The Mighty Tottenham v Dial Square

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

strange first half ,we played well ,good attacking attitude, but when they had first chance,they scored, 0-1...
Spurs must maintain same good morale in attack in the second half ,and more careful in defence

then again, we DID beat a stronger Woolwich team with Mason and Bentaleb in central midfield. So who knows!?

Luckiest fucking goal, how many times out of ten does he manage that?

Woolwich seem to save all their flukiest goals for the NLD I swear. Cunts.

We have been so-so and Woolwich quite poor. Odd result at HT.

Still, it doesn't get us anywhere talking about opposition. As I said after WHU our performances have been very patchy but I got slagged to that.

Yet here we are again. Goal down, playing with no tempo, pressing game off and defence looking vulnerable.

These players need to show some fucking responsibility, they completely passed the buck at WHU.
We need some N'Jie (energy) AMIRIGHT?

Tempting to take Lamela off for Mason.
I thought Lamela was brilliant before his yellow card, but you always feel he's a liability when there's the possibility of him picking up another. Limits his effectiveness immensely, he's like that annoying wasp that won't leave your beer alone on a hot summer's day, with the card his wings have been clipped.

We have been so-so and Woolwich quite poor. Odd result at HT.

Still, it doesn't get us anywhere talking about opposition. As I said after WHU our performances have been very patchy but I got slagged to that.

Yet here we are again. Goal down, playing with no tempo, pressing game off and defence looking vulnerable.

These players need to show some fucking responsibility, they completely passed the buck at WHU.

I think the tempo and pressing was good but just missing a bit composure and guile in the final third. I've said it before now I just think creatively we're still finding our feet as a team.

Lamela was chasing them out the park and we were looking threatening. Then he got booked, got sloppy and we started playing poor. His half symbolizes the team's. Them cunts looked very dangerous in the last 10 or so. We can do this though. Need to start playing in players behind their line though - gamble a bit.

We weren't poor for the first half an hour. We just weren't creating shots on target. Frankly I think some credit needs to go to the scum's defence, who have been more solid than in their past two games. They are certainly more up for this game than their past two. I was worried about this because of all the fan and media pressure holding the players out as bottlers they really had to put in some level of credible performance to maintain their credibility. I think our lads haven't accounted for that possibility. This next half will define our players' season IMO.

Lamela has summed up our first half.

When he was not on a yellow, we looked good, we pressed well much like he did and we were winning our tackles. He got booked and it was like the whole team was on yellow cards, zero tackles, zero fight and Woolwich went and scored.

I thought Lamela was brilliant before his yellow card, but you always feel he's a liability when there's the possibility of him picking up another. Limits his effectiveness immensely, he's like that annoying wasp that won't leave your beer alone on a hot summer's day, with the card his wings have been clipped.

I agree, he was excellent. We were swamping them first 30 minutes.

Luckiest fucking goal, how many times out of ten does he manage that?

Woolwich seem to save all their flukiest goals for the NLD I swear. Cunts.

I know what you mean but you make your own luck. My heart sunk as soon as welbeck had a clear path to pass into

We are awful in the final third. Kane looks fuckin knackered and hasn't done anything for a little while now. If we have other players who can play up there, maybe now is the time to start using them.

All well and good closing the ball down and winning it back but we look like we don't know what to do when we get into dangerous positions. Not sure if that's pressure, tiredness, or whatever.

This is a massive 45 minutes coming up, no doubt about it.

That was a brilliant analogy. "The Wasp" is officially his nickname. Now we've the Dolphin and the Wasp!

Back
Top Bottom