The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Win today and it is only 5 points. Lots of games left to play. We only need to draw level with them on points to win the title. The pressure builds on them every single game that we don't drop points.

Stating the obvious post here....but....today and every game we have left is like a cup final for us and should be played that way. Gut feeling tells me realistically we are fighting for a top 3 finish but it's not over till it's over (Liverpool/Gerard slip etc) we just have to keep doing what we are doing and see what happens come 15th May. COYS big 3 pts today to keep them under pressure
:pochohshit:

Seems to me we fall into two broad categories:

1. Knee jerkers. The fan whose instant default to a setback is to head straight to the Internet and post something that suggests their teddy has been launched from their high chair. So if Leicester score, their almost instant reaction is to declare to the world that the game / title / life in general is over.

2. Idealists. Those who have not experienced the joy of a title challenge in decades and don't know quite how to handle it either. But while it is still mathematically possible, they dare to dream.

I'm an idealist, which may make me a mug. Which one are you?

1. Knee jerkers. The fan whose instant default to a setback is to head straight to the Internet and post something that suggests their teddy has been launched from their high chair. So if Leicester score, their almost instant reaction is to declare to the world that the game / title / life in general is over.

2. Idealists. Those who have not experienced the joy of a title challenge in decades and don't know quite how to handle it either. But while it is still mathematically possible, they dare to dream.

I'm an idealist too. Happy to join the mug club.
Daring to dream appeals more to me than giving up. I have almost no fucking chance of winning the lottery. Does it stop me buying a ticket?

Leicester will drop points, it's just a case of how we respond..

We need a win today and then we only have one game a week like them, no interruptions, no distractions, just 7 games.
Their spunky 1-0 wins will dry up..

I haven't seen one dubious decision go against them that has cost them any points of late, so they are due a Clattenburg style stitch up..
All we can do is keep pressure on them starting with a 2-0 win today.

Looking forward to it.. COYS...

I'm an idealist, but I like to keep my dreams to myself for fear of having them laughed back in my face if Woolwich finish above us again.

Tactical reds and mystery injuries

I suspect we'll see a few (particularly the poor performing 'big clubs')

Unfortunately for us, I strongly suspect the Chelski scum will be the biggest offenders, followed by imploding everton and Leicester will capitalise

We will of course get Newcastle (seems to happen almost every season) when they're flying and playing like Dortmund

What a season

The Leicester will drop points comments are starting to grate

Surely we will too?

Isn't that how football works?

Out of interest, who was the last premier league side to win 8 premier league games in a row?

Do you spurs fans really understand the dynamics of football? When the season started and right through to the Manchester City game away,teams had a go at us and paid the price with our superb counter attacking. Now teams who are fighting for their lives are wary of this and the dynamics of our games have changed. Our shape is more compact our midfield relentless and defence superb. At the moment we are winning matches 1- 0 and last time I looked that = 3 points. Remember your neighbours made it an art form to win the league.
Good luck in your remaining fixtures but please less of the we are the best team in the league nonsense the table after 31 matches suggests otherwise. Only 2 teams have worked us out in the league over these matches.Woolwich x 2 one with some fortune and Liverpool away. So so lucky we are get real.

Are you fucking stupid? One season wonder and you get all billy big bollocks. Fuck off back to your leicester forum you stupid little cunt. You've only been supporting Leicester since December, and I expect you'll jump straight back to Chavski next season when Leicester are fighting to avoid relegation, after losing all of their half decent players in the summer. Now...fuck off you uneducated, illiterate piece of spunk

By the way...our defence has been better than yours. Looked at goals conceded? You've scored ONE more goal than us (until after today I reckon)). You dare call Woolwich's win over you fortunate, and then say that your shitty one-nil wins haven't been??! You know nothing you absolute bell-end. Your luck will stop, even if you do somehow scrape the league this season. You will be found out, and relegated. So enjoy it whilst it lasts, because you're soon going to be in a world of shit you fucking unevolved ape

Last edited:
Do you spurs fans really understand the dynamics of football? When the season started and right through to the Manchester City game away,teams had a go at us and paid the price with our superb counter attacking. Now teams who are fighting for their lives are wary of this and the dynamics of our games have changed. Our shape is more compact our midfield relentless and defence superb. At the moment we are winning matches 1- 0 and last time I looked that = 3 points. Remember your neighbours made it an art form to win the league.
Good luck in your remaining fixtures but please less of the we are the best team in the league nonsense the table after 31 matches suggests otherwise. Only 2 teams have worked us out in the league over these matches.Woolwich x 2 one with some fortune and Liverpool away. So so lucky we are get real.
What's with all the Leicester fans on here? Yeah you've been brilliant, real fairytale stuff. That what you want?

Fuck off to your own forums and bathe in some Leicester spunk. It's fine because Mahrez & Kante will fuck off to a better club, and Vardy will quit football to become Trump's running partner.

Leicester are winning the league, we aren't....and I don't care how many disagrees I get for saying so. Their form is too consistent. They aren't pretenders. They're the real deal.
Of course they are, but they are only just winning their games 1-0, its a fine line between pleasure and pain when you are registering those scores: We are in there with a big shout!

This is the statue of Vardy that is going to be unveiled at the King Power on May 15th apparently.

olympic-salute-statue.jpg
He has got no bollocks!

Oh dear. It has been great to see your team challenge the Sky Four, but I'm afraid your high and mighty tone will come back to bite you in the arse. It may not be this season, but it will happen. Your side's exploits remind me of Wimbledon in the 80's. A crazy gang who fought for each other and earned praise for their uncompromising attitude. But look where they are now...
Your team is aging, your leading players will move to bigger clubs (aye, bigger even than Spurs) and you will return to obscurity. Even Mahrez thought you were a rugby club when he was first approached.
You are not the "new Woolwich", as you imply. They have a global fan base, stadium and brand that you will never match. You are the new Wimbledon - enjoy it while it lasts, but please don't come on here and lecture us about the dynamics of the game.

Last edited:
It's what other sides have said about us. Go take your beef with them.

Leicesters results in the reverse fixtures against those clubs remaining:

Southampton - 2-2 draw
Sunderland - 4-2 win
West Ham - 2-1 win
Swansea - 3-0 win
Man Utd - 1-1 draw
Everton - 3-2 win
Chelsea - 2-1 win

That'd almost certainly win them the league.

Becasue all results repeat themselves over a season. They don't mate! Lots of twists and turns yet to come.

Back
Top Bottom