Tottenham Hotspur feat 1882 v Tax Dodgers United (Monaco)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did you chaps see the message about additional security? It says please arrive for 7pm. That's an hour before kick off?! Is security really that tight now?
half hour/45 mins prior to kick off should be fine, had no problem when we played Chelsea, virtually straight in with just a quick check

Did you chaps see the message about additional security? It says please arrive for 7pm. That's an hour before kick off?! Is security really that tight now?

It's wise enough advise but you don't need to be there for 7pm. They started this warning after the West Ham game where several in my block (Paxton season ticket holder) missed the first 20/25 minutes and came in fuming. Chelsea noone chanced it and didn't see any problems - I probably queued about 5 minutes to get in around half an hour before kick off.

Trouble with Europa games is no booze in ground so everyone tries to get in at 8pm for an 8.05pm kick out - that doesn't work.

Crazy but possible scenario, think I worked it out right...

If we lose 1-0 tonight and Anderlecht beat Qarabag 2-1, then we will be equal with Anderlecht on:
  • Head to head GD
  • Head to head goals
  • Head to head away goals
  • GD
  • Goals scored
  • Away goals
  • Number of wins
  • Number of away wins
Which would leave the tiebreaking criteria between us to be disciplinary record! Thankfully they've picked up 10 yellows to our 2, so unless we have a disciplinary nightmare tonight we'd still be top...

If we lose 1-0 tonight and Anderlecht beat Qarabag 2-1, then we will be equal with Anderlecht on:
  • Head to head GD
  • Head to head goals
  • GD
  • Goals scored
  • Away goals
  • Number of wins
  • Number of away wins
Which would leave the tiebreaking criteria between us to be disciplinary record! Thankfully they've picked up 10 yellows to our 2, so unless we have a disciplinary nightmare tonight we'd still be top...
That's ridiculous. Great spot.

• Head to head GD
  • Head to head goals
  • GD
  • Goals scored
  • Away goals
  • Number of wins
  • Number of away wins
What would happen if we'd also be equal on cards after the game? A round of rock, paper, scissors?

Last edited:
Don't really care too much about the result, a win would be nice but not essential. Be great to use this game to test some young players and maybe play some players who are coming back from injury.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Trippier, Alderwierald, Wimmer, Davies, Carroll, Bentaleb, Winks, Onomah, Chadli, Nije][/formation]

Team will be a matter of balance between getting at least a draw and resting players. Hope Townsend & Njie start but would not play the kids that have yet to establish themselves. We will benefit from winning the group and cannot take too many risks.

I'm going old school mix'n'match!
[formation="4231, Lloris, Tripper, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Davies, Alli, Bentaleb, Townsend, Onomah, Chadli, N'Jie"][/formation]

Back
Top Bottom