Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton (H) | Saturday 10th February @ 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is the first game I've not been able to watch for reasons. I decided, against my better judgement, to follow the game solely on here. I was left with the impression that we played worse than if we decided to field just one player, and that player was my nan whose Parkinson's isn't half coming on a tad.

To then see the above is comical in the extreme because my nan did a fair bit better than I would have thought
We were woeful at times. Your Nan may just have slapped these youngsters up side their heads.

We definitely need one or two calmer, cooler heads on the pitch. Teams have noticed how we get thrown off by being bullied and a few wayward tackles. We were lucky that Romero and Sarr were not sent off. Udogie and Maddison lost their cool on more than one time.

A rebuild is good but one needs a sturdy foundation. With these youngsters and one or two more 'Sons', we could be going places.

427566142_933856221427905_2101729802908836354_n.jpg

Didn't see the game as I was moving house and that's quite a stress process so thought I'd take myself away from the game (maybe one of a dozen games I've missed in 10 years, may I add..even through the Portuguese (both) and Italian terrorists tenures), so I've just managed to watch a 4 minute highlight reel..

The biggest take away from those shorts clips is that these players absolutely wear that shirt with pride and commitment. It's incredibly satisfying and just beautiful to see this squad feeding off the crowd and giving it back to the supporters too.

I'm really enjoying this journey under this manager, and group of players.

We've only just begun

You've just given me an ear-worm (but at least it's replaced 'old man', which I've had for the past 2 days):

Why do birds suddenly appear
Every time, you are near?
Just like me, they long to be
Postecoglou

Tough match that today, I thought we played well in parts and Brighton probably put one of their best performances in of the season.

I don't buy into the crap of we didn't play well, today is the sort of match which makes up for losing points to Aston Villa earlier in the season.

Delighted for Johnson with a last minute goal, makes the bloke sitting next to me moaning about him from the second he come on look an absolute clown.

Onto Wolves next week! COYS!!

You do know that when Polio was a prevalent disease prior to treatment, that was the only remedy?
Therefore, given the ineptitude of his performance prior to the one thing he did right during his time on the pitch - the analogy is a comparable measure of physical ineptitude he was displaying. Almost all of his interventions prior to the goal were remarkably sub standard in control and execution.

You poor fey little emotional weakling
I weep for you. And condemn myself for how I broke your heart.

What a load of old bollocks.

Fuck off, Mick.... As salty as you get when people mention age; you haven't got a leg to stand on.

Suprised at the initial comment; but not your inability to hold your hands up for being unpleasant in such a way.

Last edited:
Getting used to watching games at ungodly hours. Watched a fair amount of minutes 75-85 (or so) with my hands in front of my face i.e not watching at all.
Thought Bentancur was off the pace again and we really don’t need to play out of the back every single time.
Ange’s substitutions were poor (and, imho, somewhat negative) and I honestly thought that Johnson had skied his opportunity. Brighton should have gotten something from the game and Gilmour does indeed look a player. This makes up for dominating Spam (or Villa)?and getting nothing.

Back
Top Bottom