Tottenham Boys - We Are Here

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ooh, you are awful................:fingers:
nWrvE0b.jpg

Also remember playing away to the dippers in the cup, 71 I think, took 5 train loads up there also. Drew 0-0. Remember walking back to Lime st. with Ronnie P's mob including Big J. and the Walthamstow lot, kicked the shit out the idiot Scousers who thought they could have a go at us.
In the replay they beat us 2-1 I think but they had a nightmare walk back to Seven Sisters, they got slaughted.
Good old days :sneaky:

I was at both of those games and the coach I was in at Annfield got stoned with many windows broken as we left Stanley Park
Women and kids on it too
Brave fuckers

So was part of the group meeting out revenge at the replay something I didn’t do often but those cunts deserved it

Steve Heighway got their winner I think

It was a bit more then. .it was a culture.. It would be very hard to explain it to someone now..the adrenalin rush when your with your mates and it was about to go off? As a few have tried to engage as well You took your life in your hands going away.. Quite apt with one of the getting cut at wall last month everton was one of the worst places and they. where forever waving metal in your face.. Nothing was arranged in those days either.. They knew you where coming and knew who you where because of how you dressed.and vice versa.. Being hijacked at lime Street station became an occupational hazard .
Always, loved going to man u especially. 2nd division like some have already spoken off was possibly the best season travelling around the country.. Most places anywhere their would be a reception waiting
But one away game above all else I can recall like yesterday.. Forest away . Ossie and Ricky's debut our first game back in div 1 as it was then. . Kr's coach up that day..not my thing though.. I was train firm from then on.
Agree, Everton was a nasty place to go. Remember one year we had a terrible turn out and they walked 50 of us all the way from Lime St to Goodison Park, was glad to get in the ground. Lost count of the times the bus windows got out through going back to the station after the game.

Same. Did KR once i think. Maybe twice. If it didn't break down at least once it was a miracle and half the time you would be coming back to London with no windows.

Quickly moved on to the trains.

I've described it as like the film The Warriors. A fight for survival at many games.

Loved every minute of it though.

Said so many times that navigating the Tube in the 80's after an away game was like The Warriors, bumping into little firms all over. West Ham were always waiting for us Essex boys at Liverpool St! Got cornered once by 5 very well known ICF on the way home from Coventry, nice weave away from a punch while S****** was trying to retrieve a blade fro his underpants, and then had it on my toes faster than Usain Bolt.

Last edited:
Lasting memory of Everton away. One of ours could be sick on command, Everton Scallies were coming right up to the fence separating the two sets of fans and giving it the big'un. That was until this Spurs lad puked all over them. Their faces were a picture! Disgusting I know but was funny at the time.

I'm not going mate but I think 57 varieties 57 varieties might be. He is suffering at the U23 game at the moment.
Just checked the score 0-4 .

Was hoping to do another ground , 3rd time in 4 years in Dortmund, hopefully we can navigate this one after Wednesday's result and do a new ground in the next round. Wonder if we (you, me, 57) know each other. Been going long enough, so possible. I say hello to people at Spurs I have "known" for 30+ years and still don't know their names!

Last edited:
Hello everyone

We're currently in the process of researching a film we plan to make about Tottenham Boys We Are Here.

We're looking for people to speak to who own a copy (ideally an original), and anyone who might have appeared in the book.

I realise this is a long shot as there was only a small run on the first version, and it was published 40 years ago.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Flav

Hi Flav,

I’ve just stumbled across this thread while researching this book on behalf of a dear friend of mine who owns an original signed copy that he’s asked me to sell on his behalf.
He’d love to know more about you and your connection to this era. He was active at the time and knew the author and many of the other people involved.

Is there a way I can put you in touch without posting public info?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Jason

I was only a kid mate, of 9/10,but it was a brilliant time.Certainly wasn't the walk in the park that many were predicting pre season.I remember the last home game v Hull and we had to win it to be withinn a chance.We did,what an atmosphere that was.Only done one away(as i was a kid and going with my Dad) which was Orient.
So glad i witnessed that season.
Was a great season. Went to all the home games, all London aways plus Luton and Southampton. Paid 7 quid for a 1 pound ticket for the Southampton game, from a tout at Waterloo - best 7 quid I ever spent. We went 19 League games unbeaten at one point, before losing at Burnley.
John Pratt wasn't always the fans favourite, but he got some vital goals that season. two at Notts County, when we were losing 3-1, a late winner at home to Charlton, springing to mind. Don Mac also. Besides that crucial goal against Bolton, I remember his last minute lob at home to Blackpool, which secured us a point.
Also went to Pat Rice's testimonial and the Angel/Blower testimonial at Orient.

The second leg (replay) of the final they were directly above us as they couldn’t shift all their allocation presumably.
Mad it was
A few battles
None of them came down into us, but vice versa

Liverpool league cup final was mad outside

How we lost that I don’t know.
We outplayed them only to get held up and robbed at closing time
That weasel Whelan.
Archie should have scored near the end to make it 2-0. Would have gone through the whole competition without conceding a goal.
Liverpool fans got done with an axe after the game. Mass arrests

In the summer of 1980 we played a number of friendlies, all away, so decided to do them all. We began at Roots Hall on a Friday night to play Southend and it was largely uneventful but more than half the crowd were Spurs. It was on to Portsmouth midweek the following week at it kicked off with the Pompey mob but nothing major. Then it was the one we had all been waiting for PSV Eindhoven away. We had been banned from European football since the Rotterdam riot in 1974 but hadn't qualified anyway! This game was played in a town called Beilen and KR did his usual coaches and thousands of Spurs descended on Amsterdam one sunny afternoon. Inevitably trouble broke out with some locals in the city and running battles ensued and all afternoon there were sirens wailing and bottles smashing. We got taken out of the city in a massive police cavalcade for the trip north to Beilen. The locals in the villages came out to wonder at the sight of thousands of Spurs passing by as we had made the local TV news. At the non league standard ground it was chaos as we all stormed the pitch for an impromptu game. I spoke to Peter Taylor some years later about this game and he said the players expected a few hundred followers to attend and not the thousands that did go. Many beers were consumed and the players were mobbed on the pitch after the game. I'll post the remaining games later if anyone's interested.
Pompey was very naughty that day. We got in the ground quite early, and there were a load of Pompey skins behind the goal. We were heavily outnumbered and ended up going on to the pitch and into the side enclosure. Think KR took half a coach that day.

Did anyone go to the fa cup replay between Enfield and Barnsley in 1981 I think, me and all my mates went, and WHL was packed.

I went to this. Went into the Bell and Hare before the game, and was amazed to find it full of Tykes!
Recollect Enfield hitting the bar when it was 0-0

Back
Top Bottom