity (which is total bollocks as only about 10% of fans even thought about it before the Y Word debate) and because some young Jews are generations beyond the time when it wasn offensive word.

So when does the double standard start and end?

Do you condone the use of "Yid"? I'm in a minority, but I've spoken vocally on this in the past. I, or rather my parents and grandparents, are/were of a generation when Yid was used against Jewish people a slur, my grandfather including during his working life. Yet I am told the word is repurposed because it is apparently a chant of solidarity (which is total bollocks as only about 10% of fans even thought about it before the Y Word debate) and because some young Jews are generations beyond the time when it wasn offensive word.

So when does the double standard start and end?
Definitely a fair point though a different debate. Whilst pikey is clearly used in a way that is a racist, the way in which yid is generally used by Spurs fans is much more open to debate. I believe it means different things to different people, both the person singing it and the person hearing it.

You have the whole spectrum of views from people who don't want to sing it because they don't want us to be associated with jews, to people singing it in an act of (possibly misguided?) solidarity, which I think is more than 10% but how can you really know?, those who sing it without much thought, those who like it because it is controversial and then you have jews who love it, jews who don't care much either way, jews that would really want it to stop, plus many other views besides and people who combine different elements of the above.

Definitely a fair point though a different debate. Whilst pikey is clearly used in a way that is a racist, the way in which yid is generally used by Spurs fans is much more open to debate. I believe it means different things to different people, both the person singing it and the person hearing it.

You have the whole spectrum of views from people who don't want to sing it because they don't want us to be associated with jews, to people singing it in an act of (possibly misguided?) solidarity, which I think is more than 10% but how can you really know?, those who sing it without much thought, those who like it because it is controversial and then you have jews who love it, jews who don't care much either way, jews that would really want it to stop, plus many other views besides and people who combine different elements of the above.
Yes indeed. I think the true debate in it all is what is a word? I mean, if a Spurs fan shouts "Pikey" are they really trying to attack a presumed image of their targets as Roma/gypsies? Or is it more about a working class background jibe?

In contrast, the Son chant is clearly based on a racial stereotype.

Bit like when Spam turned up at 9am and attacked an empty pub........that was running north London

If it's the same instance as I'm thinking of then it wasn't empty, there was an 80 year old patron getting his daily pint and had to be rushed upstairs by the bar staff.

The game was also on a Wednesday which meant those sad twats took a day off work to smash up a near empty pub.

Yes indeed. I think the true debate in it all is what is a word? I mean, if a Spurs fan shouts "Pikey" are they really trying to attack a presumed image of their targets as Roma/gypsies? Or is it more about a working class background jibe?

In contrast, the Son chant is clearly based on a racial stereotype.
I think it's a w/c background jibe based on an underlying assumption/belief that being a traveller is a bad thing. Not so much of a direct attack on travellers but still just as racist.

If it's the same instance as I'm thinking of then it wasn't empty, there was an 80 year old patron getting his daily pint and had to be rushed upstairs by the bar staff.

The game was also on a Wednesday which meant those sad twats took a day off work to smash up a near empty pub.

Yep that was the one.....I remember hearing about that old bloke.

I think they were champo then.....probably feared not playing us for anther 10 years, so that was like Millwalls cup final yesterday to them

Agreed. And Winksy, he was brilliant. Ran the game yesterday.

With these lyrics

Winks is a product of the Tottenham Hotspur youth system. During the 2013–14 season, he regularly trained with the first team squad and was named on the senior bench for the first time in a Premier League tie against Liverpool on 30 March 2014, remaining an unused substitute in a 4–0 loss at Anfield.[5] On 27 July 2014, Winks signed his first professional contract with Tottenham.[6] He made his first team debut on 27 November 2014 in the UEFA Europa League group against FK Partizan in a 1–0 home win at White Hart Lane, replacing Paulinho after 87 minutes.[7]

On 6 July 2015, Winks signed a new contract with Tottenham until 2018, with the option of an additional year.[8] He was given the number 29 shirt, which was included on the club's list of first-team numbers.[9] Winks made his first appearance of the season as a late substitute in a 3–1 win against Qarabağ FK.[10]

On 27 August 2016, he made his Premier League debut, replacing Christian Eriksen in the last minute of the game in a 1–1 draw at home to Liverpool.[11]

On 19 November 2016, Winks made his full debut against West Ham United, performing well and scoring his first ever goal for Spurs to level the match at 1–1. Spurs went on to win the match 3–2 in a dramatic finish at White Hart Lane after scoring two late goals.[12] On 8 January 2017, he made his first starting lineup in an FA Cup match in the third round tie against Aston Villa.[13]

It flows so well

Yep that was the one.....I remember hearing about that old bloke.

I think they were champo then.....probably feared not playing us for anther 10 years, so that was like Millwalls cup final yesterday to them

Yeah it was a league cup game from about 2003 when Bobby Zamora got the winner for us.

I got locked inside the Northumberland Arms pre-match by the Police as their 'top boys' were apparently inside the pub who had turned up for an arranged 'meet' but had got the wrong pub.

They're a special bunch

Back
Top Bottom