Tottenham Hotspur v Woolwich Scum (15th Jan - 4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've a deep unshakable thought that's been killing me softly. If we had got Bastoni, or a pre WC Gravidol Udogie in now prehaps a Kim-min Jae, considering how we ended last season....it could be us five clear going into this season. Look at the state of Liverpool and Chavs...fucking Spurs and fucking Levy

That's weird - you were replying to a post made by Bazali Bazali , but it says it was by me - it wasn't.
For what it's worth, I thoroughly agree with Baz's sentiments.

As long as we’re all agreed that he’s a smug little wanker!

I’m all for managers showing enthusiasm from the touchline issuing orders etc as there’s a lot at stake but he goes way OTT and even managed to wind Eddie Howe up recently

I wish they’d ban the cunt but a decent left hook from Antonio would suffice

I've been thinking about this and I'm not sure. Maybe now they will feel like let's just not lose and we fend City right off. It depends how the coach feels. If Arteta Says its a free hit then yes. But now he might feel like a defeat totally wastes what united have done so play conservatively and take the point.

As mentioned. If they lose tomorrow, they could be 2nd by their next game.

I don't think their game plan has changed off the back of the 19th league game of a 38 game season.

They're coming to win tomorrow.

I've a deep unshakable thought that's been killing me softly. If we had got Bastoni, or a pre WC Gravidol Udogie in now prehaps a Kim-min Jae, considering how we ended last season....it could be us five clear going into this season. Look at the state of Liverpool and Chavs...fucking Spurs and fucking Levy
I feel the same.

This stinks of the Leicester season all over. The usual suspects aren’t doing well (Citeh, Dipper and Chavs), Utd are picking up but if we had managed to get our defence strengthened, it could’ve been us challenging for it this season.

Typical Tottenham though isn’t it? Always the nearly men.

I don’t even know what to think about tomorrow. I just feel disappointed and frustrated but nothing changes. It never does.

I'm getting more nervous by the minute and when I read "1882" post about how it will vent tomorrow I was ecstatic!

In my opinion, the power of the fans cannot be overestimated!
"Our" stadium will certainly be a witch's cauldron and that might be an understatement!

Nobody can tell me that what comes from the ranks leaves anyone cold. (Excuse me: in Frankfurt that helped make the team what it is today!)

Anyone unfortunate enough to walk into Tottenham Hotspur Stadium should know from the start that they always play against 12 and especially on Sundays!

Don't let this pack catch their breath - flatten them, be so loud you can't hear your own words!

Away with the pack!
Bring on the three points!
Only we!
Tottenham Hotspur only!

Let's go guys!

Destroy them!

I feel the same.

This stinks of the Leicester season all over. The usual suspects aren’t doing well (Citeh, Dipper and Chavs), Utd are picking up but if we had managed to get our defence strengthened, it could’ve been us challenging for it this season.

I don’t even know what to think about tomorrow. I just feel disappointed and frustrated but nothing changes. It never does.

Whilst strengthening key areas would have seen us better off. I think if Bentancur and Kulusevski were fit all season and Richarlison too, we'd be doing alot better too.

Whilst strengthening key areas would have seen us better off. I think if Bentancur and Kulusevski were fit all season and Richarlison too, we'd be doing alot better too.
Yeah, I get that we’ve been unlucky with injuries but think our defence is just too error prone and we’ve dropped points because of it.

I can’t tell or know what Conte wants, but not getting the defence bolstered in the summer (and so far in this window) would’ve helped in my opinion.

Sad thing is, I’m not even worried about the scum dominating us. I’m worried we’re going to gift them stupid goals because of stupid errors from players that should’ve been long gone.

Yeah, I get that we’ve been unlucky with injuries but think our defence is just too error prone and we’ve dropped points because of it.

I can’t tell or know what Conte wants, but not getting the defence bolstered in the summer (and so far in this window) would’ve helped in my opinion.

Sad thing is, I’m not even worried about the scum dominating us. I’m worried we’re going to gift them stupid goals because of stupid errors from players that should’ve been long gone.

Yep, your last sentence pretty much sums it all up.

It's not that we're bad defensively when it comes to shape. Actually, we're not the worst at it. But the amount of goals we gift is absolutely incredible.

And we all know how the game could go. Woolwich fly out the traps for 20-25 minutes and then settle down. So don't do anything fucking stupid for 15 minutes. Same in the second half.

No silly errors and our chances double.

Yep, your last sentence pretty much sums it all up.

It's not that we're bad defensively when it comes to shape. Actually, we're not the worst at it. But the amount of goals we gift is absolutely incredible.

And we all know how the game could go. Woolwich fly out the traps for 20-25 minutes and then settle down. So don't do anything fucking stupid for 15 minutes. Same in the second half.

No silly errors and our chances double.
You know, it really will be the “history of the Tottingham” if we absorb everything they chuck at us in the first half, nullify their attacks just to have Dier try and head a ball to Lloris which goes over his head for an OG.

And this will happen 30 seconds after the second half whistle blows.

I feel the same.

We'd still be in with a chance if we went big in Jan.

But we won't of course.

If anyone’s lucky to be sat behind Ramsdale tomorrow, give him hell too

“You’re just a shit Jordan Pickford” that kind of thing 😂

You've just reminded me of how rattled Ramsdale got last season when the rubber bands started to fly in his direction (the ones that held the white plastic bags onto the seats). Hmmm - thinks...

Trouble is, I'll be way too high up in the South Stand to reach that far.

IF YOU'RE NEAR RAMSDALE, REMEMBER - RUBBER BANDS WIND HIM UP.

From the last game... Competition - The Race for 4th

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I've been thinking about this and I'm not sure. Maybe now they will feel like let's just not lose and we fend City right off. It depends how the coach feels. If Arteta Says its a free hit then yes. But now he might feel like a defeat totally wastes what united have done so play conservatively and take the point.

That would be a dangerous game.... They have City twice and all the other big teams still to play. Plus, they are completely new to all this title chase stuff. If Lego-man gets too fancy in his thinking, they'll blow it.

As underwhelming as it sounds on paper; a fit and proper Doherty from the start of the season too.

You've just reminded me of how rattled Ramsdale got last season when the rubber bands started to fly in his direction (the ones that held the white plastic bags onto the seats). Hmmm - thinks...

HAhahah.... I didn't know about that.... That's well funny! :contelol:

Just gutting to see that we're going into this game with so of our issues from last season unaddressed.

We didn't TRY to fix the CB and RWB issue.

Back
Top Bottom