Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley (Turf Moor, 23rd Feb 2019, 12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I feel at such a loose end this weekend, that this game can't come soon enough. It wasn't that long ago that I was bemoaning that there were too many games!
I hope we can break them down early doors, otherwise it's going to be like pulling teeth, and we can't keep relying on getting last minute winners - my nerves can't take it!
It's this isn't it... we're bemoaning the fixture pile up in the lead up to the Dortmund game... and yet being out of the Cup (deliberately???) has left us all kicking our heels for the weekend...

Truth be told, I always like FA Cup weekends whether we're in it or not... let someone else panic about being dumped out in a Giant Killing shock (not that there HAVE been any yet!)

If the best outcome of a free weekend is getting Kane/Dele back for the next game, then it'll have been worth the weekend off!!

I for one have no problems with the pause.

Ofc I love watching Spurs play. And I make time for it everytime I possibly can!
But you know, when there is a pause inbetween it sometimes just makes you hungrier. And then when this time comes it is even sweeter and more special.
Plus I am absolutely thrilled with guys having some well deserved rest!!!

What's the assumption - Kane and Alli should be back with the team. Also Dier and Rose issues were supposed to be temporary... would Davies be only one absent for Burnley? Do we have any info on that? Or too soon to tell?

Please just win this Spurs or it's gonna taint what could be a great weekend. Hate the early kick-offs. Haven't got the best feeling about this one as these fuckers could well bore us all to death and grind out a draw. I'll take an ugly 1-0 right now. Kane will surely be on the bench at least?

What's the assumption - Kane and Alli should be back with the team. Also Dier and Rose issues were supposed to be temporary... would Davies be only one absent for Burnley? Do we have any info on that? Or too soon to tell?

I think you can count Kane as part of the matchday squad, Alli might be a little further behind (he was originally quoted to be back start-mid March) and came back a week later from his warm weather recovery training. I’d be surprised to see either in the starting XI though given the upcoming run of fixtures.

Dier and Rose were both temporary. Dier suffered a bout of flu towards the end of the week of the Leicester game and Rose cut his leg at the end of that game which meant he was not in the XI for Dortmund. Both should be back for this one.

Davies has been out c. 6 weeks now with a groin strain, little info on that.

Quite looking forward to it, even though I know much like the home game it'll be an absolute slog. if Dele and Kane make the bench -fantastic! We've Chelsea 4 says later! they'll play in a cup final on Sunday so hopefully they'll be both depleted and downbeat.

A Win is all that counts in this one, there are games coming up that will call for big big performances so let’s just keep the winning run going until then however we do it....
Chelsea will be interesting, hammered 6-0 by City, now they have Utd at home in the cup before taking on City again, Logic would have them responding against Utd but that may not necessarily get them the result. I don’t think they will get much joy out of City next week either, so Sarri might not be in charge come our game??

The 'break' has also helps our wallets, one of the reasons that our crowd figures are down is money. Eight games in January followed by three more in the first two weeks in February ... even if you have the time, not many can afford to keep that up

Luckily we've just been able to celebrate Valentine's Day on the back of a CL win (my missus asked why I was so happy, "it's because I love you" just rolled of the tongue) and for the first time this year we have had a family weekend uninterrupted by football

It's all about building up brownie points for when those CL away days swing back around ... make the most of it whilst you can

Now bring on Burnley as I'm getting withdrawal symptoms ....

Need to factor in that in the 10days that follow this we play Chelsea away, Woolwich at Wembley and then head to Germany for the 2nd leg. A bit of rotation shouldn’t hurt!

Put Llorente up front to counteract the height of Crouchy.
Fernando and Crouchy when they face off.
C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

They're 3 points above the relegation zone. Can they really afford to park the bus a team this stage of the season?
Certainly against a side like Spurs, it's their best chance of nicking a point. And to Dyche's credit, he has organized them pretty well at the back and the likes of Tarkowski, Mee and Heaton can be tough to beat on their day, they've only conceded 6 goals in their last 7 league matches (including 2 at Old Trafford).

Certainly against a side like Spurs, it's their best chance of nicking a point. And to Dyche's credit, he has organized them pretty well at the back and the likes of Tarkowski, Mee and Heaton can be tough to beat on their day, they've only conceded 6 goals in their last 7 league matches (including 2 at Old Trafford).

Playing for a draw when you're one loss away from being in the bottom 3 is a dicey old game to play.

It'll be interesting to see what happens, hopefully Harry can make it onto the bench as that will be very useful if we struggle to get over the line

Back
Top Bottom