The Unavailable (Injury & Suspension) Player Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sessegnon has missed circa 700 days / 115 games since he's joined. Obviously I feel for the lad cause he'd rather be doing what he loves, and it's gotta be a heavy psychological burden...but as a club we just can't keep him on the roster any longer. Whenever he does play, you can tell he's just frightened, he knows the next injury is just around the corner...and it always is. Yeah still only 23, but I very much doubt his body will ever stop breaking down. His contract runs out in 2025 and I really don't see anyone buying him...so either we send him out on loan (if anybody will have him and what % of his wages they'd be willing to cover?) or just agree a deal with him to terminate early.

As for Gio, since he's started his pro career 10 years ago, he's only played 30 games or more...twice (his second season at PSG and sole season with Betis). Other than that he's closer to the 15-20 mark. Since he's been at Spurs that's over 330 days / 60 games missed. Very good player on his day, but he's just Mr Unreliable and we can't have that in this squad. Gotta go end of the season. Someone offers us 10-15 mil, say yes please thank you. I bet it's doable after he showed some good moments eg vs City.
Hard not to disagree with any of that!

I guess Gio and Sess are similar players (not positional wise) at different stages of their careers .

Both have obvious talent, but unfortunately, their bodies just don't seem up to coping with the Physical demands that playing REGULARLY puts on them.

I suppose it's like having a vastly talented player (Ndombele?) whose character and commitment just isn't right...
Doesn't matter HOW gifted you are, if you're heart or head isn't in it, it's just not worth the bother.
Dele seemed to go down a similar path for one reason or another... and it's a crying shame.

...and it's the same with injury prone players, just more unfortunate I guess, 'cos there's only so much they can do to get fit, only to break down again!

At the opposite end of the scale you have someone like Skipp, who has 'journeyman footballer' written all over him.
Yes he has his limitations, but his commitment and fitness levels are there for all to see.
I can imagine him still playing first team football somewhere at a relatively high level until well into his late 30's. ...bit like James Milner!

Looks like we've got most of our squad back now, only injuries and players missing are Solomon and Sess, great stuff!

Still find it funny that people wanted us to buy some players in the Jan TW to cover for the absentees 😆

Looks like its down to 2 injuries now and all the internationals back.

Ange on the two injured players today , Manor Solomon and Ryan Sessegnon "Manor's had to have a further procedure on his knee and Sess is still completing his recovery."

and 'Giovani Lo Celso back in full training and could be involved this weekend'

It's pretty amazing we've hung on in there with all the squad issues.

I reckon everyone is feeling pretty optimistic at the club right now.

Can we get back to that early season form? If so the sky is the limit.

And by sky I mean a second place finish.

View: https://x.com/Lilywhite_Rose/status/1758097251321192585?s=20

I doubt if Robson will make bench.

Sessegnon back in training - but he's got that before but relapsed

He's clearly rated though... This was from last week:

...he's not out former player Mark Robson's son is he??
If so, that makes me feel VERY old!!!

He's clearly rated though... This was from last week:

...he's not out former player Mark Robson's son is he??
If so, that makes me feel VERY old!!!
As Robson is U21 he is a "free" addition to the squad.
Next season he will be over 21 but his club trained status means he could be a "free" pick for our UEFA squad so Ange is giving him a good opportunity to show that he is worthy of that spot.
Or he could just be making up the numbers! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom