Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I find it hard to believe that QPR haven't sussed out that the one constant is Ferdinand.
I hated him at our club. Sherwood wasn't too bad, although not up to PL coaching, but I thought their influence on and in the club was detrimental.

I find it hard to believe that QPR haven't sussed out that the one constant is Ferdinand.
I hated him at our club. Sherwood wasn't too bad, although not up to PL coaching, but I thought their influence on and in the club was detrimental.

But Les is Mr QPR

Except when he's Mr Newcastle, Mr Spurs or Mr West Ham

Still pissed off we paid £6m for him

Swindon 1-3 Eastleigh

sherwrnj5d.gif

You just know, if it hasn't happened already, someone somewhere is going to say "it shows tims pashun and enfoosiasm for the game"

No it shows he's a cunt. If he's the director of football and is taking it upon himself to undermine the manager, much like he did with us, he's a cunt.
And if the job description was "Director of football but you overrule the manager" He's a cunt for taking that job.
There's no way he isn't a cunt in this situation and anyone that defends him is a cunt as well.

Just wondered how this absolute legend was getting on in helping Swindon get clear of the drop zone

He arrived they had 16 points from 16 games, had to play Eistleigh in FA Cup first round and just beaten Exeter in the EFL Cup

He has managed to help them get 13 points from next 13 games, so the same, but only one win in last 9 so now his influence is really kicking in as they head towards drop zone

Plus Eastleigh knocked them out the FA cup in the end and Luton knocked them out EFL cup in next round
Pure Magic, at least he has found his level :sherwoodlol:

This may have come up already but if Sherwood gets the sack from Swindon does anyone think it would be possible for him to have a role in Tottenham's academy again? According to wikipedia he had a brief but good run as the under 21's coach. In the youth special podcast WindyCOYS WindyCOYS and friends did recently they talked about him being good at organizing loans. Many players of his generation are now managers and back room staff so apparently he is able to use his connections to organize useful loans for youth players.
(Tottenham Youth Special – The Fighting Cock a link to the podcast, it is not hard to find but here's a link any way.)

This may have come up already but if Sherwood gets the sack from Swindon does anyone think it would be possible for him to have a role in Tottenham's academy again? According to wikipedia he had a brief but good run as the under 21's coach. In the youth special podcast WindyCOYS WindyCOYS and friends did recently they talked about him being good at organizing loans. Many players of his generation are now managers and back room staff so apparently he is able to use his connections to organize useful loans for youth players.
(Tottenham Youth Special – The Fighting Cock a link to the podcast, it is not hard to find but here's a link any way.)

I see that as beyond unlikely. I don't there's any appetite to have him back at the club even if his stint with the academy was succesful.

I see that as beyond unlikely. I don't there's any appetite to have him back at the club even if his stint with the academy was succesful.
You are probably right, I feel strangely sorry for him he was ambitious and over confident when he agreed to take over from AVB. His recent failures have emphasized his flaws but if things had been different I think he could still be making a positive contribution to Spurs

The reason why he was pushed out of the club wasn't his abilities - it was because he is a snake.

It's absolutely no coincidence that we've been cleansed since the club got rid of Tim, Les and Harry's cronies.

The thing is when Poch loans a player it usually means you won't be seeing them again. He tends to keep the kids he feels are good enough with the first team, integrating them into the style, preparing them for a shot at a debut.

The reason why he was pushed out of the club wasn't his abilities - it was because he is a snake.

It's absolutely no coincidence that we've been cleansed since the club got rid of Tim, Les and Harry's cronies.
Yes and there's that. He likes to leak stuff, talks too much and is far too susceptible with the media. He likes the limelight too much.
We would be plastered all over the back pages with rumours of this and that undermining team spirit.
No coincidence not much comes out since Les and Tim have fucked off.

Yes and there's that. He likes to leak stuff, talks too much and is far too susceptible with the media. He likes the limelight too much.
We would be plastered all over the back pages with rumours of this and that undermining team spirit.
No coincidence not much comes out since Les and Tim have fucked off.

Indeed. We'd be seeing articles in the Sun like:

"You Poch Bastard

A number of first-team international stars are looking to exit the North London club due to the excessive training regime undertaken by Argentine Pochettino. A source close to the club, who wished to stay anonymous, claimed 'He keeps making them facking run araand too much. Stupid slag'."

He didn't actually coach the youth though did he? He was more of a facilitator, he was the go between the players and their families etc. Wasn't Chris Ramsey/Alex Inglethorpe the main coaches.

I don't think we'd have him back as we seem to have a good structure within the club, Sherwood would only seem to disrupt that as shown in the past with a foreign manager in charge.

This ^^

He had no abilities other than be a divisive cunt, he didn't even have full UEFA accreditation. Which suggest to me someone who is serious about being a top coach.

Back
Top Bottom