The Mighty Spurs Of Haringey - Cardiff Dragons

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No one can legitimately argue he didn't perform in Serie A, but I don't think he has a game that works in the Prem. Haven't seen anything that contradicted that belief yet.

What is it about his game that you don't think will suit in the English league?

That was one of the worst games I've been to for a long while, Cardiff are just completely shite and we did our very best to match them.

The flat 442 against a 5 man defence needed a little bit more thought.

You've either not been to many games this season or have been extremely lucky

From this day forward I will no longer refer to the Deathstar as the "Woolwich Library".
I could hear a man 40 seats away farting it was so quiet yesterday.

I also felt like I had stepped into a different dimension, Lennon was defending and Dawson had three really good attempts on goal including a volley. WTF:dawsonmean:

Last edited:
I did have a chuckle when Dawson had his third attempt, of all the players on the pitch you'd want those chances to fall to he'd be behind Lloris.

That was one of the worst games I've been to for a long while, Cardiff are just completely shite and we did our very best to match them.

The flat 442 against a 5 man defence needed a little bit more thought.
It really says something when we win yet some of us still slate the team, yes the game was poor but given the previous "high" of Thursday and the shocking silent home crowd I think maybe we all need to look at ourselves, we couldn't even get a decent COYS chant going - pathetic. And I don't think Cardiff were that bad - hit the bar, good lloris save etc.
I enjoyed going anyway, if you don't enjoy it don't go - maybe there might more tickets available that I can buy!

The second half vs Cardiff was essentially the same as the first half vs Palace. Slow, backwards passing, no speed in the break, no incisive movement nor passes. Very poor, it was like we'd been told to hang on to the 1-0 and run down the clock from 45 mins onwards.

Still trying to work out exactly what Bobby's orders from Tim were? Seemed to me that he was dropping way back at times, even taking the odd throw in, when in my view he should have been moving around the box. There were a number of times we had movement on the wings but instead of making the run for the through ball he'd drop back to hold up play.

On the plus absolutely stoked with his goal, took it well and for that instance was in exactly the position I want to see him play.

The second half vs Cardiff was essentially the same as the first half vs Palace. Slow, backwards passing, no speed in the break, no incisive movement nor passes. Very poor, it was like we'd been told to hang on to the 1-0 and run down the clock from 45 mins onwards.
Yeah, AVB's fingerprints were all over it...

From this day forward I will no longer refer to the Deathstar as the "Woolwich Library".
I could hear a man 40 seats away farting it was so quiet yesterday.

I also felt like I had stepped into a different dimension, Lennon was defending and Dawson had three really good attempts on goal including a volley. WTF:dawsonmean:
The atmosphere in the second half was just absolutely hideous. It's embarrassing.

The midfield is the problem. Dembele and paulinho. They just don't posess the ability to pass the ball quick enough and it slows our play down. They arnt play makers, and that's why our play has been so mundane. Sometimes dembele plays at walking speed and paulinho looks as though he is just waiting for the world cup to start. They don't spot runs, or openings and their style just doesn't suit how the fans want us to play at home. Playing away to a top team and having to pack the midfield for example chelsea next saturday, that's when they can be effective. Our best midfield duo for home
games where we have to attack and entertain is sandro and eriksen.

The whole "shhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooot" thing is very tiresome.

Wonder if sandro's beard coming off was related to bobby scoring?

Ade worked his socks off yesterday. I've yelled some horrible things at that man. I'm really sorry.

Paulinho does absolutely nothing for me. For all those talking about Dawson reckless diving in and getting nothing- check out some of Paulinhos challenges yesterday.

Anyways- 3pts after an emotional Europa League victory can only be a good thing - unless you like moaning (which a fair few of you do). Roll on Chelsea- I really hate those cunts.

Back
Top Bottom