Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why is it, whenever Aurier tackles, the ball ends up in a worse position that had it just stayed with the player? So many times in this game I saw Aurier make great tackles; only for the ball to roll off into a more dangerous position!

It's clear that Sissoko (lack of skill), Toby (lack of pace), Sanchez (lack of brain) are currently the weakest links in our chain.

Sounds like you’re still on that cheap gak from last night

We lost the game in the last 8 minutes - newsflash!
rich money GIF by Anderson .Paak

The sub of Winks changed absolutely fuck all. The pattern of this game had been the same from the 10th minute onwards. We didn't just take our foot off the gas second half, we were sloppy and allowing West Ham way too much time and space for much of the first half, and I said as much:

This continued and got worse long before Winks came on. There are plenty of individual weaknesses in this team, and the goals were all endemic of those, the fucknugget Sissoko (who did fuck all all game as usual and who Mourinho said "is not a CM" but keeps playing him as one) started their goal spree with an idiotic and completely needless, but typical clumsy foul, then fails to mark his man, the clusterfuck of defending that opens us up for the second, culminating in Sanchez's farcical OG, and Winks dithering on the ball for the third. How about Bale, the player most spent all summer sucking each off over, missing a fucking sitter that would have clinched the game? Other opinions scapegoats are available...

Surely the biggest problem is that we have a manager who in almost a year, and two (kind of) pre seasons hasn't managed to teach a team how to organise itself to prevent teams getting into our box with consummate ease, or how to deal with set pieces. How to protect leads. Some basic mid block pressing. Some tactical pragmatism.

Everton was atrocious. First half against Southampton was the same, we could have 3-0 down. They were just walking through our forwards and midfield and getting into our box at will. Kane (with Son finishing) doesn't have a blinder we probably lose that game based on the balance of play.

Everyone was saying we were on top in the ManU game before the sending off, but I think that game had all the hallmarks of and end to end jamboree before the sending off, neither team looking capable of defending, that game could have ended 5-5 if they hadn't gone down to 10 men.

We even conceded two goals to a team from the Middle East.

We've got a couple of attacking players that have hit a rich vein of form and that is massively papering over the truth, that in a year Mourinho has failed massively to address:

WE CAN'T DEFEND AS A TEAM.

This isn't about defenders or a new CB per se, ours have flaws but only a couple of teams in this league have really decent defences, it's about all the slapdash, wanky, lazy, stupid shit everyone else is doing ahead of the defence that then puts those less than perfect defenders in under pressure.

The one thing you would have hoped Mr Serial Winner would have been able to address was this.
Even if one doesn't agree, this is still an interesting and well-composed post. I personally agree with large parts of it. (I wouldn't say that Kane and Son are bailing the team out based on form - that's just how good they are - but they certainly are carrying the team to some degree.)

We move on.

Losing any game is where the real pain is.

No lasting damage done.

The name dropping and blaming this player and that is fcuking senseless.

The team made collective mistakes and West Ham to their credit kept going.

Last edited:
I said after 10min yesterday that there would be more goals at either end, you could see how shaky Sanchez was from the first whistle, and Aurier had had his brains kicked out before the start

That result really hurt. Sanchez will never come good, Toby is passed it, Dier (unless some miracle happens) won't become a top CB and Rodon and Tangangya are too young for the burden of a title challenge. Our defense is a problem

Woke up early excited for a new week then immediately the 3-3 crossed my mind. It felt as if someone stuck a knife on my chest.

This might take a while to get over it, up there with CL final and 7-2 drubbing.

Heard about a dad of a boy my sons age dying this weekend, about 1hr before the game started on Sunday, having spent some time myself at the hospital having a few tests done last week it him home.

Believe you me that will give you some perspective about stuff to care about. Not this bunch of millionaire dickheads anyway. They give me joy they give me pain. But ultimately not too important in the grand scheme of things.

Woke up happy to be healthy and starting another working week. Laughing at how Spurs remain Spurs. Fucking twats.

Been here before many times. And I’m expecting/hoping to be here again for many more.

It’s only a game.

Pochettuno era "spursyness" raising it's head again. How on earth did they snatch a draw from the jaws of victory... Closing out games is a mourinho signature, expect them to come back hard

Subbing Ndombele and Son out was a mistake. Why the hell did he bring Moura in? Was it because of injury worries?

Westham knew Bale was just coming back from a long layoff and Moura is not really a big goal threat. They really started attacking after Ndom and Son left the field. Jose's mistake today. Sanchez though...... dreadful.....

Heard about a dad of a boy my sons age dying this weekend, about 1hr before the game started on Sunday, having spent some time myself at the hospital having a few tests done last week it him home.

Believe you me that will give you some perspective about stuff to care about. Not this bunch of millionaire dickheads anyway. They give me joy they give me pain. But ultimately not too important in the grand scheme of things.

Woke up happy to be healthy and starting another working week. Laughing at how Spurs remain Spurs. Fucking twats.

Been here before many times. And I’m expecting/hoping to be here again for many more.

It’s only a game.
Cheers mate

I'm not sure I can make any excuses for the capitulation yesterday but I am asking myself something in general, which Premier League team have a good/great defence right now?

I know, not us but right now, who's defending well?

Back
Top Bottom