Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton (H) | Saturday 10th February @ 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ahem, when Liverpool/Man City/Arse/Man Utd etc do it, it's the *"Hallmark of Champions" SKY FOOTBALL CLICHE ALERT*
Yet when we do it, it's somehow undeserving!???

Literally just heard the radio say that about Liverpool and how "they weren't very good today, but got the job done... that's the mark of champions".

:dembelefingers:

16 shots with 6 on target for us, 6 shots with 3 on target for them, one of which was PK. 9 corners to 6 in our favour and we had more possesion. You'd think we didnt go past the halfway line with some of the reactions, the game was there to be won for either team and we took it.

If what we just did was robbery what was Everton last week?

We were average but it was hardly smash and grab territory.

Johnson may be hit or miss at this football thing, but if his job is running to the far post after being subbed, I think he can do it with his pace.
Forrest Gump Running GIF

a draw the fair result tbf.
I would have taken a point with 15 to go, at one point we looked like we were going to overrun them in the 2nd half but they weathered the storm and started to look comfortable. Very frustrating to watch as we kept giving the ball away too cheaply. It seems like on the balance we had a higher passing % than them and theirs actually went slightly more astray. Both teams trying to play out from the back looked equally shaky at times!

What "melting", tho??

We were fucking horrible and nicked an undeserved winner in the final seconds.
I know. The 'melting' over others supposedly melting in the heat of a match thread is getting really cringeworthy and boring in my opinion.

It's football FFS, not a game of fucking chess. Fans are passionate and it's inevitable those passions are gonna spill over when the team ain't playing well.

And it shouldn't be any other way.

Imagine this forum if we was all as dour and happy clapping like a few on here. I reckon it would close down in a matter of months

You are biased though and want more from them.

Tbh first half we dominated them and created great chances.Start of the 2nd we ripped them apart, went cold for 10-15mins then dominated again after that.

I'd say the game split was roughly:

THFC: 45mins
B&HA: 30mins
SHIT: 15mins.

Back
Top Bottom