Top 4

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The top 4 is looking increasingly harder by the week now with Newcastle getting stronger every week.

Chelsea look unbeatable.
Woolwich are just jammy c*nts
Man City are far too strong.
United will be there or there abouts.
Soton obviously have to be considered up within the top 7 region.
Everton always get better as the season goes on.
Liverpool, well f1ck knows. Have to be up there though.

In other words, we HAVE to beat hull. COYS!

I know we've been fairly cack most of the season but you never know how it may pan out after Christmas.
We could go on (I do hope)a run of 4 or 5 unbeaten run of games and peoples perspective's may change.There is still time for other teams to fuck up and We just have to get through the next few games and then can assess.
As for top 4 ,maybe not this season but really would love a cup day out at Wembley.

The weird thing is, THIS year, the top 3 AND 4 are wide open... it's only really Chelsea & Man City who are consistently showing form, week-in-week-out... and even Man City have only been doing it recently!
Arse/Man Utd/Liverpool have all had patchy starts to the season(crisis looms in their fans eyes... they wanna swap with us one season??)
i'd say this season is the one where A PERCEIVED 'NON-TOP 4 CLUB' might actually finish there...
Southampton (ironically) :pochsulk: are giving it a go... so are Newcastle (for a few weeks) this coulda been our chance to get in through the back door...
but oh nooooo, we're too busy sulking, and throwing away winnable fixtures, and papering over the cracks, and not being ready to come on as sub, and bitching about the fans to even try mounting a surprise tilt at the Top 4... we really are stoopid sometimes!:townhmm::walker::adestare::kaboul:

It's the cup you never know but top 4 is doable.Like I say come February there is always a fuck up with another team like we seem to be like at the minute but I won't worry if we don't make top 4.I love spurs more than my Mrs

It's the cup you never know but top 4 is doable.Like I say come February there is always a fuck up with another team like we seem to be like at the minute but I won't worry if we don't make top 4.I love spurs more than my Mrs
I love spam .more than i love mine !!!!

I don't know why we worry about 'Top 4' so much - it used to be the obsession with breaking into the cashcow that is the CL.

Can do that through the Europa League now, and it's normally a pretty weak competition, so I'd rather win that than finish 4th - after all, you get no trophies for 4th place - only unrealistic expectations for the future.

A serious push for the league cup and Europa is what I'd be happy with, and I'd take a year of disappointing league results if that's what would be needed to balance it out. Winning something seems to catalyse teams self-belief.

We won't finish 4th, there's no point worrying about it or stressing.

The aim for this season should be to get a style in place, get Lamela on form and get rid of the dead wood.

If we get to a final or Semi and finish 5th-6th I'd be content. Next season we really need to push on though.

Southampton WILL drop down the table as soon as players go off form, they did the same thing last year.
Newcastle are still shit. Just in form.
West Ham haven't got a chance of top 4-5-6.
Swansea could finish top 6-7. A good team who don't rely on 1 player.
Liverpool look shit without Sturridge and he's such a glass cannon that they'll be lucky to get 6th this year.
Woolwich look shocking.

We just need to hit a patch of form, like the shit teams above us, and we can be right up there.

Mate - the shit teams are below us - that's how it works.

Stoke, West Ham, Newcastle are all poor and have been relegated/in relegation scraps in the last few years.

Southampton, Swansea and Everton are all good, but we're better on paper. Just need that one purple patch to set things off, which, irritatingly just isn't coming. Spurs are the personification of erectile dysfunction.

Stoke, West Ham, Newcastle are all poor and have been relegated/in relegation scraps in the last few years.

Southampton, Swansea and Everton are all good, but we're better on paper
I just don't know how you come to these conclusions. Based on what? We're better on paper? We've been shit - that's ok, but at least admit it. It's this type of misplaced arrogance that gives our fans a bad name. We're a soft touch at the moment, and this type of nonsense is part of the reason why we are ridiculed by fans of other clubs.

Back
Top Bottom