Tottenham Hotspur v Norwich City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why are people obsessed with sticking eriksen on the left in their line ups? The position where he is the most effective and can create more opportunities is through the middle. Plus having him out on the left, we lose width because he naturally drifts inside, just like what happens when we play siggy there. The team needs balance and this doesn't help.

Why are people obsessed with sticking eriksen on the left in their line ups? The position where he is the most effective and can create more opportunities is through the middle. Plus having him out on the left, we lose width because he naturally drifts inside, just like what happens when we play siggy there. The team needs balance and this doesn't help.
So you'd sacrifice Paulinho for Eriksen? I'd rather have them both out there with Eriksen in a free role, starting on the left, drifting in as you say. Width isn't that big an issue with Rose bombing on.

When the player " bombing on " is Danny rose then this makes lack of width even more of an issue. He struggles defending, let alone worrying about his attacking role.

Eriksen is either a playmaker or a number 10. That's his role, why have players like this and play them out of position. It's madness.

So you'd sacrifice Paulinho for Eriksen? I'd rather have them both out there with Eriksen in a free role, starting on the left, drifting in as you say. Width isn't that big an issue with Rose bombing on.

When the player " bombing on " is Danny rose then this makes lack of width even more of an issue. He struggles defending, let alone worrying about his attacking role.

Eriksen is either a playmaker or a number 10. That's his role, why have players like this and play them out of position. It's madness.
He's played decently in that position. I agree, I'd rather see him at number 10, but Paulinho has been fine there at the minute and it's not like Eriksen's not been influencing the game centrally whilst starting on the left. Ade breaks to that wing a lot when Eriksen comes in. It's not that big a problem.

But mate, we don't want Ade breaking to the wing because he is a striker! If Ade is having to work a channel and we are playing one up front, who is in the box to score? If we still had modric, you wouldn't play him on the left, so why would you play eriksen there?

We still struggle with creating chances, because we have no one centrally to release the ball quickly enough to the wingers or thread a killer pass. Paulinho is not a playmaker, neither is dembele or bentaleb. Eriksen is, but I can see people's reasoning behind wanting him on the left, but in my view it just unbalances the team.

Last season we had a record points total of 72 and that still only got us 5th. And you reckon that 6+ teams are gonna get over 79 points?
Could happen of course but I can't see it.
Last season we had a record points total of 72 and that still only got us 5th. And you reckon that 6+ teams are gonna get over 79 points?
Could happen of course but I can't see it.
Agree, unlikely. Just a bit of a crack, but if we can keep toe-to-toe with the Woolwich and (particually) Liverpool results and then take 4 points of them, then we could get CL!

COYS!!

Teams aren't announced until 45-50 minutes before KO. And even if Bentaleb starts, so what? He has played well and is deserving of his place. The management team are aware of his fitness levels if he needs a rest, or not, so be it.
Haha he's not questioning whether he should play or not. He is just saying that TS will pick Nabil every game of the season

Lloris
Walker - Kaboul - Vertonghen - Rose
Dembele - Bentaleb - Paulinho - Eriksen
Ade
Soldado​
untitle.JPG

No.
Dembele, Eriksen and Adebayor out of position is a bad idea.

I get that people like Ade at the nr. 10 position - but he scores the goals in the box from very close range. He's a striker. And although I like the idea of 2 strikers today (and I believe in Soldierboy), Soldado hasn't exactly shown anything that justifies him taking over from Adebayor up top.

We need Dembele in the middle. Eriksen on the left is acceptable but not optimum.

Back
Top Bottom