Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Positives :

- Cleansheet, looked comfortable defensively I thought. Happy for Vorm too.
- Kane and Janssen linked up well. Think I'd like to see Janssen in the deeper role of the two.
- Wanyama getting a goal on his home debut and looking much better throughout.
- Full backs continue to look great and are so important to us.

Win was massive today. The likes of Chelsea, Utd and City are picking up maximum points and to stay with them, even early on is good.

Huge game next week to see where we are at. Liverpool will be playing their third away game in the league on the bounce. Which is amazing.

Luckily Janssen made that run across to the near post or we wouldn't have got that corner. :sneaky:
If only that chance would have fell on his left and not his weaker foot.
Tried to bend it around the keeper with the inside of his foot but didn't get around it.
Still Janssen was good. He gives us something extra up front with his tireless movement. Hopefully he will come good. I feel he will.

We are still very rusty though, so it's important that we don't lose any games while we are. We were not too good but we were too much for Palace.
Much better position than we were in last season, but if we want to have any chance of finishing top 4 this year we have to find our form quickly.
There were glimpses of the quick slick passing breaks of last year but also a repeat of the lack of creativity when trying to come at a packed defence.
Yet we were still pretty solid defensively.

Only caught the end but these are the games that are all too easy to draw so glad we sneaked it. Got our first win early this season to get the confidence going in time for next week's big one.

Have always hated us playing Pardew teams, always seems to be a scrappy affair.

Please please do not drop last seasons premier league leading goalscorer into a deeper position to accomodate a new striker after 1 half decent cameo appearance. It makes absolutely no sense, it rarely works and its damn right unfair on kane.

I think at home and against the weaker sides playing two up top is the right option.
Kane had his chances today and so did Janssen, if they take those chances everyone hails Poch as a genius.
Kane tends to drop deeper even as the lone striker, than your traditional 9 and Alli had a shocker verse Everton.
Just my two cents but I had no problem with the line up today.

I think at home and against the weaker sides playing two up top is the right option.
Kane had his chances today and so did Janssen, if they take those chances everyone hails Poch as a genius.
Kane tends to drop deeper even as the lone striker, than your traditional 9 and Alli had a shocker verse Everton.
Just my two cents but I had no problem with the line up today.
I think your correct. Kane scores a lot from edge/outside the box too. Also gives him more space to.
Maybe they will both hit form the same time as they both did last year. That would be nice.

I'd rather be laughed at by my missus for having post alcohol erectile dysfunction than be nutmegged.
Something about it that strips you of your manhood.
Especially Townsend' his manhood was being stripped all day. That quick look Lamela gives him after is just cool!

Back
Top Bottom