The Newcastle Yo-Yos vs. Wembley Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really?

Eriksen started last season slowly. It wasn't until we went 3 at the back that his freedom off the ball allowed him to flourish and gain confidence.

I'm judging by the end of last season with Kane and without Walker and Rose. Like I said, individually in a 3 he could score one and be man of the match for his technical ability, but we dominated a lot more as a team with other players on the pitch. Son is proven as giving more goals so if he is fully fit you'd actually have to drop Alli to fit Eriksen in. I'm not opposed to changing it, but it's simply a case of that starting team is tried and tested as working better when we finished last season and no other one is yet.

I'm judging by the end of last season with Kane and without Walker and Rose. Like I said, individually in a 3 he could score one and be man of the match for his technical ability, but we dominated a lot more as a team with other players on the pitch. Son is proven as giving more goals so if he is fully fit you'd actually have to drop Alli to fit him in. I'm not opposed to changing it, but it's simply a case of that starting team is tried and tested as working better when we finished last season and no other one is yet.

Erikesn makes us gel, he is the one pulling the strings, could even say he is the guy at the orchestra waving the stick.....

dudamel-scorpion.gif

Erikesn makes us gel, he is the one pulling the strings, could even say he is the guy at the orchestra waving the stick.....

dudamel-scorpion.gif

I'm not saying it isn't better to watch Eriksen or he doesn't make us tick better in a 4. All I am saying is we are playing Sissoko at right-wing-back with a 3 so being more direct is better than ticking if we want to dominate this game, based on the last games we dominated at the end of last season. Given the choice in an ideal world, if everyone was at the same level of conditioning, I'd rather start with a team that tried and tested won by 5 than won by 1 with Eriksen MOM. But it's a nice headache for Poch. No doubt he can magic up something new too...

I'm not saying it isn't better to watch Eriksen or he doesn't make us tick better in a 4. All I am saying is we are playing Sissoko at right-wing-back with a 3 so being more direct is better than ticking if we want to dominate this game, based on the last games we dominated at the end of last season. Given the choice in an ideal world, if everyone was at the same level of conditioning, I'd rather start with a team that tried and tested won by 5 than won by 1 with Eriksen MOM. But it's a nice headache for Poch. No doubt he can magic up something new too...

I just think regardless of formation if Eriksen is Plays well, spurs play well. But your right this is a great headache for Poch to have, and we haven't even made any signings yet!!
:sonpoint:

Interesting the Poch said we'll either play with Kyle Walker-Peters at RB in a back 4 as it's his "natural position" or Sissoko at RWB in a back three.

I would have said Walker-Peters would be perfect in a RWB role, surely? At least better than Sissoko in that role? :pochserious2:

Good luck Spurs for tomorrow !
seems that tomorrow Spurs will win ... 3 points, it's about score dilemma,but i feel a victory for Kane and Co...it's palpable,it's smelling in the air.:kanehand:

Thinking we'll see Sissoko at RWB to start. If we look terrible KWP will come in and we switch to a 4-2-3-1.

Lloris
Toby - Dier - Vert
Sissoko - Wanyama - Dembele - Davies
Dele - Eriksen
Kane

Vorm, KWP, Wimmer, CCV, Winks, Son, Janssen

(that bench is exactly why we're spending big on a CB)

Back
Top Bottom