The Timothy effect

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At least until next week, when someone will make a blog post/article/thread saying that:

Tim is the best fucking thing ever, 10 year contract and obligatory fan provided blowjobs

Thank fuck he's gone in the summer, get rid, useless woolwich supporting flop

The only thing more predictable than our crap defence are the yo-yo affiliations on here at the mo.

Perhaps the time has come to be a bit like Tim. Burn the tactical books, chuck the blackboard in the bin. Play with some spirit. Balls out on the table. Let's just go for it.

Read full article
at least he's trying to create a bit of an identity. looking to make us more resilient. we currently have a collection of mercenaries, stopping off before moving on to a 'bigger' club. He doesn't help himself with the way he goes about it though. but we do lack identity. we roll over the majority of times we come up against a decent challange

at least he's trying to create a bit of an identity. looking to make us more resilient. we currently have a collection of mercenaries, stopping off before moving on to a 'bigger' club. He doesn't help himself with the way he goes about it though. but we do lack identity. we roll over the majority of times we come up against a decent challange

He's gone back on a lot of things and made a contradiction quite a few times.

I imagine he is trying to achieve something, and the mistakes are manifested by inexperience, but I'd be concerned that we might risk binning off a lot of the squad this summer - all for next season it to be another reversal or something.
He doesn't believe in philosophies or projects apparently, but you need to know where he's trying to get to - it's not as simple as 'winning stuff'.

What I think we will soon see is that he will soon suddenly have a philosophy.

Funnily enough, saw his name on twitter/facebook before as Woolwich fan's potential replacement for Wenger, lol

He's gone back on a lot of things and made a contradiction quite a few times.

I imagine he is trying to achieve something, and the mistakes are manifested by inexperience, but I'd be concerned that we might risk binning off a lot of the squad this summer - all for next season it to be another reversal or something.
He doesn't believe in philosophies or projects apparently, but you need to know where he's trying to get to - it's not as simple as 'winning stuff'.

What I think we will soon see is that he will soon suddenly have a philosophy.

Funnily enough, saw his name on twitter/facebook before as Woolwich fan's potential replacement for Wenger, lol
no point overhauling the squad again. i think the gulf in quality is much smaller than results suggest. need to change the mentality for once and not the personnel. so for me at least he is trying to do that. unfortunately he lacks the experience to do it in a way that fans will accept and he will likely learn his trade elsewhere and we'll begin another 18 month manager cycle

no point overhauling the squad again. i think the gulf in quality is much smaller than results suggest. need to change the mentality for once and not the personnel. so for me at least he is trying to do that. unfortunately he lacks the experience to do it in a way that fans will accept and he will likely learn his trade elsewhere and we'll begin another 18 month manager cycle

To be fair, and I've said it plenty of time, this 18 month sacking cycle thing is a myth, bit embarrassing if we start echoing stuff rival fans make up.

Tim's pretty much said that the squad will change, assuming because some people don't have the right attitude. Also unsure how many big players will want to stay, based on them normally needed a 'big name' to stay.

To be fair, and I've said it plenty of time, this 18 month sacking cycle thing is a myth, bit embarrassing if we start echoing stuff rival fans make up.

Tim's pretty much said that the squad will change, assuming because some people don't have the right attitude. Also unsure how many big players will want to stay, based on them normally needed a 'big name' to stay.
yeah thats fair enough. the 18 month comment was more a general response to the constant state of flux we seem to be in. i'd love some stability for once. i too expect some to leave but i think another 7 new signings will just waste another season. i think players attitudes can change if they are motivated in the right way so no need to give up on the current batch just yet. he needs to learn their personalities and find ways to get the best out of them

yeah thats fair enough. the 18 month comment was more a general response to the constant state of flux we seem to be in. i'd love some stability for once. i too expect some to leave but i think another 7 new signings will just waste another season. i think players attitudes can change if they are motivated in the right way so no need to give up on the current batch just yet. he needs to learn their personalities and find ways to get the best out of them

Of course, when QPR (Hughes) signed the players they did that summer everyone thought they'd be a force: Julio Cesar, Rob Green, Fabio, Nelson, Mbia, Bosingwa, Junior Hoilett, Park Ji-Sung, Granero, Diakité, Andy Johnson.... nearly all were experience PL players - 2 seasons later, most are now struggling to get the same team back into the PL.

I think we need to strengthen, but not with 7 different players from 7 different nations. I think Benteke would fit in as he's part of the Belgian core that play together, the rest is down to the assessment of our youths and who gets sold.

Tim is like Kyle Naughton. You know he's probably got potential, and he wants to be the main man, but just when you think "I actually think he'll be good for us" he fucks it up for himself somehow....

Why should a manager have to bollock players ALL the time in order for them to show GUTS &respect for the shirt? Why can't they play the same in the first half as they did in the second half without the half time rant from Sherwood yesterday?Maybe he should bollock them before the first half !! Oh well,my rants over back to the merlot.

I say give him a bit more time, and a real chance to put his stamp on things. Bring in an experienced coach to work with him (Ray Wilkins, Mike Phelan ilk) and let him sign sensibly in this transfer window (No 30m unproven players) - then we'll be in the right position to judge.

It is a hard one as we could go for the Van Gaal or the Dr Boer. It's a split decision for most, but I'd opt for giving Sherwood a proper crack to build his own team.

His approach will certainly win games. But no way in hell will it win trophies or any kid of sustained success. It's only fair that we back him whilst he's in charge and support the team as much as possible, but personally I find him incredibly unlikable.

I dislike the man , kinda like the passion and the vision on football (even if vision is something he app doesnt have) - what bothers me a lot is that he seems to choose the public bollocking of players in stead of the Mourinho approach. Take the heat yourself and go back to the dressing room and make em sweat.

If you have to force your authority by yelling at players that do not respect you in the first place, its not going to change. These guys have seen managers come and go, if he keeps on going about telling everyone there's a lot of issues with mentality in our squad he will create the following effects :

Everybody will feel targeted and esp the more experienced players that feel they posess the right mentality will start looking elsewhere, while having a devaluated price because it is known they are no longer wanted. The younger players will follow the more experienced ones and by the end of the season the only motivated players left are those trying to get out as fast as they can. It is human to not accept random comments from someone you still have to learn to respect or even appreciate. Esp if that someone was a nobody in your eyes up untill a few months back. And i m pretty sure that most of our Internationals think he is a loudmouth nobody, that's arrogant and not to be condoned but understandable either way.

I dislike the man , kinda like the passion and the vision on football (even if vision is something he app doesnt have) - what bothers me a lot is that he seems to choose the public bollocking of players in stead of the Mourinho approach. Take the heat yourself and go back to the dressing room and make em sweat.

I've seen idiots having a pop at him for publicly supporting Naughton at the weekend..... where as you have chosen to ignore it.

I've seen idiots having a pop at him for publicly supporting Naughton at the weekend..... where as you have chosen to ignore it.
you are right , i did not ignore it - just forgot about it, i believe the support for Naughton was merited by the way he kept his spirits up and tried to right his wrongs.

At least until next week, when someone will make a blog post/article/thread saying that:

Tim is the best fucking thing ever, 10 year contract and obligatory fan provided blowjobs

Thank fuck he's gone in the summer, get rid, useless woolwich supporting flop

The only thing more predictable than our crap defence are the yo-yo affiliations on here at the mo.

This is exactly how I will react.

I save drafts for my post game manager meltdown / appraisal.

Back
Top Bottom