Tottenham Hotspur v Woolwich Scum (15th Jan - 4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you really think this can be the solution?

It doesn't matter who "buys" a club - I don't think he gives a damn what becomes of it, the main thing is that his profit is right!
That's exactly what you see when you consider Paris.

(It will never come but my dream would be for clubs in England to be fan owned and clubs - simple football, investors yes, but the say must be made by the members of the club. As written, it is clear to me that this will not come true.)

If Qatar own the club? Of course , might be unsavoury but there would I guarantee much stronger investment in players, there would be less tolerance to failure and more importantly levy wouldn't be in charge

Out thought. Out fought. Out coached. Woolwich were the better team. Whole day felt ‘off’. Not one person I spoke to thought we’d win. As soon as the teams were announced it fell flat. A shameful day for ENIC/Levy, Conte and these players.

It’s fair to say most/all Spurs fans want to see the back of Levy/ENIC but today was on Conte (a fraud from day 1) with his sham tactics, bizarre selections and predictable substitutions. Stubborn prick.

Got played through time and again - all this while everyone in the ground knew we’d get annihilated with a 2 man midfield.

Every game is a tedious fucking chore. Bored stiff. Haven’t enjoyed a single game this season. Why can’t people (in the media and/or in the crowd) see through this and call it for what it is?

Played the useless Sessegnon presumably to match Saka’s pace, then watched as Saka roasted Sessegnon for the first goal (that’s before Hugo - who is clearly finished- thru it into the net). Son was a passenger again. Hojberg a clogging clown. Etc etc

Utterly sick of this team, manger and board. I suppose it’s fair to say I’m sick of this club but that negates all the joy I’ve felt over the decades.

Oh, and a note on ‘them’. A really good football team, playing lovely stuff, with a clear identity and a youngish progressive manager. Sound familiar?

OK fair enough. But like you i only care about the future and our club without enic...we are all spurs mate, I don't hold a grudge. I regularly over react because of the bullshit of these owners.
Have a nice evening and I genuinely look forward to reading you posts going forward. COYS

Fair post mate. Thanks for saying that.

Sorry for my part

Let’s move on and hate on ENIC together!

Agree - but then Poch succeeded in my eyes, even if he didn't win a trophy. Since then we've sold our soul to the devil with some shocking appointments. Whilst serial winners when backed, Conte and Jose are never going to get the backing they need to succeed with us. And even then, when up against the petrol money in the Prem it's still not a given we'd win anything.
I can't take any more of the turgid football we're served up when it's twinned with the poor results. Same old.
What makes you think poch would get backed?

I woke up this morning having a really good feeling about this match today. I don't know why, don't ask how, don't ask when, don't ask where, I have a good feeling.

Of course it could be down to the five lamb bunas I had last night. I recognise this.

I will keep you all updated.

🤙
Can confirm it was definitely the curry 😔

🤙

I couldn't make it up there to see it but what was the atmosphere like?

It didn't seem have the same deafening noise around the whole occasion like last season.

Last may they pretty much bottled it cause we gave them so much grief. I couldn't sense any of that today but then again, them lot are in form and we don't look good at all.

:contefacepalm2:

Out thought. Out fought. Out coached. Woolwich were the better team. Whole day felt ‘off’. Not one person I spoke to thought we’d win. As soon as the teams were announced it fell flat. A shameful day for ENIC/Levy, Conte and these players.

It’s fair to say most/all Spurs fans want to see the back of Levy/ENIC but today was on Conte (a fraud from day 1) with his sham tactics, bizarre selections and predictable substitutions. Stubborn prick.

Got played through time and again - all this while everyone in the ground knew we’d get annihilated with a 2 man midfield.

Every game is a tedious fucking chore. Bored stiff. Haven’t enjoyed a single game this season. Why can’t people (in the media and/or in the crowd) see through this and call it for what it is?

Utterly sick of this team, manger and board. I suppose it’s fair to say I’m sick of this club but that negates all the joy I’ve felt over the decades.

Oh, and a note on ‘them’. A really good football team, playing lovely stuff, with a clear identity and a youngish progressive manager. Sound familiar?
Not a word in here I can disagree with, mate. The Conte system simply doesn't suit our personnel with the dire wing backs we possess and getting overrun time and time again in midfield.

It's all well and good saying that we ought to back Conte in the transfer market (which is fair, but a separate argument), but if he believes as he ought to that the personnel don't suit the system then given he's a world class manager how about try a different system that does better suit our players?

It's easy to say we're a terrible side, but we're not. We're not close to the top few, sure, and that hurts, but there's no doubt in my mind that with the squad at his disposal Conte could, and should, be producing better football and results.

I don't look at that Newcastle squad and think I'd swap their first XI for ours. Howe has them performing better than the sum of their parts. That's the difference.

EDIT: Before someone points it out, yes I know Newcastle are only something like 5 pts ahead of us and we may well reel them in, however as of right now based on their performances they seem a far more impressive outfit than we are. We need to turn something around in a hurry in my eyes to finish top 4. Not impossible. Just unlikely given what we're all seeing

Last edited:
Conte out
Poch in

is not the answer........

If we lose to City and Fulham, Conte will be gone, either he will resign (unlikely) or Levy will fire him.

If Levy fires him then that will tell you that on field investment was a figment of Conte's imagination.

I fail to see how that bald cunt has the neck to sit and watch this shit week in and week out and think it's progressive, entertaining or even an improvement over past seasons.

He's only deluded fuckwit.

Played the useless Sessegnon presumably to match Saka’s pace, then watched as Saka roasted Sessegnon for the first goal (that’s before Hugo - who is clearly finished- thru it into the net). Son was a passenger again. Hojberg a clogging clown. Etc etc

It does sound familiar but even though I'm a massive fan of poch we won fack all apart from an Audi Cup and it all went down hill , we ended up looking as bad as this under poch
It's all because of Levy
He wouldn't even spring the £30 million for grealish villa wanted when they were close to ceasing to exist, a player poch badly wanted to replace dembele, instead tried to get him for 15 and so we signed no one
Doesn't matter who we get as coach, we'll always fail

LEVY OUT! no more human shields

What makes you think poch would get backed?
Did I say he would / did get backed? Not sure I did, apologies if the implication was there.

There was a point where having got top 4 under Poch we ought to have kicked on and strengthened and Levy shafted Poch. He wasn't backed then at a crucial juncture, I feel.

That said...in his time with us, Poch didn't appear to have the gift of picking players. Weren't Tanguy and Gio both signings he pushed for?

Back
Top Bottom