Tottenham Hotspur vs Barcelona - UCL 3/10

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are really gonna need the luck of the gods tomorrow. Hoping for an overconfident Barca team and a Spurs second string midfield that play out of their skin.

The only option i can see is to sit deep and play on the break. We are limited form a creative point of view apart from Lamela, and will see very little of the ball in the middle of the park - but Son and Moura can offer pace to run in behind.

A midfield of Winks and Dier up against Busquets, Coutinho and Rakitic.

Gulp indeed!

Genuinely unfazed by this midfield - Rakitic is quality, but he's not been too good this season, Coutinho doesn't have the know-how to be elite as a central midfielder (he's better out wide) and Busquest well, whatever about him, man's a passes merchant.

I won't be arrogant and say we'll beat them for sure, but we're more than capable. We beat the European champions last season ffs, we're not mugs.

But MESSI gives me cause for concern - scares the living shit out of me. He makes the whole team tick, he makes them world class. Best player of modern times.

Daydream for a moment and just imagine the headlines "Tottenham Hotspur defeat spanish heavyweights Barcelona" or some vanilla b*llshit like that. Inject it to my veins.

It’s not about the Barca games, not getting a draw against Milan makes it tough for us to get second sadly

I’m Mr Positive but that list of injuries is pretty substantial, will need to all be playing top of our game to get something and Barca to be off colour again

It’s not about the Barca games, not getting a draw against Milan makes it tough for us to get second sadly

On the basis of 6 wins for Barca, as long as we win the other 3 games and avoid conceeding to Inter at home, we're through.... Right?

In which case tomorrow night's result need not be pivotal.

Genuinely unfazed by this midfield - Rakitic is quality, but he's not been too good this season, Coutinho doesn't have the know-how to be elite as a central midfielder (he's better out wide) and Busquest well, whatever about him, man's a passes merchant.

I won't be arrogant and say we'll beat them for sure, but we're more than capable. We beat the European champions last season ffs, we're not mugs.

But MESSI gives me cause for concern - scares the living shit out of me. He makes the whole team tick, he makes them world class. Best player of modern times.

Daydream for a moment and just imagine the headlines "Tottenham Hotspur defeat spanish heavyweights Barcelona" or some vanilla b*llshit like that. Inject it to my veins.

I am confused. Does your Busquets description equate to “he looks good cause he passes a lot”? If so, wow.

Rakitic is in top 5 minutes I believe in the past calendar year. He may be tired, but he is fucking class and has the ability to impact a game with one pass.

I still think we'll qualify from this group.

Inter Milan are still Inter Milan - they may have beat us but I still see them slipping up against PSV - whereas I think we'll beat PSV home and away and destroy Inter Milan at Wembley.

I didn't think we'd ever get anything from both Barca games so a pleasant surprise would be nice.

I am confused. Does your Busquets description equate to “he looks good cause he passes a lot”? If so, wow.

Rakitic is in top 5 minutes I believe in the past calendar year. He may be tired, but he is fucking class and has the ability to impact a game with one pass.

I think that post alone probably proves the underrated nature of Busquets - he's arguably one of the best midfielder of his generation.

I don't think Barca's midfield overall though is better than the one Madrid played against us - I think the big difference is that Barca are a better team in sync with a genuinely frightening attack.

I wouldn't be against us just giving them a kick around to be honest.

So the spine of the team ripped out really.
We are in trouble.

If we are realistic we are probably not getting anything out of the game tomorrow.
We can hope.
It’s also 18 days until we face West Ham.
We have no information on the severity of Hamstring or Abdomen but I’d suspect it likely we will be without Vertonghen, Dele and Eriksen for that fixture too.
Could have the other two back.
A right big month too October,

I’ve been fearing this scenario for the last 3 seasons.
Couldn’t have come at a worse time really.
We need CL for the new place.
Let’s hope we don’t suffer too much and we have no more.

Last edited:
Latest from a Barca forum:

"I dont know what to expect, but deep inside me i want messi to bottle it, we lose by two goals margin in a ugly game for us, get exposed, and start fresh with valverde sacked. I think i would start to cry if messi yet again saves a day, dont want that at all. I want others to start doing their efin job and grow some balls"

:pochshock2:

and I thought some of us were bad.

Back
Top Bottom