This season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From about 5 minutes into the game really. After all the last minute heroics this season people still think we have lost if we are not 3 up after 15 minutes.

Not one sane person expects us to even 1-0 up by half time, let alone 3 up in 15.

You have totally missed the crux of the complaints.
Why dont you tell me what is pleasing you in our game at the moment.

Please dont say "Harry Kane, he´s one of our own", I think I´ll vomit

Will the owners accept that we're a top 6 team rather than asking for top 4?

You get what you pay for I guess so we are were we are because of that.

No one sane person expects us to even 1-0 up by half time, let alone 3 up in 15.

You have totally missed the crux of the complaints.
Why dont you tell me what is pleasing you in our game at the moment.

Please dont say "Harry Kane, he´s one of our own", I think I´ll vomit
Harry Kane he's one of our own ... over to you.

Will the owners accept that we're a top 6 team rather than asking for top 4?

You get what you pay for I guess so we are were we are because of that.
Sort of , but we pay the highest ticket prices in
the country . At fan level we are ripped off , at board
investment level we are punching above our weight .

I think this season has going just as anyone sane might have expected, with a couple of nice surprises thrown in such as taking 4 points off Woolwich, smashing Chelsea at home, cup final and emergence of a 20+ Goal a season striker from out youth ranks.

Sure there have been annoying errors. But you can't expect someone to be totally perfect in any season, let alon their first with a squad of players brought in by several different regimes.

The best part seems to be that a lot of enjoyment has come back into supporting the club, thanks largely to the inclusion of players who appear to give a fuck. That novelty will wear off next season though if we don't continue to improve.

As many others have said, this upcoming transfer window will be the most interesting since bale left. A lot of players we want to get rid of. Some who we probably want to stay but are keen to leave. It's a big rebuild. Plus we have green light on the stadium now so not sure we can expect a huge splurge unless someone like lloris goes for 50m.

Unfortunately this could mean that the story next season will be about the new squad needing time to gel (sound familiar?)
Hopefully though poch and Mitchell know which players they need who can come in and easily slot into our playing style and club philosophy.

Still a few weeks to go but at the moment id give us an overall B-

it's not been a bad season, but at the end of the day its the same old crap every year, we get ourselves into a good position and look like we are going to push on and achieve something and we just blow it when it really matters, and make no mistake about it, the same will happen next year as well, and will keep doing so until we actually buy a better standard of players

This season has been pretty much what was expected.
Anyone expecting top 4 with this newish set up needs a reality check.
We've made great strides with the youngsters and we can see some sort of bright future for the first time in a long time.
The manager has done what he can with a team that isn't really his.. Lets judge him once he ships out a few and brings in a few.
I've enjoyed this season much much more than last season with AVB where we were losing 6-0 5-1 to Man City, 5 & 4 nil to Liverpool and 3 times to West Ham.. That was probably the worst season I can remember as a Spurs fan for me.
Every game we went in we looked like we were going to get thrashed and embarrassed, that hasn't happened this season so that is a massive positive going forward.
There is more to football than getting CL i'm afraid, it is great and something to aim for but it is not the be all and end all, once you accept that then the more you will enjoy.
Last season I dreaded going to games which is the first time ever ( including the Gross years ) this season I have looked forward to each game and got my hunger back for watching us, which was the most important thing as far as I was concerned.
I love a lot of things that are happening with our club at the moment.

Last edited:
I think this season has going just as anyone sane might have expected, with a couple of nice surprises thrown in such as taking 4 points off Woolwich, smashing Chelsea at home, cup final and emergence of a 20+ Goal a season striker from out youth ranks.
The best part seems to be that a lot of enjoyment has come back into supporting the club
, thanks largely to the inclusion of players who appear to give a fuck. That novelty will wear off next season though if we don't continue to improve.

As many others have said, this upcoming transfer window will be the most interesting since bale left. A lot of players we want to get rid of. Some who we probably want to stay but are keen to leave. It's a big rebuild. Plus we have green light on the stadium now so not sure we can expect a huge splurge unless someone like lloris goes for 50m.

Unfortunately this could mean that the story next season will be about the new squad needing time to gel (sound familiar?)
Hopefully though poch and Mitchell know which players they need who can come in and easily slot into our playing style and club philosophy.

Still a few weeks to go but at the moment id give us an overall B-

When you put it like that... I'd say this season has been a resounding success... what do peple want?

We should finish 5th, 6th or 7th. We will, so all on track.

However, I don't think we've played well in any more than a few games. Last minute winners, mundane draws and a serious lack of alternatives to Harry Kane have prevailed.

Trying to look at things from another way I just wonder if we would have the 5 or 6 more points we would need if we weren't in the Europa this season, the 5 or 6 that would have kept the season alive and kept the players a bit more interested than to fight for 5th or 6th the last 2 months of a season

We may even have won the final, probably not though chelsea are twats

I just think yes things have tailed off, and will get increasingly hard to get the team motivated, just like it is to get the fans motivated for remainder of season now, we all know how this one is going to end.

Sammy like me is pro Levy, and never say go and spend a billion, this summer there has to be some genuine activity to get 3 or 4 that really round off that first team and give us a chance to have those 6 points we need by now And get rid of the 8 players scarred by various administrations that we don't need anymore

We also have to hope that two of Chelsea, City, Utd, Goons and Liverpool have disasters.

Not very likely is it?

Chuck everything at the Europa and fuck everything else, I say. Would love to see us lifting another cup.

Back
Top Bottom