Time for the players to raise their game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Clearly there is utter confusion in what Poc wants & how the players see that. It's easy to be bored if ur thick & most of our players seem dim . They've given up on tactics .

I really think our entire club mentality is " Half arsed" , kin shambles

It is tough to ask the new players to adjust to a team, to develop a nice attitude, when we all know it is only a "team" in the abstract. What exactly are they to adjust to? The core has been removed, the identity lost. Sandro, Defoe, Dawson etc should have been kept around for morale purposes if we really wanted to adjust the recruits. I am all for making standards for the players to live up to but you cannot ask them to grow wings. Even the old players like Adebayor are shunted into the leader role. There is a tragical comic element to it all

Clearly there is utter confusion in what Poc wants & how the players see that. It's easy to be bored if ur thick & most of our players seem dim . They've given up on tactics .

I really think our entire club mentality is " Half arsed" , kin shambles

Players that won't try to understand 'tactics' will be found out at other clubs than Spurs too. Don't want them here if this is the case..

Players that won't try to understand 'tactics' will be found out at other clubs than Spurs too. Don't want them here if this is the case..

That's the thing, many move on & shine . Wait until Verts fucks off and shows his worth, Eriksen in a few years, we'll be looking at them & thinking why they weren't so consistent at us. There is a disease at spurs of deceit & lies, it stems from the top & has infected our entirety . That maybe a tad melodramatic but I am more convinced than ever, no one trusts or talks to each other at Spurs, were a multi headed clusterfuck with no ears

I didn't read the article as I cba no offence, but in relation to the title why is it only now they step there game up? They get paid a pathetic amount of money and for all the so called 'stars' we have it's completely unforgivable. This might be slightly morbid as football is only a sport, but if a player like Vertonghen snapped his leg I would have no sympathy as it'll just show him you need to deliver everytime you're on the pitch because you never know if you'll get the opportunity to play for a professional club again.

That's the thing, many move on & shine . Wait until Verts fucks off and shows his worth, Eriksen in a few years, we'll be looking at them & thinking why they weren't so consistent at us. There is a disease at spurs of deceit & lies, it stems from the top & has infected our entirety . That maybe a tad melodramatic but I am more convinced than ever, no one trusts or talks to each other at Spurs, were a multi headed clusterfuck with no ears

I think you're spot on that there seem mental issue, a barrier of some sorts. We saw under Harry that we can improve and once you get that belief it'll be easier the next time.

Unfortunately that we have crumbled since then. Not given up, but I think we need to conclude, right now, they don't live up to expectations.

I didn't read the article as I cba no offence, but in relation to the title why is it only now they step there game up? They get paid a pathetic amount of money and for all the so called 'stars' we have it's completely unforgivable. This might be slightly morbid as football is only a sport, but if a player like Vertonghen snapped his leg I would have no sympathy as it'll just show him you need to deliver everytime you're on the pitch because you never know if you'll get the opportunity to play for a professional club again.

Fair enough, but why comment if you didn't read it?

You're showing a similar dedication as some of the players!

Fair enough, but why comment if you didn't read it?

You're showing a similar dedication as some of the players!
Because I commented in this thread whilst waiting for the bus in this ice cold Welsh weather. It's good I didn't read it though just to make sure that the title and the article match and it isn't some form of false advertising lol

Back
Top Bottom