Tottenham Hotspur v. Internazionale (Home), 7 Mar 2013 20:05

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andrea Stramaccioni admits Inter Milan's chances of stopping a rampant Gareth Bale on Thursday have been dented by an injury crisis.
Bale first stunned the San Siro when he scored a brilliant hat-trick in Tottenham's 4-3 Champions League loss in 2010, and then went on to dominate highly-regarded Brazilian right-back Maicon when Spurs won the reverse fixture 3-1.
Stramaccioni's side were hoping for revenge on Thursday, but the Nerazzurri are without defenders Matfas Silvestre and Yuto Nagatomo, while serious doubts remain over the fitness of international centre-backs Andrea Ranocchia and Walter Samuel.
The Inter boss, who has had to call six youth players up to his squad for the clash, said: "My team should be aware of Bale's strengths, but obviously, the problem now is I don't have too many players available.
"This is a very important game for us, but unfortunately we have lots of injuries.
"We gave a few of them tests this morning, but most of them are still struggling and we don't want to risk anyone.
"The Europa League is important, but we don't want anyone to get longer-term injuries. Our main target is third place in our league.
"That's why we brought six young players here. It's going to be difficult."
Stramaccioni is aware of Bale's talents having tracked the Welshman closely since it was confirmed that his team would face Tottenham in the last 16.
"Bale is one of most complete players in Europe at the moment," he said.
"He's proving he's becoming very decisive. He scores a lot and that is what distinguishes a good player from a great player.
"We have great players as well, but that doesn't take away the fact that we respect Bale, and all the great players they have like Aaron Lennon and Jermain Defoe too."

watching that Sandro video makes me remember why me and all Australian's hate those diving italian cunts.

2-0 Spurs

I am so up for this game right now, games like these are why we want to be in the Champions League after all, this is just the start of many to come :avbdamn:

Would love to see us smash them, have a pretty high profile run of games, and a good win could be just what we need to push us on that little bit more

I don't think for one moment Inter will throw in the towel. They have the second leg at the San Siro, they won't want to trudge off there defeated overall.

But we have a great chance without a doubt. How strong our teams will be over the two legs I haven't a clue. I think Hugo should play in the San Siro though.

Looks like Bale will play tonight though and I'm glad. We're on ITV1, I would imagine this will be our biggest domestic TV audience of the season so far, as I guess more will watch than even the Utd Spurs game on Sky or the NLD. So it's time for our brightest star to shine on primetime terresterial against one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Even with all the disappointments and nearly-seasons in recent years, it still feels fucking incredible to be where we are. Inter Milan at home, Liverpool away, Inter Milan at home, all vitally important and if we can pull off results we'll be absolutely fucking steaming along. Love it.

Back
Top Bottom