Tottenham Hotspur FC - Man City Mercenaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Personally id put Townsend in for Chadli but i can see this being the team against city.

52e14aa632a54.jpg

.............................................Lloris

Walker..............Vertonghen..............Vlad...................Rose

Lennon...........Sandro..................Dembele................Eriksen

........................................Paulinho

..........................................Ade

Its never going to happen - but just for shits and giggles I'd go for speed
I'd love to see Lennon running at their central defenders, off Ade's feeds
and have Ade harrying Toure, because of his size and presence. I reckon he would really fuck Toure up, probably get him sent off - as long as Ade kept his cool and didn't walk first

Like I say - its not a serious proposition - so don't go all football manager on me and start ripping me to shreds.

[formation="4231, Lloris, Walker, Chiriches, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Sandro, Dembele, Townsend, Adebayor, Eriksen, Lennon"][/formation]

Verts has looked majorly pissed off playing at LB. Let's keep our best CB happy and play him in his best position tbh.

Re: @ Mick Cooper Mick Cooper 's formation. I get what you mean, I've always wanted to see Lennon make more runs behind the back 4, his acceleration is ridiculous really should be playing off defenders shoulders more often.

Verts has looked majorly pissed off playing at LB. Let's keep our best CB happy and play him in his best position tbh.

Re: @ Mick Cooper Mick Cooper 's formation. I get what you mean, I've always wanted to see Lennon make more runs behind the back 4, his acceleration is ridiculous really should be playing off defenders shoulders more often.
well - more like their hips, but I get what you are saying..........

He's an exponentially better defender than Rose - plus we'll need Kaboul physical presence in the centre

Not at LB he isn't. He's been poor in that spot this year. Including our first beat against city. Would much rather have the speed of Rose to combat City's attack. Having said that, I hope Vertonghen is fit to play centrally.

I'd love to see Lennon running at their central defenders

As much as I'd like to see that Lennon again it's been a number of years since I got excited at him running at defenders and beating his man seeing as he prefers to check back now. Don't recall a single moment against Swansea where he ran at anyone.

As much as I'd like to see that Lennon again it's been a number of years since I got excited at him running at defenders and beating his man seeing as he prefers to check back now. Don't recall a single moment against Swansea where he ran at anyone.
he was really muted in that game, and seemed to play in the inside right channel for a lot of it, rather than wide right.
He would get more change out of centre backs in a one on one than he does out of fullbacks and a wide midfielder double teaming him

Back
Top Bottom