The Newcastle Yo-Yos vs. Wembley Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I want a high score revenge result. 5-1 was painful.

And I sat among the home fans (the only time I have done it - never again!)..:pochfacepalm:

Quite like the idea of Sissoko as a right wing-back continuing his pre-season form with a solid performance up there. I can see it being a draw though, our record up there is very patchy even when we've had decent teams.

Quite like the idea of Sissoko as a right wing-back continuing his pre-season form with a solid performance up there. I can see it being a draw though, our record up there is very patchy even when we've had decent teams.
Given that they hate him up there it could be the perfect game to get something out of him.

---------------------------Lloris-------------------
---Dier----------Alderweireld---Vertonghen--
Sissoko----Wanyama--Dembele------Davies
-------------------Alli------------Eriksen---------------
---------------------------Kane----------------------

Unreal that we have put ourselves in a situation where we will be having to start Sissoko as a right wing back(knowing full well Walker was going to leave).

Curious as to where this idea of Newcastle as a Yo-Yo club has come from? We're hardly Norwich, West Brom etc. 2 relegations in 8 seasons and nothing before that in decades. We've been pretty awful, for the majority of Ashley's ownership, no doubt, but Yo-Yo club? not for me.

Think you'll beat us, gap in class is too large and Tottenham fan Mike Ashley hasn't released enough funds to close it at all.

Looking forward to seeing how Jacob Murphy, Mikel Merino and Florian Lejeune do in the top flight.

Long term I'm not expecting anything better than c14th, not without substantial investment. We're still relying on Paul Dummett at left back, still don't have proper cover for Shelvey in the centre and still relying on Gayle replicating his efficacy from the Championship or Mitrovic delivering on his potential up front.

It's strange for me to want Spurs to do well. Used to hate them in my early years (for being the destination of some of my favourite players), and a few unlikeable Spurs fans at Uni, but now, you play good football, have likeable players and a likeable manager. It's similar with Liverpool. Used to hate them, but not so much any more.

Reckon you'll end up missing out on the title but you won't be far off.

Edit- Oh and thanks for taking Sissoko off our hands.

And I sat among the home fans (the only time I have done it - never again!)..:pochfacepalm:
I want it to be 1-5 going into added time and then Sissoko puts one in to make it a 1-6 final. I may just spontaneously cum in my pants if that happens.

:dierno:

Given that they hate him up there it could be the perfect game to get something out of him.

Why? .....Would be like hating magic beans AFTER you've sold them.

A cult hero... Their Paulinho almost...

Just hanging out for the fairytale ending for Big Sis'.

Well I want revenge for the 7-1 defeat under Gerry Francis. I spent a bloody fortune on that trip and haven't been back to the Sports Direct Arena since.

Well I want revenge for the 7-1 defeat under Gerry Francis. I spent a bloody fortune on that trip and haven't been back to the Sports Direct Arena since.
This was my one & only visit up there to watch football. Great city, shit result. Had a cracking shag with a canny lass & had to do a "football factory lite" exit the next morning when her old man & her brother rolled home like two behemoth motherfucking alcopops. And I spent a fortune too. Wasn't worth the worrying itch for a few weeks after either.
:avbshock:

---------------------------Lloris-------------------
---Dier----------Alderweireld---Vertonghen--
Sissoko----Wanyama--Dembele------Davies
-------------------Alli------------Eriksen---------------
---------------------------Kane----------------------

Unreal that we have put ourselves in a situation where we will be having to start Sissoko as a right wing back(knowing full well Walker was going to leave).

We beat Leicester 6-1 away with Sissoko starting at right wing back. Maybe Poch genuinely thinks Sissoko is a better RWB than Walker, or at the very least he doesn't give a fuck because we dicked teams over regardless.

[formation=343, Lloris, Dier, Toby, Jan, Sissoko, Winks, Dembele, Davies, Eriksen, Kane, Dele][formation=442, Player, Player, Player, Player, Player, Player, Player, Player, Player, Player, Player][/formation][/formation]

I remember being at home and my dad listening to the commentary on the radio.. had no idea why he looked dead inside but now I'm a little older I have experienced the same existential dread.

Heading up to SJP for the 4th time on Sunday and I'm yet to see us win up there so here's hoping!

Back
Top Bottom