The race for second place.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The chavs look very vulnerable.
Unless the unthinkable happens & we hit a serious slump, I am confident we will get top 4 again. And being at Wembley this season, that in itself is a mighty achievement.

Liverpool bigger club

Bunch of entitled idiots more like .... in the days of modern stadia they've turned their stadium into some kind of meccano monstrosity .... and despite not having consistently competed for top trophies in two decades their fans (average age 50+) all still think of themselves as winners ....

No doubt they are a big club with a massive fan base .... but they're getting less and less competitive every decade, it's quite possible that in another couple of decades they will be remembered along with Preston North End, Leeds and Notts Forest .... all great back in the day but now no longer relevant ....

Liverpool are awfully reliant on Salah right now, think people are underplaying the importance of Coutinho departing. Chelsea have been so poor but I have a nasty feeling that Giroud will be fucking perfect for them. Confident we'll get in there but it will be tough

As potent as their attack is, Liverpool has proven constantly that their defense is a shambles and they are prone to fuckups especially to teams they are expected to win against. Its likely they will have some more of those in the run in.
The chavs have also had some real shockers this season too, and signs there point to things being a bit unstable behind the scenes maybe? We can help our cause by beating them hopefully, although even taking a point off them may be good enough if they continue to have some shockers.

We just got to handle our business though, that is all we can do. I kind of like that we are chasing, I think we can manage that pressure nicely, and if the fixtures work out for us we can build pressure on those in front. Liverpool I don't think they will handle that pressure so well. I won't write chavs off totally as they do have winning experience, but dippers I think we can make them crack.

Yesterday's result was really good for us. It seems like it's been a while that we've deserved 3 points away at a top 6 rival.

Play like that against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and we may finally get a win there too.

We've blown top four wide open. It was imperative we didn't lose yesterday. Beat Woolwich next week and we go 4th albeit temporarily but Southampton away won't be easy for Liverpool.

After that we have pretty favourable fixtures.

Start of the season I put our chances of getting top 4 somewhere around the "More likely to get a blowjob off the Pope" level. Purely because of Wembley, which I was certain was going to be a total fucking disaster. My main fear was that we'd end up finishing around 8th and do something incredibly stupid such as sacking Poch. Now I'll be massively surprised and disappointed if we don't at least finish 4th. Chelsea are in trouble, with the uncertainty about Conte and them suddenly coveting mid-table journeymen as potential new signings will hopefully really unsettle them for the next few months. Man Utd look vulnerable, I don't think Sanchez will be the revolution they expect or need. As much as I hate saying it, I think Liverpool will make top 4.

Woolwich? Who are they?

Winning the NLD is the most important game of the season now, we win that and we’re in for a big shot at top 4. We’ve done real well considering we’re missing some key players in our defence like Toby, Wanyama and Rose who are all available now. Hopefully they all regain their form in the run in because it’ll help massively.

At this rate, I feel like Liverpool, Woolwich and Chelsea could drop points to absolutely anyone.

I still think Utd are ridiculously hard for other teams to beat due to the way Mourinho sets them up and they have enough quality to see games through.

We keep doing what we're doing and we'll get top four.

Back
Top Bottom